I saw in the little set (1 ninja and 1 skeleton) cards like the old adventurers cards, with power, strength, life point etc etc :wacko:

nausi

Oh jeez, so they are doing turn-based strategy board game! :wacko: I guess it's a neat idea; I'm not sure about how much people would like it though; those are very nit-picky details and it's very time consuming and doesn't exactly appeal to kids.

Having said that; if it's a really simplified version of let's say Warhammer, then it will have tremendous potential for growth.

UHH :hmpf: I hate just speculating though, I'm really pumped for seeing prelims; I'm checking these forums every few hours, and whenever I get breaks in the mad hope of getting some official images!

Oh jeez, so they are doing turn-based strategy board game! :wacko: I guess it's a neat idea; I'm not sure about how much people would like it though; those are very nit-picky details and it's very time consuming and doesn't exactly appeal to kids.

I hope it's better than the Adventure game. I had all of the Orient sets but one and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to play the damn game! :laugh:

:hmpf_bad:

WELL i saw the pictures.

they are 7 little sets with lego spinning top

2257 Spinjitzu - STARTER SET with arena and blue samurai VS skeleton with big black feet :sick: new weapon: a long bone. I like it also for caveman :sweet:

2111 kai - red samurai with double sword katana and lance

2112 cole - black ninja

2113 zane - white ninja wuth a new strange weapon. It is a stck with shuriken i think

2114 chopow - skeleton

2115 bonezai - skeleton with stupid face

2116 krazi - skeleton with clown face :grin: i like it!

there are also 8 standard sets *huh*

nausi

Edited by nausicaakro

:hmpf_bad:

WELL i saw the pictures.

they are 7 little sets with lego spinning top

2257 Spinjitzu - STARTER SET with arena and blue samurai VS skeleton with big black feet :sick: new weapon: a long bone. I like it also for caveman :sweet:

2111 kai - red samurai with double sword katana and lance

2112 cole - black ninja

2113 zane - white ninja wuth a new strange weapon. It is a stck with shuriken i think

2114 chopow - skeleton

2115 bonezai - skeleton with stupid face

2116 krazi - skeleton with clown face :grin: i like it!

there are also 8 standard sets *huh*

nausi

Sounds....interesting. :laugh: I might pick up one of the single ninja, if they are under $5.

Well at least they have funny names! Bonezai... LEGO_facepalm.gif

:laugh:

Then again, might be worth it for the bones!

I still don't get the concept.... What are the tops? Are they buildable, or big clunky pieces? And how does the battling work, exactly?

I still don't get the concept.... What are the tops? Are they buildable, or big clunky pieces? And how does the battling work, exactly?

the spinnig top aren't buidable, they are big pieces. In every set there is: 1 top, 1 minifigs, 3 weapons and 1 cardand a lot of packaging.

The ninjago "normal" sets IMHO are terrible, juniorsize, a strange mix between old lego kingdome and the last airbender. :wacko:

nausi

the spinnig top aren't buidable, they are big pieces. In every set there is: 1 top, 1 minifigs, 3 weapons and 1 cardand a lot of packaging.

WTF? That doesn't sound like a very good idea. I don't want to pay extra just because a set has a top and cards that I won't even use. I just want lego! Is it too much to ask for to have just lego in a lego set? :hmpf_bad:

I think among AFOLS, this theme will fail.

Unless we like them for the pieces...

I really hope its gonna be a failure as I want to buy as many of these Ninja figs as possible on the cheap. :laugh:

I really hope its gonna be a failure as I want to buy as many of these Ninja figs as possible on the cheap. :laugh:

Same here, kinda. :tongue:

The ninjago "normal" sets IMHO are terrible, juniorsize, a strange mix between old lego kingdome and the last airbender. :wacko:

nausi

This sounds like legos answer to battle strikers from megablocks.

battle-strikers-tournament.jpg

I'm gonna wait until I see these pictures before I start dividing my money.

Which in turn is a rather dreadful attempt to do Beyblade. Which was like, a million times better than any of this.

I reserve judgement for the proper pictures. Whether it fails or flies depends on the marketing and distrobution. If you can't find them anywhere but LEGO.com then not many will be impressed or make the purchase.

With another chance meeting with a Lego rep, he explained that Ninjago is aimed at younger children who want to build and play it as a game.

Personally, I feel it will fail.....well with us AFOL's anyway ! :wink:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I got a very stupid feeling that eventually, I will only be interested in the new Ninja minifigures. :sadnew:

I've alway thought ninjas are tired and overrated, so I actually had no interest in this theme until I saw the big bike. that might just elevate it to "epic fantasy" level. Scantily clad warriors! Dinosaurs! Bikers! Skeletons! Magic robots!- and other staples of rock album covers. a kinda "no way" theme I'd be happy to have - and this might come close enough to appease me :tongue:

This sounds like legos answer to battle strikers from megablocks.

That's ridiculous. Were there not picture proof, I'd say "that isn't even a thing"

A complete unknown which has no actual similarities to the lego product. So it's a battle top: there are plenty of battle tops. Lego knows mega bloks never merits an "answer". and I think the idea of a battle top encasing a human fighter to convey spinning around Tazmanian Devil style is a terrible idea that LEGO deserves credit for. and maybe not the worst gimmick we've run into in lego sets - as long as the figs can't be damaged during play

Which in turn is a rather dreadful attempt to do Beyblade. Which was like, a million times better than any of this.

Beyblades are amazing. My heart soared the other day when I found out they're still in production (via a tv commercial)

I gotta see these sets now to see how much i love/hate them. pictures of the other themes are out, I wanna see these :sad:

Nausi sent the images over to me, I'm hosting them on Flickr for now. Get them while you can.

See the images of the 2011 NINJAGO line here:

On Flickr

Special thanks to Nausi who took pictures of the European retail catalog.

Edited by Tervlon

Nausi sent the images over to me, I'm hosting them on Flickr for now. Get them while you can.

On Flickr

OK, I'm sold... now the wait begins!

2011 is shaping up for a good year!... except for my wallet, its crying now.

On Flickr

I love the new Ninjago line. And Thank you so much!!!

Can I believe what I'm seeing?

It looks like we're finally getting specialized, proportionate arms for the skeletons! See here! And furthermore, they're bar-based, meaning that clips can attach to them!

Granted, the image is a 3-D render, but obviously if the arms were the same they'd render them as just battle droid arms. Now I'm curious, though, what angle they'll be at. Will the angle match standard minifig arms for the most part, I wonder? That's something I've been hoping to see for a long, long time.

Also, if the render is any indication, the skeleton torsos will be a new, more jagged appearance, which occasionally will have printing. Not sure how I feel about that. But I hope the arms carry over onto regular skeletons.

Wait, so NINJAGO is actually going to have large sets? I thought this was like a card-game, but now it's looking more like a return of classic Ninjas.