Odyssey

New bricks and removed bricks in LDD 4

I hope this hasn't been answered before anywhere but I didn't find it yet and I believe this might be interesting for others as well...

I was wondering if there is already any information available which bricks are slated to be removed and which to be added in LDD 4.0. I'm asking because I'm working on a MOC project (my Railjet highspeed train) where I can't order all parts at once but am ordering them in several packages (specifically, one train car per order).

Now as it'll take me a few more months to finish this project, I was wondering if there's any way to find out in advance what changes to the brick palette will be made to make sure my model will still be buyable after the update.

I hope this hasn't been answered before anywhere but I didn't find it yet and I believe this might be interesting for others as well...

I was wondering if there is already any information available which bricks are slated to be removed and which to be added in LDD 4.0. I'm asking because I'm working on a MOC project (my Railjet highspeed train) where I can't order all parts at once but am ordering them in several packages (specifically, one train car per order).

Now as it'll take me a few more months to finish this project, I was wondering if there's any way to find out in advance what changes to the brick palette will be made to make sure my model will still be buyable after the update.

As far as I've been told, there are no plans to remove any bricks in 4.0, but I'll investigate.

For your specific model, if there are any parts you think are rare/borderline cases, you can post a list of themhere, and I can try to check it up.

As far as I've been told, there are no plans to remove any bricks in 4.0, but I'll investigate.

For your specific model, if there are any parts you think are rare/borderline cases, you can post a list of themhere, and I can try to check it up.

Thanks for the super-quick answer and your help, Superkalle! Considering it's a train, I'm mainly worried about the 6x28 dark grey train baseplate and other train parts (buffers and the "bearing element"=normal train wheel sets). Also, I'm using some dark red parts and was under the impression some of them were removed in April so I'm wondering if they'll stay.

Thanks for the super-quick answer and your help, Superkalle! Considering it's a train, I'm mainly worried about the 6x28 dark grey train baseplate and other train parts (buffers and the "bearing element"=normal train wheel sets). Also, I'm using some dark red parts and was under the impression some of them were removed in April so I'm wondering if they'll stay.

Aha, I think I start to understand. You are not referering to LU-mode parts, but to DbM-parts, right? In that case the general rule is that LEGO updates/changes their DbM/PickABrick palette once a year, in early April, so there shouldn't be any risk that these parts will be removed in the septebmer release of LDD 4. but I can't guarantee it off course.

Yes, I was talking about dbm mode as I'm ordering the carriages over that. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks a lot for your help on that matter!