-? doctor/surgeon with suitcase and ?

Sounds nice

-gorilla with banana

WANT

-snowboarder with snowboard

Snowboard could be usefull

Edited by Lordofdragonss

You're all welcome. :classic:

Not to get off topic, but did you see anything for Castle or any other historical theme?

Steve

No, I didn't.

I don't remember having seen any new Kingdoms sets. But I think it's very likely that we'll get some new Kingdoms sets in summer 2011.

NINJAGO is no historical theme but an action theme.

And Pirates of the Carribean is a "historical" theme - but I guess it'll firstly come out in summer 2011.

So we regrettably can't expect another new historial theme before 2012.

Was the Samurai armor similar to the official ninja theme, or was it entirely different?

Sirius

It had exactly the same helmet, the same sword and the same armor like the ones from the Ninja theme from 1999/2000.

Not so sure about the double sided face, but yeah, I too hope that the gorilla has a normal head. Can you verify this for us K-D?

To me it looked like a minfigure with black pants, black torso and a gorilla head mold. I do not think that it has a different face on its back or that the gorilla face is only a mask under which you can find a regular head. But of course I do not know since that wasn't aible to be seen.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

If I have to be honest, I'm not very excited for these. A big month ago I was so excited to find series 1, and opening them was so fun. The minifigures were all lovely. Series 2 looks even better, but I haven't found them yet and I'm not sure I'll have the same feeling opening them. But with series 3, it's getting a bit too much too quickly for me.

Some of the figures sound very interesting: the fisher, the samurai, the elf and the gorilla. The others ones don't sound that exciting and rather normal (in comparison with series 1 and 2, only one or two figures looked less special). And what's up with all the counterparts? We already have a singer, a doctor, a Native American and a minifig doing winter sports.

I am however looking forward to see the pictures and it wouldn't surprise I am going to like them all, though. :laugh:

But with series 3, it's getting a bit too much too quickly for me.

On the one hand, from TLG's perspective, a 'hype' like this is not going to last forever, so it may be best for them to cash in while they can. On the other hand, this may very well be a much more constant factor in TLG's product assortment if they would limit it to one series per year. At this pace, I don't expect there will be a series 5.

If I have to be honest, I'm not very excited for these. A big month ago I was so excited to find series 1, and opening them was so fun. The minifigures were all lovely. Series 2 looks even better, but I haven't found them yet and I'm not sure I'll have the same feeling opening them. But with series 3, it's getting a bit too much too quickly for me.

Some of the figures sound very interesting: the fisher, the samurai, the elf and the gorilla. The others ones don't sound that exciting and rather normal (in comparison with series 1 and 2, only one or two figures looked less special). And what's up with all the counterparts? We already have a singer, a doctor, a Native American and a minifig doing winter sports.

I am however looking forward to see the pictures and it wouldn't surprise I am going to like them all, though. default_laugh_new.gif

I share the same sentiments, Series 3 seems to lack the "WOW" factor that Series 1 and 2 had. There's a couple of interesting figs in S3 (elf, samurai, & gorilla), but other than those, the rest look like a bunch of remakes of previous MFs or counterparts of S1/S2 figs. I'd be more than happy to take back my words when the official pics arrive.

The samurai and the mummy soung great! I agree that it lacks the 'wow' factor from the previous series.

I always considered these to be LEGO's counterpart to Playmobil's 'Specials', beside the fact that these minifigures are supposed to be random. As with Playmobil, there are several exciting and suprising figures but also a lot of the 'meh' type. On the other hand, the 'remake' of some of the figures might be good for people who didn't get any of the first two series and now get the chance to get something similar as these will be released in greater numbers than the previous series. It seems that LEGO has put out a lot of effort in creating new parts for the first two series and they are trying to regain the usage of those parts in these new figures.

Thanks for the info Klaus-Dieter! :classic:

Gaetano

Edited by Tanotrooper

Another thank you to you 'Klaus' for supplying this information......now a gorilla....YES please :laugh: - i have told my son already and he can't wait !

Maybe a sumo wrestler eh ? (he wants that too !) :thumbup:

Well I guess we will just play the waiting game to see the first pictures of these new figures......so I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

I'm also kind of disappointed in this theme... I like the idea of creating 'sets' of minifigs (the alien goes well with the spaceman, for example) but a lot of these seem like repeats with minor differences (do we really need another singer? Wouldn't a guitar player have been a better idea?).

I'll have to wait and see what they actually look like, of course, but TLC needs to be constantly creative with this theme, and not just use the same minifig trophy/maracas/microphone as the previous wave.

HUGE. Positively huge. I guess I was so caught up in the other espionage reports from the 'Deutschland Cowboy' that I never even picked up on this one.

Bottom line, they all sound promising, with some reservation for the dancer and singer. But for all the naysayers, let's wait to hear your tune once pictures start floating around the interwebs. These will be huge, AND a welcome winter pasttime after the holidays.

I definitely agree that we should wait for pics before judging. Most previous minifigs have new molds and whereas on paper some of these may not be exciting, they may surprise us once we see the pieces and design.

I'm most excited for the elf and I'm hoping the elf ears are on the wig so that it's possible to change faces on the elves ... Male singer sounds great too - could it be an iPod he's holding? A karaoke singer perhaps?

I'm looking forward to the elf, gorrila, mummy and alien. The Karate guy sounds wierd, hoping it will be a sumo wrestler. I agree that we should wait for pics for final judgement, hopefully we won't be disappointed. Thanks for the info!

Edited by Lego Star Wars Pwns

Thanks for all the terrific new info, K-D! :thumbup:

Does this mean that there could be more than two series next year? Releases in January and April could suggest further releases by the end of summer or before Christmas? While I like the collectible minifigs, I do hope TLG don't plan on releasing more than 2 series per year, it would leave me with so much less money for 'real' sets. :sceptic:

It appears they're releasing them every 3-4 months

Series 1 = May 2010

Series 2 = September 2010

Series 3 = January 2011

Series 4 = April 2011

Series 5 = Possibly July/August 2011 if they do release one?

Wow, what a rate they're releasing them at!

So far the only place I've been able to find even series 1 has been bricklink, and they charge an arm and a leg for these. (Like $6 per figure :hmpf_bad: )

It's true we have to wait for the pics to judge these, after all most of series 1 and 2 would sound boring if you just read the descriptions on them (I mean the surfer wasn't very exciting until you saw for great the fig looked)

Over all, I think the greatest contribution these figures make is that every series brings us 16 never before seen head prints, torsos, and new molds and accessories. I for one find little use for a lot of the torsos (as i'm a historic themes guy, modern bodies are not very useful to me) but the heads and hair pieces and some of the historic figures make it worthwhile to buy these.

So if a figure sounds plain, it will probably come with great accessories and face prints which will make up for it. I can't wait to see the samurai, mummy and the elf.

I'm really dissapointed there won't be any new Kingdoms sets until next summer, but I guess it'll give me a break in spending money on those sets and having some to get minifigures.

BTW, thank you so much Klaus-Dieter! Did I hear correctly or are there really going to be Pirates of the Caribbean sets in 2011??? :cry_happy:

HUGE. Positively huge.

1)Thaaat's what she said.

2)The only way that this even has the potential to be quote-unquote "HUGE" is that if Lego ups the production and distribution of this series and continues to keep it fresh. I can easily see it turning into a big "must-have" item for kids at school (well, at least with the boys :laugh:)

And, if they are smart and actually do that, then Lego should re-release the first two series in some capacity, whether it be a direct reissue or a slight redesign (i.e. color changes, changed prints). Slight redesigns would be a smart way to get money from collectors who have hoarded the originals, and would cause the originals to ridiculously skyrocket in value.

From the brief descriptions at least nine have piqued my interest. About the same as with series two. No doubt I'll resort to E(vil)bay and Bricklink to get the ones I want. Or rather, the parts from them. New hair, hats and accessories attract me more than the whole minifigs.

They claim they learned a lesson from Series 1 about how much in demand they will be; from what I heard, it was too late to correct series 2, but they are supposedly going to do better with series 3. I'm not holding my breath.

the elf is the only good one

The problem is I want an army of them. Well... maybe 10 or so. That's why I don't like these. I know they're supposed to be fun collectibles, but LEGO isn't Pokemon Cards, I want to know what I'm getting. You would think that, for example, if something like the Elf sold REALLY well, like far and above any other figures, that would indicate to TLG a demand for sets built around that character. Likewise Zombies and vampires and anything else.... they could have used these as a good way to test the waters. The only problem is that while you might want 20 forestmen or elves, you probably wouldn't want more than 1 or 2 vampires.

The alien, samurai, elf, and hula girl sound awesome. I'm curious to see if the elf will have a new head mould or just the normal head. Can't wait for pictures!

What I feel is slightly disappointing is the low female/male ratio in all minifig series so far: no more than 2-3 female minifigs out of 16. TLG probably have extensive market analyses to show that this ratio is the ideal balance for optimal sales, but I would have wished for a more balanced selection. :sadnew:

Nice find Klaus Dieter!

Sounds promising :wub:!

I know they're supposed to be fun collectibles, but LEGO isn't Pokemon Cards, I want to know what I'm getting.

The only problem is that while you might want 20 forestmen or elves, you probably wouldn't want more than 1 or 2 vampires.

My thought exactly!

Lego isn't pokemon, if I knew what I was buying I would have bought them as well. Now I had to use the barcode sheet/cheat but only to get a complete collection.

I just like to collect them all, and than buy a few extra of the really cool figs (Disco Stu :sweet:)

I just hope Series 3 has a loophole as well :sceptic:...

What people forget about is that these minifigs are designed for the kids! Not many kids would have LEGO from nineties or even from early 2000's! Even people like myself who have recently come out of their Dark Ages don't have much of any theme or minifig!

So a series covering a balance of old and new is a very good business strategy I believe!

Besides you can never have too many minifigs!!! :tongue::laugh:

I just hope Series 3 has a loophole as well :sceptic:...

If nothing else, we could carry extremely accurate scientific grade scales!

The minifig pieces are bound to weigh a few micrograms in difference.

Perhaps even the better stores could offer it as a service: weigh your LEGO like you can your fruit!

What I feel is slightly disappointing is the low female/male ratio in all minifig series so far: no more than 2-3 female minifigs out of 16.

A lot of people seem to have predetermined that certain figures are male. The snowboarder, doctor, fisher and elf could all be female. So could the ferrari driver and the baseball player, but that's less likely. The mysterious 16th figure could be female as well.

Things like the mummy, the gorilla and the alien are all more or less gender neutral, so they don't count.

I know there's (unfortunately) always going to be more male than female minifigs, but I'm not assuming there are only two females in series three until I've seen more details.

What people forget about is that these minifigs are designed for the kids! Not many kids would have LEGO from nineties or even from early 2000's! Even people like myself who have recently come out of their Dark Ages don't have much of any theme or minifig!

So a series covering a balance of old and new is a very good business strategy I believe!

Besides you can never have too many minifigs!!! :tongue::laugh:

True enough, but it's still a marketing scam... a successful one as demonstrated both by the series 1 fiasco and many other lines of "blind" purchased items (like the aforementioned pokemon cards), but I don't think it's a particularly good way for someone to bulk up on minifigs... there's a bunch of minifigs you can buy in sets (castle battle-packs, for example, but also magnet sets, the classic series, and now they even have the build-your-own at the stores, and you know what you're getting!).

It is not a LEGO set, it is a collectible. If you want to know what you are buying, just buy them from bricklink. If you don't want to pay bricklink prices then just buy impulse sets.

It is not a marketing scam, in no place do the packaging suggests that you can know what you are purchasing, the question marks all over the poly-bag should also be a hint.

A lot of people seem to have predetermined that certain figures are male. The snowboarder, doctor, fisher and elf could all be female. So could the ferrari driver and the baseball player, but that's less likely. The mysterious 16th figure could be female as well.

Things like the mummy, the gorilla and the alien are all more or less gender neutral, so they don't count.

I know there's (unfortunately) always going to be more male than female minifigs, but I'm not assuming there are only two females in series three until I've seen more details.

You have a valid point there. It's too early to tell the number of female minifigs in Series 3 yet, but the outlook is not great.

And while it's true that some minifigs out there are gender-neutral -- I can think of the robot in Series 1 for example -- all I can think of when I look at them is 'male'. If I require a female minifig in a MOC, I can't just go saying 'well this robot is female, you can't tell but just believe me' -- it just won't cut it. Female minifigs need some telling signs, lipstick, nice curves, or shell bikini tops, something that will stand out.

Wouldn't a female elf be great! :cry_happy: Crossing my fingers here!