Sign in to follow this  
501st Commando

HLC Mk.I

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Here is my first playable ship that I'm happy with, the HLC Mk.I. Inspired by Rook's work, and the Action IV cargo transport. I ran into so many problems with this MOC, the cockpit was re-worked about 7 times, due to gaps. I never new how hard it was to add playability to a MOC until now. That being said, enjoy! :classic:

4856564031_78d988eb74.jpg

4856564057_c116dbbfce.jpg

4857208578_9e7bec935b.jpg

Note: The base plate was an extra just to show the playability, I will take on a real dio for this in the future.

Flick set.

Wow that looks like a great MOC. I really like the way the cockpit is designed and i also love the stairs into the cockpit.

i wish TLC's gunship had something like that. Great job! :thumbup:

Edited by AND3RSEN

Great MOC. Loving all the angles on this - especially the cockpit/cockpit interior. Is there a reference pic for what inspired you to build this?

Great MOC. Loving all the angles on this - especially the cockpit/cockpit interior. Is there a reference pic for what inspired you to build this?

Action IV Transport:

ActionIVfarorbit.JPG

Nicely done 501st Commando, your ship does resemble the Action IV Transport and has the 'Rook'-feel to it. I love the gunship-style interior and of course, the overall details. Good job! default_thumbup.gif

Thanks for the pic Brickdoctor! There is definitely a strong resemblence. Again great work on the MOC!

It kindo or reminds me of the stealth ship from Cat and Mouse of the clone wars TV series, I like the amount of detail and effort put into it, but I'm not a fan of the overall look, It's to lender to me, but other then that, it's pretty darn good.

AWESOME transport - fantastic design and great weapons on the front, cool cockpit too. :thumbup:

Excellent work '501st Commando' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Why am I only seeing this now? It has really great angles and the small details are really good. The stairs are a nice touch and that cockpit blows it away.

Great Ship :thumbup:

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Here is my first playable ship that I'm happy with, the HLC Mk.I. Inspired by Rook's work, and the Action IV cargo transport. I ran into so many problems with this MOC, the cockpit was re-worked about 7 times, due to gaps. I never new how hard it was to add playability to a MOC until now. That being said, enjoy! :classic:

4856564031_78d988eb74.jpg

4856564057_c116dbbfce.jpg

4857208578_9e7bec935b.jpg

Note: The base plate was an extra just to show the playability, I will take on a real dio for this in the future.

Flick set.

Fantastic work! :D

It could also work as a Delta DX-9 Stormtrooper Transport as well (or a CW Precursor) :

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper_Transport

Very nicely done either way!

I saw this ship when you posted it, but didn´t have time to answer to it.

It is a very good MOC and very much in my liking.

I like the sleek and snotty design, the way you built the cockpit to be bent like that is very nice.

(See you made a nice hangar for it as well :wink: )