Sign in to follow this  
Josh

National Lego Comp entry (Australia)

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hey gang.

Been a while.

Thought I would share our entry for the national lego comp going on here in Australia! It is being run by Toyworld.

Outpost outside:

th_130.jpg

th_145.jpg

th_144.jpg

th_143.jpg

th_131.jpg

th_085-2.jpg

th_086-2.jpg

th_087-2.jpg

Backdoor

th_127.jpg

Speeder bike maintenance area

th_142.jpg

th_107-1.jpg

Main fuel tank

th_124-1.jpg

Supplies etc

th_138.jpg

th_106-1.jpg

Mech deck

th_137.jpg

th_110-1.jpg

Turbo Lasers

th_102-2.jpg

th_103-2.jpg

th_112-1.jpg

Flight deck with Prototype Gunship

th_146.jpg

th_155.jpg

th_153.jpg

th_104.jpg

th_105-1.jpg

Shield Generator

th_119-1.jpg

th_140.jpg

th_122-1.jpg

Yeah um one of those

th_139.jpg

Mechs

th_125.jpg

th_126.jpg

th_136.jpg

th_108-1.jpg

th_135.jpg

Doors to gundeck

th_134.jpg

th_133.jpg

Inside Outpost:

Elevator shaft

th_114-1.jpg

Med-bay/control tower

th_100-2.jpg

Gundeck

th_115.jpg

th_096-2.jpg

th_095.jpg

th_093-1.jpg

th_092-2.jpg

th_088-2.jpg

Armory

th_097-2.jpg

th_094-1.jpg

th_089-2.jpg

th_091.jpg

Operations/Dentention block

th_151.jpg

th_150.jpg

th_152.jpg

th_080-2.jpg

th_081-2.jpg

th_082-1.jpg

th_084-2.jpg

th_083-2.jpg

Edited by KimT

That's one massive great-looking entry you got there Josh. I assume this is Star Wars-related right? What's the story behind this one? We'd love to know more (and see more detailed shots).

Why i feel my self so small suddenly? Thats HUGE entry, but be extra careful now.. if that breaks you have a big job to do it again or clean the mess. Great job mate, my jaw is on the ground

Captain Becker

What a great looking entry Josh! It looks really detailed in the on pic you posted. But like KielDaMan wrote, closer more detailed pics and more of a background story would be much appreciated. Hope you do well in the contest!

OMG, that is fantastic!!

I can't wait to see more pics, ooooooh, the details are getting to me. This looks amazing!

OMG, that is fantastic!!

I can't wait to see more pics, ooooooh, the details are getting to me. This looks amazing!

Thanks a lot guys for the awesome comments :)

Like I said I will get a load of new pics up on Monday of the whole thing + the interior ;) (GF: operations/prison cells,1F: armoury,2F: gundeck,3F: control tower/medbay)

You can also take the gun off the top and pull the elevator that is inside up and down between all the floors :) And lots of things open up and reveal things for playability etc. Again! I will show you all that on Monday when I have some more time!

What a great looking entry Josh! It looks really detailed in the on pic you posted. But like KielDaMan wrote, closer more detailed pics and more of a background story would be much appreciated. Hope you do well in the contest!

Thanks mate :)

No story really! The color was the the big thing when deciding what I could build for my entry. I decided to make something using the colors I had the most of...it was either make a Star Wars one or a Castle/Pirates setup! Maybe will do something like that next year.

In terms of the conditions of entry! You could build whatever you wanted I think. I am really looking forward to seeing what the other AFOL have come up with :)

Edit : If you mean by story... What is the base meant to be? I am calling it a Clone Trooper Special Op's outpost :)

Edited by Josh

Those are some great details, and now i can tell how its Star Wars with all the minifigs.

Great job :thumbup:

Those are some great details, and now i can tell how its Star Wars with all the minifigs.

Great job :thumbup:

Well Josh I for one am glad you made a Star Wars entry for the contest. & thanks for adding more pics. I can't wait to see some interior & playability pics when posted! Like I said before good luck in the contest I hope you do well!

Great to see the additional photos, now we could all marvel at the amazing details of this massice MOC. I really hope you do well in the contest, considering all the hardwork you've put in this creation. Best of luck!

Amazing scene. A lot of detail and a lot of little MOCs within the MOC, which makes it all the better. I can't wait to see more of the two exo-force-style walkers you've built. Best of luck in the competition.

Updated my first post with Pics of the entire setup :classic:

Thanks for looking!

Is there any reason why I am not gettting much critique here? Something wrong with the pics? I was really hoping for a bit more of peoples opinions on it, GOOD or BAD!

This is the first really big thing I have made out of LEGO for ages...I think the last MOC was the Brothel for the CCB a while back so it was good to get the bricks out again.

Anyway if you think it is CRAP please let me know and what you think could be changed etc.

Talk to me peoples :grin:

Looks good, Josh! I'd really love to know the in-universe backstory behind this- what planet it's on, why it was built, why it has a bunch of non-canon 'prototypes'....

I'd assume it's like a prototype testing center?