Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 discussion

Well, it sounds like I will get a bit of a gap proir to the next box. January release means December is for sightings.

I must say, some of these sound quite interesting.

Was the Samurai armor similar to the official ninja theme, or was it entirely different?

Sirius

Thanks for all the terrific new info, K-D! :thumbup:

Does this mean that there could be more than two series next year? Releases in January and April could suggest further releases by the end of summer or before Christmas? While I like the collectible minifigs, I do hope TLG don't plan on releasing more than 2 series per year, it would leave me with so much less money for 'real' sets. :sceptic:

Oh, you've got to be kidding...

I haven't even found series 1 yet... this is quite ridiculous.

Here's hoping that it's at least going to have more production. :sceptic:

same here and it's really making me mad. They've had two waves already and i'm pretty sure a large chunk of FoL's hav'ent even got any of series 1 :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for giving us some new info! :thumbup:

I'm not too sure that I like series 3 over all. The Samurai, elf, sumo and gorrila have me excited. But a ferrari driver? A snowboarder? The rest seem kind of average from my point of view. :sceptic:

However I should probably reserve my judgement until some pics leak out. After all, we may get some new face prints... :classic:

Thanks for the info, K-D!

I wanted to ask you about the BARCODE thing, but I assume you can't tell from looking at a catalogue, can you?

I wanted to ask you about the BARCODE thing, but I assume you can't tell from looking at a catalogue, can you?

No, you probably can't. :laugh: Besides, wasn't it already officially announced that beginning with Series 3 there wont be any way to tell the bags apart using the barcode?

Thanks for the info, K-D!

All the news ive heard suggests they will remove the barcodes after the second series :(

Cheers for the info Klaus-Dieter, potential for some good figs!

Thanks for the 'news' KD! My initial impression (without the benefit of pics) on the Series 3 figs is that most of them seem to be remakes or based on previously-released MFs, such as:

-Ferrari driver (red torso) with helmet - remake/based on Ferrari set drivers

-mummy with pan - remake of the previous mummy

-? sumo wrestler/karate guy (yellow torso and pants) with trophy - based on Series 2 karate guy (with the same trophy?) default_sick.gif

-Hawaii girl (green skirt print) with two green rattles - same rattle mode as the Series 2 Mexican

-Native American chief with lance - remake of the previous Indian Chief

-? doctor/surgeon with suitcase and ? - another doctor? Partner of Series 1 Nurse (and other medical staff before them) Sheez...

-snowboarder with snowboard - related to the Series 2 snow guy

But I'm quite interested with these new, never-before-seen MFs:

-alien with space gun

-fisher with hinge and fish - quite OK

-? female dancer

-samurai knight with removeable armor and samurai sword

-baseball player with baseball bat

-elf with bow and big buckler

-? male singer with ? micro and ? recorder

-gorilla with banana

-???

I actually like that a lot of the minifigures seem to maintain thematic continuities with previous ones in the line; it'll help make the figures more useful for actual creations. And I certainly have no problem with more medical personnel; there really haven't been nearly enough (at least, not relative to all the cops and firefighters!).

Regarding the mummy's pan, I'd bet it's meant to be a vessel containing the tana leaves that bring the mummy back to life.

Thanks for the 'news' KD! My initial impression (without the benefit of pics) on the Series 3 figs is that most of them seem to be remakes or based on previously-released MFs, such as:

What do you mean previous mummy?

Series 2's was a Pharaoh :sceptic: .

Love the sounds of Series 3, its going to be as good as S1 and S2 by the sounds of it.

I NEED to get multiples of the Snowboarder (both for my own collection and some to give to people I know who are mad keen snowboarders)

Pitty that they didnt go the route of making a male guitarist but instead chose to make a singer.

Fisherman sounds great (if it comes with any new fishing rod or hat or whatever)

Hawaii Girl, that sounds good (no ukulele is a pity though)

Baseball player, now that sounds good (now if only they would do a cricket player :)

Alien sounds GREAT (regardless of whether it comes with the same gun or a different gun)

Male singer definatly sounds great, as does the Doctor (another fig I will have to get to give to friends)

Gorilla will likely have a molded head (I cant see them doing a molded headpiece like the Studios werewolf)

He meant that it was a remake of the mummy from Adventurers etc.

And yes the Mummy sounds like it will go great with the Series 2 Pharaoh.

Edited by jonwil

does the alien's gun look like the spacemans? and if it does, was the laser peice green and is there any way that you can get another look at the catalogue agian?

Sound good. Too bad I missed series 1. Aw well. I'll purge tru for series 2. Anyway, back on topic. Did you see any new molds on any of the figs. I'm not Talking about accessories. More of a new part to make the sumo wrestler fat or a "hairy" chest for the gorilla.

What do you mean previous mummy?

Series 2's was a Pharaoh default_sceptic.gif .

I was referring to previous mummy MF in an old set (see below), not the Pharoah in Series 2. And these guys below are where most of the Series 3 figs will be based on.

4878054906_85b7ae1f40.jpg

From the brief descriptions at least nine have piqued my interest. About the same as with series two. No doubt I'll resort to E(vil)bay and Bricklink to get the ones I want. Or rather, the parts from them. New hair, hats and accessories attract me more than the whole minifigs.

The minifigures from this series look absolutely amazing! :wub: :wub: :wub:

From your list there seems to be a lot more/better civilians in this series too. Still only 2 female figs but thats better than nothing.

Thank you sooooo much for this update, I can't wait to buy the second series, from series one I learned that these things go fast, and that means buy, buy, BUY!!!!! I'm so excited.

I don't know why an egyptian mummy would have pan but it makes a lot more sense for a mommy to have it. Mummy = Mommy in most places

-Omi

Gorilla will likely have a molded head (I cant see them doing a molded headpiece like the Studios werewolf)

A gorilla is one of my most wanted figs, but I hope they don't go with a molded head. I would much rather they use a normal minifig head with gorilla face printed on (esp. a double-sided face: one a normal face and the other an angry face) and a gorilla hairpiece to top it off. That way you could put a helmet and armor on the fig to make a gorilla warrior, or put the gorilla head on another minifig to make all manner of fun figures (a gorilla astronaut, a gorilla jester, etc.).

Not so sure about the double sided face, but yeah, I too hope that the gorilla has a normal head. Can you verify this for us K-D?

If that's the case, you could combine it with the Mime's hat and make a Monsieur Mallah! :sweet:

Brainmallah.png

Or with the troll helmet, you could make Gorilla Grodd!

Cartoon_grodd.jpg

So many possibilities!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

:sad:

So depressed, Series 3, and we've still haven't received any Series 1 yet at our local TRU, one box downtown, a couple boxes at a specialty shop locally... great for collectors, lousy for kids who just like Lego...

Was easier getting an iPhone.

Well there goes all of your scepticism regarding the info I posted in the Minifigures-discussion-thread. So much for it all being BS and hype and cries for attention.