Sign in to follow this  
Joebot

[Comic] Unlikely Society -- Chapter 30

Hey everyone,

Even after 29 chapters of this stuff, I still get excited when it's time to post a new chapter. This one spans centuries, as we see the origin of Mr. Fister's giant, magical fist. Oh, and let's not forget that the team is about to throw down with an ancient necromancer and his army of the undead. And, as if that wasn't enough, we get to see the team's newest member, The Turtler, in action!

chap30teaser.jpg

Impressive, huh? Yeah, you just know that when The Turtler plays the boardgame Risk, he has to be Australia.

Please let me know what you think!

Nice one, even if it feels a bit short.

I never guessed the fist is THAT old.

My turn up at bat! I don't really love this episode, sorry. I felt like things went on too quickly, and things were too rushed. Considering how minor of a villian the necromancer is, he (and albeit, Fister a little) don't really NEED a whole backstory. Basically we know what we already knew at the beginning of the comic, Fister found a magic fist. Why does it matter that two troll like cirtters hid it?

Also, this one was just too fast for me. Though nothing that really furthered the story happened, a lot did happen. A random wizard was introduced, then disappeared, Fister found the fist, which we already knew happened, the Turtler relieved his power and was killed, the Supriors showed up, and then the necromancer summoned a special zomie with the other fist. I really hope that we don't get a backstory as to how it got the fist, since that seems like more time wasted on a bbackstory for something we don't need to know.

All that being said, the episode still had it's moments. I liked everything that the brothers said, and their names were fun too. I really liked seeing the Supriors with their numbers wittled down, last them they appeared with out our hammered friend, and this time witout Mr. T. So, yes, still a good read, but one of my least favorite episodes in a long time.

As always, keep it up. A only decent episode, opposed to your general awesome, doesn't change my love for the comic! Great stuff my friend!

Hey, Zepher, thanks for the feedback! I always appreciate your comments.

It's funny that you and zer1312 both commented that the issue felt "short." At 10 pages long, it's actually the longest issue I've published! There's not a lot of dialogue though, so the 10 pages go by pretty fast.

Overall, this story arc was intended as a fun one-off, without a lot of connection to the ongoing, larger story. I understand your frustrations in that regard. I used to be a big fan of "Lost," and I would get bored and frustrated with the episodes that felt like they were spinning their wheels. Move the story along!!

I just finished writing the next story arc. It's going to be a big one! Seven issues long, with major revelations, and some shake-ups on the team's roster!!