Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 discussion

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

5139679688_1748a599ef_o.jpg

Hello everybody! :classic:

Sometimes you only have to have much luck. And today I had that much luck since I was allowed to look into the retailer’s catalogue for the first half of 2011.

There even the new City sets were pictured.

I of course thought that you do not want to hear what’s new – but I tell you nevetheless.

Please be aware that I had no chance to take any notes or pics – so there might even be some mistakes.

The minifigures from this series look absolutely amazing! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Minifigure Series 3:

-fisher with hinge and fish

-Ferrari driver (red torso) with helmet

-mummy with pan

-? sumo wrestler/karate guy (yellow torso and pants) with trophy

-? female dancer

-samurai knight with removeable armor and samurai sword

-Hawaii girl (green skirt print) with two green rattles

-baseball player with baseball bat

-elf with bow and big buckler

-Native American chief with lance

-alien with space gun

-? male singer with ? micro and ? recorder

-? doctor/surgeon with suitcase and ?

-gorilla with banana

-snowboarder with snowboard

-???

Sorry for that I don't remember the one remaining minfig.

Let's discuss! :classic:

Btw:

1. Series 3 will already be released in January 2011.

2. There will be a series 4, too, but there were unluckily no pics of it in the retailer's catalogue.

3. Series 4 will be released in April 2011.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Thanks for the scoop K-D. There are certainly some potentially interesting figs. Hoards of people will be excited to hear that TLG is going to release an elf. Can't wait to see what these look like.

Thanks for the news. Some of those minifigures sound interesting. Did you see any other new sets that we don't know about yet?

Thanks for the scoop K-D. There are certainly some potentially interesting figs. Hoards of people will be excited to hear that TLG is going to release an elf. Can't wait to see what these look like.

You're welcome, Rick.

Well, the elf was only a minifig with regular face and very blond hair. But since these are only prelim pics I bet that in the final version it'll get a new head mold.

Thanks for the news. Some of those minifigures sound interesting. Did you see any other new sets that we don't know about yet?

You're welcome, Burman. :classic:

Yes, there are even some more news: topics: 2011 City sets, 2011 Atlantis sets and in the SW topic.

Klaus-Dieter

Wow, some of these sound like total must-haves! An elf, too?! How could you tell it was an elf? Did it have pointy ears? Also, did you mean "mummy" as in the monster or as in mother?

It's obvious many of these figs were created as counterparts to the ones released in the earlier series, like the samurai, the karateka, the Native American chief, the alien, the male singer, the surgeon and the snowboarder. I don't mind, though.

Also, did you mean "mummy" as in the monster or as in mother?

Ah, good thinking. I was wondering what a pan has to do with a mummy. :laugh:

-mummy with pan

Wow, TLG is sure going to make money off me. I must collect them all.

Thanks for the information, Klaus-Dieter!

When you say "mummy with pan", do you mean the ancient Egyptian mummy with a pan (What is pan then?)? Or a mommy with a frying pan? Sorry I don't get your true meaning...

An elf, too?! How could you tell it was an elf? Did it have pointy ears?

The minifigure has light blond hair and a big buckler. It's obviouly no regular archer since it doesn't have a helmet. Plus the buckler doesn't fit.

Like already mentioned, I'm convinced that in its final version it'll have a new head mold with pointy ears. But of course I can be wrong, too.

Also, did you mean "mummy" as in the monster or as in mother?

Mummy as the monster or as you can find it in ancient sepultures. It's enwrapped into white paper and you can see only its eyes.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

It seems the old rumor about the gorilla is right.

I am already excited about the Alien, the rest not so much. Another karate guy? That sounds strange, are you sure it was not a sumo wrestler? (considering he had yellow torso and pants)

Thanks for the info, Klaus-Dieter. Most of these don't sound too exciting for me, but my opinion may change once I actually see them. There are definitely some good ones in there though.

Mummy as the monster or as you can find it in ancient sepultures. It's enwrapped into white paper and you can see only its eyes.

Then what do you mean by "pan"?

Awesome! This looks like a very exciting round! :laugh: I am looking forward to the gorilla :tongue:

Also, I think what you wrote as "karate guy (yellow torso and pants) with trophy" is a sumo wrestler :wink:

I am already excited about the Alien, the rest not so much. Another karate guy? That sounds strange, are you sure it was not a sumo wrestler? (considering he had yellow torso and pants)

That might well be. Since the pictures of the minfigures weren't very big, it is difficult to say. But I'll add your guess to the list, too.

Thanks for the info, Klaus-Dieter.

[...]

Then what do you mean by "pan"?

You're welcome, Oky Wan Kenobi. :classic:

I can't say so - it looked like a pan. But the more I think about it the less sence it makes ...

Klaus-Dieter

K.D!!! :wub:

Thanks for bringing us some of these news to us. I am busy catching up on your latest discovery, but I can't help and noticed this topic first. :blush:

I want to get all of those Minifigs Series 3, and did I see wrong? Are you certain that we are going to get a Samurai, Elf and Hawaii Girl?? If it's true, I am going to be go bonkers for sure. *oh2*

Thankyou Klaus Dieter for all of the 2011 news! (I say NEWS not "RUMOURS" because I trust you and your sources).

I think the "Pan" that the Mummy figure is holding would be an Ankh. It's a suitable object for it to hold, and I'd imagine it could look like a pan, too.

Also KD, if you can remember, did the Space Alien figure have a molded or printed head? I expect it has the same gun as the astronaut from series one.

Anyway, great news and thanks for sharing :thumbup:

William/Rocketbilly

Santa Klaus-Dieter in the middle of August! Thanks for all the infos, both these and the City ones K-D. :thumbup:

Series 3 does sound promising indeed.

Wow Klaus Dieter great news did you see what color the series is as well?

1st Yellow.

2nd Blue

3rd Green?

That might well be. Since the pictures of the minfigures weren't very big, it is difficult to say. But I'll add your guess to the list, too.

You're welcome, Oky Wan Kenobi. :classic:

I can't say so - it looked like a pan. But the more I think about it the less sence it makes ...

Klaus-Dieter

My brother just reminded of this:

bruce_lee_game_death.jpg

K.D!!! :wub:

Thanks for bringing us some of these news to us. I am busy catching up on your latest discovery, but I can't help and noticed this topic first. :blush:

I want to get all of those Minifigs Series 3, and did I see wrong? Are you certain that we are going to get a Samurai, Elf and Hawaii Girl?? If it's true, I am going to be go bonkers for sure. *oh2*

You're welcome, WhiteFang. :classic:

Samrai and Hawaii Girl hundred percently, elf very supposably, too.

Thankyou Klaus Dieter for all of the 2011 news! (I say NEWS not "RUMOURS" because I trust you and your sources).

I think the "Pan" that the Mummy figure is holding would be an Ankh. It's a suitable object for it to hold, and I'd imagine it could look like a pan, too.

Also KD, if you can remember, did the Space Alien figure have a molded or printed head? I expect it has the same gun as the astronaut from series one.

Anyway, great news and thanks for sharing :thumbup:

William/Rocketbilly

You're welcome, Rocketbilly. :classic:

The alien had a mold as head. The minifig and the head looked similar to the one from the alien in 5969. But if I remember right, the alien had green eyes.

Santa Klaus-Dieter in the middle of August! Thanks for all the infos, both these and the City ones K-D. :thumbup:

You're welcome, Zorbas. :classic:

Wow Klaus Dieter great news did you see what color the series is as well?

1st Yellow.

2nd Blue

3rd Green?

If I remember right, Series 3 is green and Series 4 is orange.

Klaus-Dieter

Awesome find! Thanks for posting this Klaus! :sweet:

More than half of those things make me really excited. I like the sound of the fisherman. Perhaps he'll come with a new hat mould? I suspect they'll make a new fishing rod too, so it can fit in the packaging! :grin:

I suppose most of these figures will come with new things like their predecessors. :thumbup:

And another reivival! A Samurai! :wub: That'll go nicely with the Ninja from Series 1!

Wow! Thanks for all the news of 2011 Klaus!

I personally don't like this series.

Can't wait for news on series 4! :sweet:

Is this one of them?

chingdynastyspearman.jpg

Forget it found out its a custom!

Sorry!

Edited by grogall

Not to get off topic, but did you see anything for Castle or any other historical theme?

Steve

Oh, you've got to be kidding...

I haven't even found series 1 yet... this is quite ridiculous.

Here's hoping that it's at least going to have more production. :sceptic: