Sign in to follow this  
Sir E Fullner

MOD: The Fat Controller's Engines, Part Three

traintech1.jpg

Hello again and welcome to part three of my MOC Series. Please give a warm welcome to:

lddscreenshot1.png

Henry the Green Engine and,

Gordon the Big Engine

First, we'll get the ball rolling with both of the engine's history.

The Fat Controller ordered Henry supposing that it was a GCR 4-4-2, but what he really got was a cross between an A3 Pacific and a nightmare! He was a poor steamer and a secret plot of the LMS to create another A3. He ran very well on High-calorific Anthracite coal, until 1950, when he had an accident with the Flying Kipper. He was sent to Crewe to be fixed up with a new, larger firebox to help him burn fuel easier. When finished, he looked better, more like the LMS's "Black Five", only green. :laugh:

For more on Henry's history, click here.

As for Gordon, he was supposed to be an experimental prototype for the GNR A1 Pacific, later an A3 Pacific; of which his brother, The Flying Scotsman, is the only other survivor. As being an experimental engine, he never received a number and was taken to the Crovan's Gate works and was fitted with LMS under-parts. Once arriving on Sodor, he stalled on a large hill in the middle of the line, giving it its name, "Gordon's Hill".

For more on Gordon's history, click here.

The MOC's

As you can see in the above image, I used the same basis for the engines. :devil: For Henry, I took the long red baseplate and attached two bogie trailers, one with four wheels, and the other with six wheels and two cylinders. I then took Edward's tender and modified it, giving it a smaller compartment for coal, and turning it NWR green.

For Gordon, I cloned Henry and gave him a different firebox and tender. I decreased the two whistles down to one and made the whole thing blue.

Here's a better look at the tenders.

lddscreenshot5.png

See you next time.

Always entertaining, always inspiring, always: