KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

The UCS SSD looks very good from the picture we have gotten, thanks!

I never appreciated the UCS SD, that was until I saw it in person on display in a shop last week, it was huge and very impressive, and I was shocked at how big it actually was, (as was the UCS DS II). I will be interested to see this one completed and has given me a new appreciation for these sets.

As mentioned the inclusion of figs is questionable but I like it, bonus figs, IG-88 appears to be redone in the new Pearl Black color first used in Kingdoms, and it looks really good. Not sure if Dengar and the Imp. Officer are new though? Vader and Bossk are blah, I wanted my Slave 1 set I forked out a pretty penny for to stay w/those exclusive figs for a long time. Sure this is a large and most likely high priced set but still. This leaves me to wonder, besides Echo Base, what other SW sets are left for this year?

Edited by Macoco

The officer is probably either Admiral Ozzel or Captain->Admiral Piett, my money's on the latter due to Ozzel's short life on-screen. Doubt it's Tarkin, he Bit The Big One before Executor's keel was ever even laid.

Going by the bridge towers, that ISD looks fairly close to scale--I'm not a total Saxtonite, but direct measurements off the studio models and proportional analysis don't lie; it should be somewhere between 1/11 and 1/13 of Executor's OAL.

I just hope they'll have all the parts in LDD to order up four more mini ISD's and complete the squadron...

Edited by Diamondback

Going by the bridge towers, that ISD looks fairly close to scale--I'm not a total Saxtonite, but direct measurements off the studio models and proportional analysis don't lie; it should be somewhere between 1/11 and 1/13 of Executor's OAL.

Yes, the 1/11 length has already been pointed out, as well as the fact that the bridge towers on the two are exactly the same. The intended length of the Executor studio model was about 17.6km, which is roughly eleven times the intended length of the Imperial (about 1.6km).

The officer is probably either Admiral Ozzel or Captain->Admiral Piett, my money's on the latter due to Ozzel's short life on-screen. Doubt it's Tarkin, he Bit The Big One before Executor's keel was ever even laid.

I'm not sure if this picture is too small to really tell, but to me it looks like the Imp Officer lacks Ozzel's mustache. I'm still definitely thinking Piett.

I meant I hope this fig if it is Piett, looks more like him than the Tarkin and Vires figs looked like them.

BTW Tarkin Lives. :devil:

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here. I'm pretty sure it's going to be just a regular imperial officer.

I don't know why everyone thinks he's supposed to be named.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here. I'm pretty sure it's going to be just a regular imperial officer.

I doubt TLG would pass up the profitable chance to market a new fig. It's not like a Piett fig would cost any money...if they made a Veers fig then anythings possible.

I meant I hope this fig if it is Piett, looks more like him than the Tarkin and Vires figs looked like them.

Plus Tarkin doesn't wear a cap and Veers has a helmet.

Plus Tarkin doesn't wear a cap and Veers has a helmet.

And the biggie that Tarkin was dead by this point, and Vieers fig would be more use in a AT-AT.

Oh and BTW: Veers also wore the standard uniform on the Executor, but Lego wouldn't give us such an obscure link..... would they :wink:.

And the biggie that Tarkin was dead by this point, and Vieers fig would be more use in a AT-AT.

Oh and BTW: Veers also wore the standard uniform on the Executor, but Lego wouldn't give us such an obscure link..... would they :wink:.

It will be Piett, Ozzel, or a generic figure. No chance of Tarkin or Veers, they were only brought up to prove that TLG puts non-generic Imperial Officers in sets.

Sigh I was the one who brot them brought up in the first place just to say I hope Piett or Ozzle or however it is looks like the character, as both the Tarkin and Veers figs don't look like their respective characters, I didn't think they would be included in this set, it will be Piett or General Generic (or Ozzle).

I too feel it will be Piett, because Ozzel is already DEAD remember he brought the fleet out of hyperspeed too close to Hoth.....Piett got an instant promotion with Ozzel laying at his feet ! :devil:

Still I'm scratching my head why Fett isn't included....then I thought might there be a follow up set having Fett in it. :wink:

Only one shot still eh ? Think about this could there be a mini of the MF attached to the back of the ship like in the movie ? :wink:

Keep on waiting ! :grin:

Think about this could there be a mini of the MF attached to the back of the ship like in the movie ? :wink:

If there was, it would probably be to scale, meaning it would be a single round stud… or too small to realize in LEGO. So, that sounds like a pretty unlikely thought.

And as to a "follow up" set with Fett in it, there is unlikely to be another UCS set too soon, and I can't think of one that would be a "follow up" to the Executor. If you just mean another set with Fett in it in the near future, that isn't too unlikely if a Cloud City set truly comes around.

I too feel it will be Piett, because Ozzel is already DEAD remember he brought the fleet out of hyperspeed too close to Hoth.....Piett got an instant promotion with Ozzel laying at his feet ! :devil:

Still I'm scratching my head why Fett isn't included....then I thought might there be a follow up set having Fett in it. :wink:

Only one shot still eh ? Think about this could there be a mini of the MF attached to the back of the ship like in the movie ? :wink:

Keep on waiting ! :grin:

The only difference between a regular officer and Ozzel would be the face, so it wont be really special.

I think they didn't include Boba, because it would effect the sale of the Slave 1.

I really doubt a mini-model of the mf will be included, (didnt she attach on the back of a regular SD?).

Maybe be your right 'Clone O'Patra' about the MF.

imageuploadimagel.jpg

(sorry, MOD's for the wide picture)

Now that doesn't look like the Falcon was attached to Vader's ship, in fact it wasn't....it was on Captain Needa's star destroyer which I can assume is that smaller ship along side Vader's ship and yes, a single stud might do as the Falcon ! :laugh:

space13.jpg

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa"

Edited by lightningtiger

Maybe be your right 'Clone O'Patra' about the MF.

Now that doesn't look like the Falcon was attached to Vader's ship, in fact it wasn't....it was on Captain Needa's star destroyer which I can assume is that smaller ship along side Vader's ship and yes, a single stud might do as the Falcon ! :laugh:

I believe the Falcon hid on the back of The Avenger.

Still I'm scratching my head why Fett isn't included...

Because they still have a Slave I to try and sell.

Edited by StoutFiles

Well actually based on that one picture if you hadn't seen the movie you wouldn't have known where the Falcon was, since ISDs and SSDs have the same bridge towers, but yes, it is the Avenger the Falcon is on.

Anyways, geek facts aside, I agree that an appearance by Boba might affect AFOL purchases of the Slave I, but then again, Bossk was also previously exclusive to that set, and I'd think he'd be more popular among AFOLs than Boba anyways, given that that was his first appearance anywhere.

I believe the Falcon hid on the back of The Avenger.

The Avenger is Needa's ship. :wink:

Because they still have a Slave I to try and sell.

And the same could be said for Cad Bane and Harry Potter....among other characters from different themes. :wink:

I doubt we will get any more figs with the SSD, the pic looked pretty finished to me.

Like already mentioned, the regular Imp. Officer (with the three red and blue signs) has (at least as a minifigure) a grey belt.

And it's absolutely unlikely that a grand moff comes with the SSD.

So it's very likely that TLG finally designed a new type of officer that isn't a grand moff and even not a regular officer.

And as to a "follow up" set with Fett in it, there is unlikely to be another UCS set too soon, and I can't think of one that would be a "follow up" to the Executor. If you just mean another set with Fett in it in the near future, that isn't too unlikely if a Cloud City set truly comes around.

I completely agree with you, Clone O'Patra!

But if the rumor of Jabba's Palace is right, I can't imagine TLG releasing a CC already this year. Nevertheless next year would be a very likely point in time.

Again about the Hoth Echo Base:

Since Han and C-3PO are already included in last year's AT-AT, it's very unlikely that we'll get them in the HEB, too.

I bet that the HEB will be in size and price very similar to last year's AT-AT and will include Pilot Luke, Pilot Dack Ralter, two Snowtroopers, two Hoth Rebel Troopers, Medical Droid and Major Bren Darlin, a Snowspeeder, the ion canon, a big gate, the control center and the medical room. What do you think?

About the rumored Jabba's Palace:

How detailed it'll be and how many minifigs there'll be included will absolutely depend on its size and price. But I think it won't be less than 150 Euros and not more than 270 Euros.

For minifigs I at least await Jabba, Gamourrean Guard, Jedi Knight Luke, bounty hunter Leia, Han, Han in carbonite, Bib Fortuna and Boba. But some more minifigs would be necessary: Slave Leia, Goink Droid, "Torture Droid", two band members, other guard, bounty hunter Lando, C-3PO, R2-D2 and that small animal that sits in front of Jabba. What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

The new description of the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia confirms that the exclusive figure is Han Solo with medal from Yavin IV.

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/showthread.php?p=512601#post512601

Very dissapointing in my opinion. At least it lets one hope the encyclopedia next year for starships and vehicles comes with medal-wearing Chewbacca, even though he had none in the movie, he sure deserved it.

The new description of the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia confirms that the exclusive figure is Han Solo with medal from Yavin IV.

Very dissapointing in my opinion. At least it lets one hope the encyclopedia next year for starships and vehicles comes with medal-wearing Chewbacca, even though he had none in the movie, he sure deserved it.

That sounds good to me, maybe they should do a Chewy too, even though he didn't get one.

Or a re-release of the chrome C-3PO next :devil:

They're doing another book? Ah well now we can recreate the medal ceremony!

Again about the Hoth Echo Base:

Since Han and C-3PO are already included in last year's AT-AT, it's very unlikely that we'll get them in the HEB, too.

I bet that the HEB will be in size and price very similar to last year's AT-AT and will include Pilot Luke, Pilot Dack Ralter, two Snowtroopers, two Hoth Rebel Troopers, Medical Droid and Major Bren Darlin, a Snowspeeder, the ion canon, a big gate, the control center and the medical room. What do you think?

I think some people will be mad if Han and Threepio are not in that set, but I'll go for it, given that I have multiples of both. If it brings the price down, I'll be happy.

:sweet: I was right! I think Ceremony Han was one of our earliest guesses on this forum. I for one am not at all surprised.

And about Chewie, he did receive a medal, it's just not shown in the movie because Leia couldn't reach to put the medal around his neck. He supposedly got one after the ceremony.

And about Chewie, he did receive a medal, it's just not shown in the movie because Leia couldn't reach to put the medal around his neck. He supposedly got one after the ceremony.

Along with some other's one of the changes GL makes to the OT should be giving Chewie a medal, it was slightly unfair.