Sign in to follow this  
tchuk-norst

How do you add more to the masts?

Ok so we have the old middle section and the old top section but how do you put in another middle section to the mast and make it sturdy I can't figure it out?

Edited by tchuk-norst

4844.gif + 2537.gif + 2538.gif and/or 30047.gif

You've got a pretty high mast already then. You can let the mast go through the decks of the ship, or place the mast base at the deck for height differences as well. Of course you can also make a brickbuilt mast using round 2x2 bricks with axles or hoses in it to keep the mast straight.

Hope that helps!

Well, you can always try to make the masts like in BBB But make them longer, i guess you can do it so. But to be honest i really dont understand ur question, add the fourth sail in a one mast?? :pir-sceptic:

Captain Becker

Well, if you dont own BBB you have to get one but if you can you HAVE to buy Imperial Flagship. Its mych cooler than BBB. But about the masts, i would do the masts like this:

hh.jpg3x

and one of This

those you wil need if you are gonna do three sails on one mast, the result would have to look like

this

But i dont say at this is a good technique, so just try to buy IF and see how the masts are done on that, and use them or try to find own technique.

NOTE: i used LDD program so its not the perfect model but you should get the idea

Captain Becker

You can extend the mast pieces using black round 1x1 bricks, with a hose through them for strength. You can add clips on there to attach another yard.

tchuk...

Here is a technique I have used in the past to make the top section a little bit taller but still keep with the old lego way of attaching yard arms.

mast3.jpg

mast2.jpg

mast1.jpg

You can see this only makes the top portion of the last a little taller, but use some more round 1 x 1 bricks and a longer antenna/pole/lance and you could make it significantly taller.

Edited by ZCerberus

Ok so we have the old middle section and the old top section but how do you put in another middle section to the mast and make it sturdy I can't figure it out?

I would look for vessels that have at least three sails per mast in the Ship Index to see how others have done it in the thumblinks of topics or picture folders. :thumbup:

The two main ideas that I've seen quickly browsing the index include:

25-C

Bricks were used to create the mast portion below the crows nest.

sss09.jpg

30-A

Similar to Captain Blackmoor's suggestion where only "traditional" mast pieces are used, which I think is a good suggestion

4844.gif + 2537.gif + 2539.gif + 6067.gif + 2537.gif + 2538.gif

dscf0014.jpg

Hope that helps. :pirate: