KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Savage in CW= AWESOME

savage in Lego= weird blocky thing that looks ugly. I wonder if Lego will ever create a variant on the standard minifig body or head to avoid such fails on people with longer/thinner faces (i.e. Ahsoka, Dooku) and/or a slimmer body.

Apart from that, looking good and bring on toyfair!

I was thinking that they should have done black Woody legs. That could work especially because of how big Savage is compared to any other person...

Ugh! Just noticed: on the facebook picture (left) you can see under the LEGO sign that the shoulder pads are printed on the torso. It looks like I won't be looking forward to unlocking Savave in Lego Star Wars III. But they'd probably fix him if they make LEGO Star Wars IV: The Clone Wars Continue.

Edited by SavageBane

In this picture of the podracers, you can see a trans clear piece holding the two pods together, along with the trans neon orange pieces. What could they be?

Maybe they could be the light-up trans hoses used in the early Exo-Force sets.

Is it just me, or does Anakin's helmet in the pod race set look like a new dark grey rebel ilot helmet with some red printing?

[*]Dathomir: No idea, not big on EU.

This set is actually from the recent CW episodes, not EU. :classic:

But I think the general consensus is that it looks horrible and is only really saved by the minifigs. Personally, I'll only be interested if Anakin and Ventress have their new costumes.

Is it just me, or does Anakin's helmet in the pod race set look like a new dark grey rebel ilot helmet with some red printing?

It does seem as though Ani's helmet is a rebel pilot variant. These are pictures gathered from Wookiepedia for the purpose of comparison.

Rebel Pilot

Anakin

Oops... the link doesn't work too well, but they do look similar. :sceptic:

Edited by Lloyd the Master

It does seem as though Ani's helmet is a rebel pilot variant. These are pictures gathered from Wookiepedia for the purpose of comparison.

Rebel Pilot

Anakin

Oops... the link doesn't work too well, but they do look similar. :sceptic:

You stuck a double http:// into your links. The ones in the quote work.

I personally don't really care. But if they use a reprinted Rebel helmet, they'll have to print the visor onto the face like they did for the T-16.

You stuck a double http:// into your links. The ones in the quote work.

I'll remember that next time...

I personally don't really care. But if they use a reprinted Rebel helmet, they'll have to print the visor onto the face like they did for the T-16.

A reversable/ two-sided head could come into affect here, a good idea at least.

This set is actually from the recent CW episodes, not EU. :classic:

But I think the general consensus is that it looks horrible and is only really saved by the minifigs. Personally, I'll only be interested if Anakin and Ventress have their new costumes.

Well to me at least, EU encompasses everything outside the scope of the live-action films. Of course, there's various levels of legitimacy here, but you get my drift.

Just not big on non-movie stuff.

Well, yes. I have noticed that a while ago, but no one replyed.

Does Anakin in podrace set has printed orange visor or something like that on his face?

I still like most of these sets.

SI has some great pieces.

Im excited for Echo Base, I just hope its not a replica of 7666 (Which I own)

If it is similar, hopefully it will look a lot better :tongue:

Of all days one of my favorite bands has to pick yesterday for there concert...

So I quickly skimmed the topic, and read what I assumed to be reaction of new pics. I couldn't see them anywhere though?

Of all days one of my favorite bands has to pick yesterday for there concert...

So I quickly skimmed the topic, and read what I assumed to be reaction of new pics. I couldn't see them anywhere though?

Nah, we just noticed a couple things in the old pics and were discussing the article on Brickset after the recent Toy Fair. (not the NY one)

I was following the discussion on the exclusive fig in the book and noticed someone quoted a statement about the fig never being in anything Star Wars ever and got to thinking, what if it is the pink astromech R2 KT I think it was called. I can't quite recall where I saw the fig but it was named after a sick girl I think??? If I am correct it would be an incredible tribute to said sick person.

I was following the discussion on the exclusive fig in the book and noticed someone quoted a statement about the fig never being in anything Star Wars ever and got to thinking, what if it is the pink astromech R2 KT I think it was called. I can't quite recall where I saw the fig but it was named after a sick girl I think??? If I am correct it would be an incredible tribute to said sick person.

But wasn't it reported (a couple pages back) that the minifig is not new, but in new clothes? I guess R2-KT could count as R2-D2 in pink clothes. Personally I'd love it.

Didn't read that as this can be a difficult thread to follow at times, Brickdoctor. I was thinking out of the box as to what the fig might be and she popped in my head. R2 in pink clothes, huh? :laugh: Yeah I guess that would count.

Hi Smack,

R2-KT has an internet site dedicated entirely to her, which you can see right here, and which gives all the information about R2-KT. The R2-KT droid was indeed a tribute to Katie Johnson, the daughter of the founder of the 501st Legion, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor and sadly passed away on August 9, 2005.

If a version of R2-KT would be the exclusive figure in either the advent calendar or the book, I would be absolutely delighted! And it would again be a most worthy tribute to Katie Johnson... And considering the 'clues' given, it would make quite a bit of sense too.

Edited by Alldarker

Hi Smack,

R2-KT has an internet site dedicated entirely to her, which you can see right here, and which gives all the information about R2-KT. The R2-KT droid was indeed a tribute to Katie Johnson, the daughter of the founder of the 501st Legion, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor and sadly passed away on August 9, 2005.

If a version of R2-KT would be the exclusive figure in either the advent calendar or the book, I would be absolutely delighted! And it would again be a most worthy tribute to Katie Johnson... And considering the 'clues' given, it would make quite a bit of sense too.

R2-KT appeared in The Clone Wars; therefore, it would not be a candidate for the new minifig according to the reviewers guidelines of not appearing in any SW movies. It would also not be a new minifig anyways as the minifig DOES exist, albeit in extremely limited numbers.

How about Kyle Katarn?

according to Huw there are NO new characters in the advent calendar, "but one of them is in new clothes, and it's not a queen Amidala".

I have to agree, based on the clues it would make sence to be a TFU charecter. But didn't Huw also say the fig wasn't in any books?

I have to agree, based on the clues it would make sence to be a TFU charecter. But didn't Huw also say the fig wasn't in any books?

Yeah. I guess that brings us back to Santa.

Yeah. I guess that brings us back to Santa.

Personally, I really hope it is not a character in a Santa suit. Thats just LEGO being lazy and un-creative (that probably is not a word). Perhaps a Republic Commando fig. Wait, they were in the CW. Well, I think a Republic Commando Battle Pack would be sweet.