Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 discussion

The fisherman looked like an everyday guy.

The sumo ringer does have the same trophy - but keep in mind these are prelim pics so TLG might change the one or other thing.

I thought it was a ballet dancer.

The gorilla is a regular minifig with a gorilla head mold.

I don't remember the last figs clearly and the last one I completely forgot.

Thank you very much for this information, dariofol! :classic:

An artist sounds promising - the only question is whether it is from music, sports or painting.

Klaus-Dieter

i dont see the catalog but only found the wiki page... :-)

I was sitting here hoping the 16th one would be a pirate, but thinking it couldn't possibly be because pirates are awesome and K-D couldn't possibly have forgotten a pirate, even if it was the last figure.

Yay! Finally a minifig I can actually use in my collection.

Could be an artistic plastic surgeon. :tongue: But why would this source be right and K-D wrong? Although I do wonder what kind of artist and what accessories will be included.

Hopefully the Ferrari driver will have a champagne bottle to celebrate his win rather than a trophy.

Hopefully the baseball play will have a new bat rather than the old brown carrot!

Could be an artistic plastic surgeon. :tongue: But why would this source be right and K-D source wrong? Although I do wonder what kind of artist and what accessories will be included.

i only reported the page i dont tell that K-D source be wrong...

Thanks for posting this up!

God Bless,

Nathan

Hopefully the Ferrari driver will have a champagne bottle to celebrate his win rather than a trophy.

Hopefully the baseball play will have a new bat rather than the old brown carrot!

When I remember right, the Ferrari driver did only come with a red helmet - nothing more.

The baseball bat isn't a brown carot. To me it looks very authentic.

Klaus-Dieter

Could be an artistic plastic surgeon. :tongue: But why would this source be right and K-D wrong? Although I do wonder what kind of artist and what accessories will be included.

well an painter's smock could look like a doctor's lab coat - and I know I'd much rather get an artist - we've got doctors aplenty. Just being wistful on that, no reason to think it'll happen. but it sounds like Klaus-Dieter thinks it's plausible.

Now that some have secured their Series 2 minifigs, as well as I have, I am all too excited for the next series and can not wait! The elf and the gorilla sound the most exciting to me, but that won't stop me from collecting them all! My husband would absolutely love the fisherman, even though he's not much of a Lego fan...gasp...I know! I'm a big enough fan for the both of us! :tongue:

I hope the mummy has arm and leg side printing. That would be a huge improvement from previous mummies.

After almost completing series 2, we are looking for to series 3.

I wonder if the gorilla is a nod to the gorilla in LU? Since my kids requested adding bananas to our last pick a brick order I'm sure they'll be all over that figure.

Yes, the gorilla will be a much better way of acquiring bananas, especially if it comes with a spare. :thumbup:

I have been thinking. If there isn't going to be identifying bar-codes on Series 3 how is TLG going to identify them? If they don't identify them I could buy a whole box and it's filled with F1 Racers. I'm just interested in what's going to happen with them. Unless TLG is going to randomly package the boxes there is going to be some way to identify them. I was just thinking how hard and expensive it may be to obtain them.

They might systematically manufacture them in a pattern like 1-16 repeated over and over and insert them into the box like that.

Hello everybody! :classic:

Sometimes you only have to have much luck. And today I had that much luck since I was allowed to look into the retailer’s catalogue for the first half of 2011.

There even the new City sets were pictured.

I of course thought that you do not want to hear what’s new – but I tell you nevetheless.

Please be aware that I had no chance to take any notes or pics – so there might even be some mistakes.

The minifigures from this series look absolutely amazing! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Minifigure Series 3:

-fisher with hinge and fish

-Ferrari driver (red torso) with helmet

-mummy with pan

-? sumo wrestler/karate guy (yellow torso and pants) with trophy

-? female dancer

-samurai knight with removeable armor and samurai sword

-Hawaii girl (green skirt print) with two green rattles

-baseball player with baseball bat

-elf with bow and big buckler

-Native American chief with lance

-alien with space gun

-? male singer with ? micro and ? recorder

-? doctor/surgeon with suitcase and ?

-gorilla with banana

-snowboarder with snowboard

-???

Sorry for that I don't remember the one remaining minfig.

Let's discuss! :classic:

Btw:

1. Series 3 will already be released in January 2011.

2. There will be a series 4, too, but there were unluckily no pics of it in the retailer's catalogue.

3. Series 4 will be released in April 2011.

Klaus-Dieter

I WANT ALL!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: can't wait to see the images, hope to be released soon!!!! :thumbup:

They might systematically manufacture them in a pattern like 1-16 repeated over and over and insert them into the box like that.

I agree. Unless they produce these in different machines and then feed the box from each machine, which would amount to the same thing I guess. It's probably not as hard as we make it out to be.

On that note, I bought all 16 of this series, plus an extra egyptian, surfer and two spartans without using the bar codes. Well actually, I compared codes on the first ten to make sure they weren't the same, but the last ten were identified by touch. It's really easier than I thought it would be. You just identify the most recognizable part and feel for it.

I hope all the figs have arm and back printing. Male or Female, I want the elf! And if the gorilla has the long arms then I will be very happy (gorilla is my second favorite animal after spider monkey :wub: ).

JEB!

And if the gorilla has the long arms then I will be very happy

Good thinking. That would finally be a good use for the Toy Story arms. :wink:

update lego wiki... seem that now we have the same klaus dieter version

Fisher [1]

Ferrari Driver [1]

Mummy [1]

Sumo Wrestler/Karate Guy [1]

Female Dancer [1]

Samurai [1]

Hawaii Girl [1]

Baseball Player [1]

Elf [1]

Native American Chief [1]

Alien [1]

Male Singer [1]

Doctor/Surgeon [1]

Gorilla [1]

Snowboarder [1]

TBA [1]

I don't know why an egyptian mummy would have pan but it makes a lot more sense for a mommy to have it. Mummy = Mommy in most places

-Omi

I posted my thoughts on that a little earlier:

Regarding the mummy's pan, I'd bet it's meant to be a vessel containing the tana leaves that bring the mummy back to life.

:classic:

Well, another good use, anyway, after the Toy Story characters. :wub:

:wink:

update lego wiki... seem that now we have the same klaus dieter version

Fisher [1]

Ferrari Driver [1]

Mummy [1]

Sumo Wrestler/Karate Guy [1]

Female Dancer [1]

Samurai [1]

Hawaii Girl [1]

Baseball Player [1]

Elf [1]

Native American Chief [1]

Alien [1]

Male Singer [1]

Doctor/Surgeon [1]

Gorilla [1]

Snowboarder [1]

TBA [1]

I heard that the Elf may not be an Elf.. I talked with someone from Lego and they told me that it looks more like a Ranger with a Long shield and hair. they could not verify or deny that it was an Elf. In the sheet that they saw.. You get to see the figures but it is very small and hard to tell what exactly what it is. it just asks you how much you want to order with a picture. I know Lego reads this and I know they really would like to set the story straight about what it is.. But they can not or they can lose their jobs and get sued. They signed a non-disclosure agreement for things like this and if they are caught they can lose their job.

Edited by LegoFiend

But they can not or they can lose their jobs and get sued. They signed a non-disclosure agreement for things like this and if they are caught they can lose their job.

Well, to be honest I agree with LEGO's policy. Tough I browse everyday the net to find if some pictures are revealed, I find right to wait until the LEGO heads decide it's time to go. By the way, I just wanted to point out that in the first set of pictures the Series 2 Mexican wasn't wearing a Sombrero. If you can recall, he was wearing a Green Minifigs Series 1 Cowboy's hat. So maybe since there are 3 months and a half left, they are still in concept phase and production has not yet started so maybe we can have changes on the minifigs' specs.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

Series 3 sound great to me and the assortment seems very typical of what we've seen before. There always seems to be a few remakes, a few females, a few historical, a few sports guys, and a few random minifigs in each set. I hope they keep up the pace and release 4 sets a year. I don't think the intention is for everyone to be able to collect all of them unless you are an obsessed collector like a lot of us here. If you are willing to put the time and money into to it, you can get them all. It can be expensive but collecting legos is never a cheap hobby.