Superkalle

Brick update August 7th 2010

EB Member SpiderSpaceman report that his LDD updated to the new brick version 114.5 today (previous version was 114.3). Apperantly the graphic errors (Minifig head, Pizza etc) have been fixed, but there may be more.

It seems however that at the moment only US LDD installations has updated. Maybe the update goes into effect at different times across the world to spread the load on the update server?

Hmmm, it didn't update for me in the northwest corner of the USA just now. When I opened LDD, it spent perhaps 1/4 second "loading bricks" , but I still have Version 3.1.3 & Brick Version 114.3. :hmpf: I'll check back tomorrow and try again to get the update.

The minifig head and the pizza are still the same for me, should i try to upload the LDD again???

Captaain Becker

Still no change in the LDD version in the northwestern USA -- Version 3.1.3 & Brick Version 114.3. :look:

Two more days have passed, and still no change. I think that the rumored "Brick Update" is bogus.

Why would they do an update when LDD 4.0 is coming up really soon?

Exactly - I'm beginning to suspect this is a hoax - no one else has received this update.

I'm sorry I took so long to send you the screenshots :sad: didn't know the board was waiting

I really wouldn't call it a brick update even though it has a brick version number... it is really just more of a bug fix I believe. I could see the loading bar stall for a fraction of a second, if I'd blinked I would have missed it - so being curious I started looking around, couldn't find any new bricks... so I gave up, then I just went about my usual fiddling around, put together a minifig, went to decorate the torso, and the jacket was fixed. so I checked the other decal parts that were faulty, and sure enough they were patched up.

is there anyway for me to upload the program so y'all can see?

Edit:

Could it be a Mac only update? I should have thought of that. Is anybody else using the mac version?

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Edit:

Could it be a Mac only update? I should have thought of that. Is anybody else using the mac version?

Might be, because most of us are PC users :sceptic:

Might be, because most of us are PC users :sceptic:

Well, I'm a mac user... ;) no update at the moment, brick version 114.3 for me.

Well, I'm a mac user... ;) no update at the moment, brick version 114.3 for me.

well, I agree that it doesn't make any sense that I'm the only one this updated for, but I'm not trying to pull anybody's leg. :sceptic:

is there anybody else with the Mac-US combo? :tongue:

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Just got a mail from the LDD team. It appaers there was a problem with the updated 114.5 release, so that only a few users got it. Hopefully it will be fixed by next week so that all users will get it. Anyway, thanks SpiderSpaceman - the LDD team in Billund werent aware of it until you "found" it so creds to you!

And sorry for suspecting it was a hoax :blush:

I just got updated too. :classic:

So did I! :) I see some nice new bricks (supports etc.) but am a bit disappointed that there are not more minifig torso prints e.g.

At the second startup of LDD i got 100kb on brick updates and LDD Crashed...

At least the pizza-decoration is correct now

Edited by JunkstyleGio

12V straight rail, more ship hulls, BICYCLE (I was waiting for that!!! It has some issues I think, but better than no bike), hope they put classic hinge plates etc in LDD 4.0, they didn't fix that window problem yet. They put in those classic garage lamella doors!!! So not too bad I guess

EDIT:

JopieK, weren't those in the old version as well? From what I managed to figure out, these are the updates:

6-7 decoration errors fixed

Helmet 3844 fixed

Not so much, in other words.

JopieK, weren't those in the old version as well? Can anyone confirm that there are any new bricks. The size of the db.lif file is almost identical from the previous version.

I don't think there are new bricks. I'm pretty sure that they just fixed the rendering issues on the pizza and minifig face and torsos.

I remember there was the bicycle already!

Finally old footman's helmet has been fixed!

Let's fix all castle set then :tongue:

Baseplates decorations are still wrong, rotated by 180 degrees respect physical pattern.

Can we have an exact list of changes, so that modify our set that uses these bricks?

The only two bricks that has been modified/updated are:

3844 - Helmet

60474 - Plate, Round 4 x 4 with Pin Hole

I hadn't known there was a problem with that helmet. what was wrong with it?