Sign in to follow this  
Skafte

[MOC] Sandcrawler scene

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Well, well. I didn't read the rules for the Epic Scene contest properly. I figured that the deadline was at midnight, but it was at 9PM. I noticed this when I sat down at a quarter past ten to post my entries... Anyway, here is my try at a small vignette:

4844200371_67d5b75f08.jpg

It depicts the scene in A New Hope where Luke and Uncle Owen buys droids from the Jawas.

More pics at Flickr

Since the MOC is torn apart, it's not much use in giving suggestions for improvement, but I wanted to post it anyway... I also have a Large entry to show, with a truly epic scene (not depicted in any of the legal entries). Pics will come to a website near you soonish.

I like it, the treads are really nice and the affect on the droid is nice.

good job! :thumbup:

EXCELLENT creation there 'Skafte' :thumbup: - now it was a bad motorvator in that droid wasn't it ?

Great scene choice and cool tracks of the crawler too !

Nicely done 'Skafte' and keepon bricking ! :sweet:

Very nicely done! The droid is great and the Sandcrawler is very good. I almost went with this scene for the main scene in my entry, but in the end I thought the Medal Ceremony worked better with the crowd.

I'm anxious to see your large entry!

Jason

I like how you did the small portion of the sandcrawler, making it look like it was cropped out from the sandcrawler. The exploding effect of the red droid is pretty clever too. Overall, nicely done for a small vig. default_thumbup.gif

Great work Skafte! You've captured the scene nicely, and it only took me a couple of seconds of going "Huh??" and looking at the flower pieces to work out that the droid was exploding (no, seriously, that's good work) :thumbup:.

"Uncle Owen!"

"Yeah?"

"This 'Artoo' unit's got a bad motivator, look!"

Nice chrome 3PO and clever job on the treads.

THAT. IS. STUNNING.

Seriously, that is GOOD. If you had gotten it up in time, it would've definatly gotten my vote.

Too bad you missed the deadline, this is great, the cutoff wheel is brilliant, and the overacting Brr unit is perfect.

This is a great little vig. One of the first of many epic scenes in the original trilogy IMO. The Sandcrawler wheel is really cool and I like the frazzled R2 unit. Too bad you missed the contest deadline, I think that you would have done well!