Boba Fett Vs Boba Fett

Which do you prefer?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your Boba Fett.

• 2000 Boba (7144, 6209 Slave 1)
    • 2003 Boba (10123 Cloud City)
    • 2010 Boba (8097 Slave 1)

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

In 2000, when Lego were just getting in to the Star Wars swing of things, they released the first Lego Boba Fett minifigure with 3341 and 7144. This made a lot of Star Wars Lego fans very happy. But lets be honest, he was a fairly standard minifig.

Then in 2003 Lego released 10123 that had a range of new figures to get excited about. For me it was the first Lego Lando, but for the rest of the planet it seems that it was the redesigned Boba Fett, complete with arm and leg markings.

Since then, most any Star Wars Lego site and fan has held the new Boba in high regard, and the minifigure seems to be worth a small fortune to those willing to part with the cash. At least it's been that way for almost seven years.

But now there is this new Boba Fett minifigure, and I'm just wondering how much impact this new Boba has had on the value and collectability of the 2003 Boba.

For me, the older minifigure still has it. Ok, so his colour is wrong (bright green), but he has plenty of detail, and he has a black head sitting under the helmet. All plus points to me.

The new Boba is still the wrong colour (sand green is not dark green), his arms and legs don't match his torso any more, and he has a cartoon face :sick: The plus points being the helmet is of the right shape and has some good markings, and... Well that's it. The separate jetpack/helmet thing is neither here nor there, even though fans really wanted this feature.

So over to you. Who do you prefer? Is the 2003 Boba still the better minifigure, or has he lost his crown to the new 2010 iteration?

And just to add something to else to the mix - Jango Fett has been another popular minifigure, who has only been released once and is now 8 years old. Who wants a re-release, and do you want him in his original style or in the new one?

I'd like to add a poll to this, but can't find how to do it. Shame. EDIT: Thanks to KIMT for adding the poll :thumbup:

Edited by KimT

Which options do you want added to the poll?

Which options do you want added to the poll?

Hi KimT.

I'm not entirely sure, but something along the lines of "which Fett is Best?" or "which Fett do you see as the most collectable?"

with options like:

2000 Boba (7144, 6209 Slave 1)

2003 Boba (10123 Cloud City)

2010 Boba (8097 Slave 1)

I'm not sure if a Jango Fett option is worth adding.

This forum could use a thanks button to show appreciation :thumbup:

Many thanks.

All 3 options have been added to the poll.

Now let's get this voting going - I'll start.

Easy pickin' 10123 Cloud City Boba Fett all the way :wub:

Cloud City Boba for me too, for reasons I've already mentioned. He's among one of my more treasured minifigures.

Cloud City Boba for me too, for reasons I've already mentioned. He's among one of my more treasured minifigures.

Agreed.

And it's kinda odd that he's only a tad more expensive than the White Boba Fett promotional, which is brand new and released in large numbers compared to the Chrome C3P0 :laugh:

2010 - I love the new figure. Has anyone combined the new one with the printed arms and legs of the Cloud City fig? Perhaps someone that has both figs can take a picture of the two combined (printed arms and legs with the 2010 helmet, torso, cape and jetpack)?

2010 - I love the new figure. Has anyone combined the new one with the printed arms and legs of the Cloud City fig? Perhaps someone that has both figs can take a picture of the two combined (printed arms and legs with the 2010 helmet, torso, cape and jetpack)?

Not mine, but:

4825465972_af9d447946.jpg

I voted for the Cloud city one, it has just the right amount of detail and is wonderfully abstract. Plus it's how he is depicted in the LSW video games, my first introduction to Boba Fett. The new one has too much detail, although I like the cape and the separate helmet/jetpack.'

Not mine, but:

If the old bucket was the same green as the chest plates, this could be the perfect Lego Boba.

Not mine, but:

LOL- I was just thinking that what we needed. I chose the new Slave 1- I prefer the detachable jetpack, and the new helmet and torso. But yeah, if the new one had the prints, it would be absolutly perfect.

I voted for the Cloud City Boba for his detail, but I'll be getting the new Slave 1 version when I get the layby off at Target. :blush:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

voted cloud boba. will buy him and lando from bricklink, the rest of 10123 is not so great.

About the price of cloud boba and the white one; i assume cloud city as a set is sold more times then 20000 ( the amount of white boba fetts) world wide, so my estimation is that the white boba fett will eventually be higher in price then the cloud boba ( you can see this development in price on bricklink)

All Boba Fett versions are good, but the latest one is the clearly the runaway winner in terms of details and accuracy. So the 2010 BF gets my vote.

I have just assembled my 8097 Slave I yesterday and I immediately fell in love with the new Boba Fett! He's absolutely awesome and looks more accurate than the previous incarnations of Mr Fett. Because he really looks dangerous and fearsome for the first time. The previous ones look rather 'nice' in comparison to it. The new Boba is a real bounty hunter.

Although I do have to admit that the Cloud City Boba Fett is sweet too. And I don't own the Cloud City one, just the new one and the regular old ones.

funkybrick

2010 Slave I Boba Fett totally wins, but every Boba Fett minifigure is win :wink:

I agree with these later posters - I think the new Boba is gorgeous. One thing I will say, though, is that the new one is so detailed and perfect that it almost takes away from his "Legoness". The old Bobas have the Lego look to them, and I like that.

As for Jango... well, he's clearly not quite the popular character that Boba is, and so I don't know that TLG should re-release him. However, I have to admit I'm biased as I have the old Jango and a new release could potentially de-value mine :tongue: . But perhaps not a Jango in the style of the new Boba. That would be kinda cool to see!

For me the newest fett is starting to look more like an action figure than a Lego minifigure. They are straying too far from their style.

For me the newest fett is starting to look more like an action figure than a Lego minifigure. They are straying too far from their style.

Couldn't have said it better.

While the Cloud City Boba was pretty sweet with its arm and lg printing, I never really liked the old helmet. The color wasn't accurate, and you couldn't turn it. They did a great job with that on the new one. The cape thing is a nice addition too. And of course the blaster of the new one is much better than that big old camera thing. For me, the ultimate Boba would be the new one with the arms and legs of the Cloud City one.

Unfortunately I will never own either of them unless they release the new one in a cheaper set. :sadnew:

While the Cloud City Boba was pretty sweet with its arm and lg printing, I never really liked the old helmet. The color wasn't accurate, and you couldn't turn it. They did a great job with that on the new one. The cape thing is a nice addition too. And of course the blaster of the new one is much better than that big old camera thing. For me, the ultimate Boba would be the new one with the arms and legs of the Cloud City one.

Unfortunately I will never own either of them unless they release the new one in a cheaper set. :sadnew:

I thought the exact same thing. I like best of both worlds to, but I'll get the new slave 1. :sweet:

I'd have to go with the new 2010 version. I never liked the bright green and the bland printing on the old Boba, and I disagree with the statements about the new Boba looking to action figure-y. The helmet isn't much different than any other SW helmets we've gotten so far (some of which date back to '99) as far as simplicity goes. Unlike some of the other new SW minifigs we've been seeing (see all of the new GG Starship figs)...

So yes, a beautiful figure that will be mine once I can get for cheap in a magnet set. default_tong.gif