Carefree_Dude

Anyone else have this same problem with their Emerald Night?

traintech1.jpg

I've had my Emerald Night for a week now. I've had a problem with it though; the front buffer doesn't stick at all. the slightest nudge makes it fall off. Is there any way to fix this?

I've had the same problem with my 2!!! Emerald night's, I don't know what the probblem is, it's probably just the friction moving it constantly that it moves it off the studs, but from what I have seen it always falls off. The only way I fix it is by pressing the crap out of it and the plate, doesn't last long until it goes down a 40 piece straight track and makes a sharp 4 piece curve turn. Hope this helped. :classic:

Edited by CarrollFilms

Mine does this and I am putting it up to piece/piece weakness. The buffer cannot 'grip' the piece as much as other. I use mine mainly for display but it is some times annoying.

Hey, I got a bit of a solution! Use some of that clear scotch tape to go all the way around the buffer and the two grey 2x4 bricks. (I bet a bunch of you just cringed)

Same issue with the front buffer/coupling part on the front of the 2010 Cargo Train - falls off every now and then. Doesn't happen with the rear buffer.

I taped it down and now it works great. Tape isn't noticable either.

Maybe it's a bad batch of buffers? I noticed when I pressed the buffer against the plates, it would kind of come up again off the studs.

I use my Emerald Night for races (with 2 XL PF mototrs) and when it hits those turns it loses it's front buffers, but I finally got an idea, glue it down. I got the idea from when one of you guys said "tape" I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier, just glue it on. so yea it works great now.

I use my Emerald Night for races (with 2 XL PF mototrs) and when it hits those turns it loses it's front buffers, but I finally got an idea, glue it down. I got the idea from when one of you guys said "tape" I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier, just glue it on. so yea it works great now.

I used tape, because tape can be removed easily. How did you manage to rig up 2 XL PF motors? I barely have room for one....

Anyways, I think part of the problem is that the front wheelset kinda bobs up and down on turns, pressing the buffer against the tracks and making it loose.

I am having lots of problems with my EN. Not one of the best lego sets. the problem with the front truck is its to light. so it splits the switches. i used a 2x2 brick under the coupler. helps a little. Also, on the front truck. it has rubber tires on it. which it should not. it should slide and not grab. if you take off the front truck and push it thru the switches, its rough and not smooth.

Yes the front coupler falls off all the time. i was thinking about a technic pin and cutting off/sanding the top. have not done it yet.

maybe this:

87083.jpg?1

into this (modified):

57909.gif?0

or this:

4274.jpg?0

Edited by broomhandle

I am having lots of problems with my EN. Not one of the best lego sets. the problem with the front truck is its to light. so it splits the switches.

I haven't had problems with switches, but mine does ride smoother after I removed the red rubber bands on the front driving wheels.

This makes it go more smoothly through curves (it also does not slow down as much in the curves).

There is still plenty of pulling power because there is more weight on the rear driving wheels, which still have the traction rubber bands on them.

This solution might also work for you, because by removing the front red rubber rings, you slightly lower the EN in the front, so you'll have slightly more downward pressure on the front truck. Should help.

Edited by hoeij

I used tape, because tape can be removed easily. How did you manage to rig up 2 XL PF motors? I barely have room for one....

Anyways, I think part of the problem is that the front wheelset kinda bobs up and down on turns, pressing the buffer against the tracks and making it loose.

How did I manage? *cough* modification. I made the thing an 8 wide and made it 6 or 8 studs longer. I bought 2 Emerald nights, and since i have 2 passenger cars 6 wide i decided to make them 8 wide. hope that gave you an idea of how i made it with 2 XL PF's. :classic: