KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Thanks for the pictures NT Fenson.

Is it just me, or does it look like all the mandos now have jetpacks. It certainly looks like the one riding the speeder has one. The only one I can't tell is the one in the upper right hand corner. If so, this is good news. :grin:

It looks like each of the Mandos have something gray on their back to me...

i think that they are jet packs, so four jet packs!

Clearer final pics from www.superspielwaren.de .

The legprinting on the Bomb Squad is nice but it makes them stand more out of the crowd. Why do they get printing when all other troops have none?

Hmm , i find that legprinting cool.

Thanks for the pics! I must say, the V-Wing is quite good. The Battle of Naboo remains to be my favorite of wave 1, though.

And yes, all of the Mandalorians have got a jetpack now.

~ General Magma

Do that again and siegfried will lock this topic.

No he won't, and KimT already asked us to stop.

Great new pics. But I think I like the v-wing best as I dont have many spaceships like this. Also I just hope lego hasn't forgot we OT fans :sad: - only one OT set is pathetic.

Thanks, CB

And that only if you count the V-wing as OT.

Thanks for the new pics, Navy Trooper Fenson! If the Mando BP has four jetpacks, it might be something I'll get one of.

Why is T-6 Shuttle overpriced? Anyone heard they will lower price or some?

I saw this pictures , and it seems Embo and Aurra have printed legs :classic:

Edited by Gile (SRB)

Some things I noticed;

The ARF troopers fin on the helmet looks really to big at the back :wacko:

All 4 Mandos definately have 4 jetpacks.

The V-Wing seems way to long and flat

Aurra has printed legs while Embo does not

What do you bet the T-6 cockpit piece will be 3 stickers instead of printed.

Im still hoping for one OT set in the first wave

:hmpf: We have pictures for all of them, there are none.

Yay! 4 jetpacks! :sweet:

Clearer final pics from www.superspielwaren.de .

Wow, those bomb squad troopers look great! They have orange helmets (at the front and back) with an improved diamond design. Plus, the leg printing isn't just flat orange at the front; there's a small portion of white thrown in.

Even though they do stand out, I hope this will mean leg printing for clones and stormtroopers.

Edit: gasp! All four mandalorians have jetpacks! :classic:

Edited by Delta 38

Nothing major, but I'd be willing to bet the cannon is made using these pieces instead.

You might be right. The reflections from the light makes it look like there are ridges along the barrel.

It would make sense, though. LEGO loves using those round pin connectors as gun barrels.

Ye but, why one?

I know : " Cause that is a 30 year old movie and Clone Wars is newer. Lego are toys for kids. Most kids love CW series than the OT. "

There were 0 OT sets in 2008...until UCS Death Star came along. I think the lack of OT sets hints at a repeat of this...UCS Cloud City perhaps?

Anyways, what I'm saying is don't judge 2011 until all the sets are out. ...and yes, as much as I hate to admit it, the money is supposedly in CW right now.

There were 0 OT sets in 2008...until UCS Death Star came along. I think the lack of OT sets hints at a repeat of this...UCS Cloud City perhaps?

Anyways, what I'm saying is don't judge 2011 until all the sets are out. ...and yes, as much as I hate to admit it, the money is supposedly in CW right now.

I guess it could happen like that again with a CC. Agreed, the money is in CW at the moment, not that im complaining much, at least they are finally doing justice to some of the unseen jedi in PT, finally! :sweet:

CF

Great clear pics (although I still can't wait for grogall to come along and share some super HR ones). All the Mando's having jetpacks is awesome, and this Clone bp rivals the original one in awesomeness-factor. Finally such a good selection of Clones!

Now, I know most people think that the Imp pilot is the same one from the Defender, but I have thought for a long time and still do that it might not be. It really looks like the open helmet with some weird printed head beneath it to me, and the little "New Figures" bubble next to it has too many words to just name the astromech. It really looks like it says "Imperial Pilot" as one of the new figures, so either LEGO is just marketing it untruthfully to seem cooler or it is actually different, like I think.

Now lets hope for republic commandos, now that they'll appear in the clone wars with Darth Maul. :cry_happy::cry_happy:

It's not Darth Maul, it's his brother Savage Opress.

I also agree with StoutFiles, the lack of OT sets may hint at a UCS Cloud City.

Hopefully it's the right size, with a good amount of minifigs, but just not as expensive as the 10188 Death Star. (If there will be a Cloud City)

~ General Magma

It's not Darth Maul, it's his brother Savage Opress.

I was wondering how Darth Maul could appear when he was half the man he used to be by the time the Clone Wars started.

I also agree with StoutFiles, the lack of OT sets may hint at a UCS Cloud City.

Hopefully it's the right size, with a good amount of minifigs, but just not as expensive as the 10188 Death Star. (If there will be a Cloud City)

I'd be prepared for disappointment there, Gen. Magma. If LEGO does CC right, it will probably be comparably priced to 10188. Unfortunately. :cry_sad:

Wow! these are great, but not as big as I'd like. Whatever though, on to my thoughts.

The Clone BP looks good, as I saw before. The Mando BP is 100x better since there are now 4 jetpacks! I'm kinda disappointed about the Imperial Pilot in the V-Wing, but it's not a big issue. The T-6 cockpit is nice, if not a bit too much, and I thought the red was supposed to be dark red. :wacko:

Out of box pics!

7913-1.jpg

The Clone Commander also has leg printing. :sweet:

7930-1.jpg

7915-1.jpg

The Pilot's face looks a lot like Captain Jag, and the wings rotate :thumbup:

7929-1.jpg

7914-1.jpg

The cannon is a single barrel.

7931-1.jpg

Saesee Tiin's head has cool colours! :tongue:

Looks like we're not getting a TIE Pilot after all... It's a black colored ARC pilot, but that's great too! :thumbup:

It's a pretty nice set aswell. The astromech droid is awesome..

The rest of the sets are great too, the T-6 is the lesser of the bunch. The Bounty Hunter gunship (The Halo) is better than I thought.

Nice to see that we're getting leg printing in the battlepacks too. I have the feeling they will make a new Jango Fett, since the Deathwatch kinda look like him, except for the blue colors - which should be different. I'm also looking forward to Saesee Tiin, the Gungans, Shaak Ti and Embo.. Saesee Tiin's headpiece would be useful for Iktochi minifigs, Shaak Ti's for other Togruta's.

All in all, a decent year. I'm mostly an OT fan, so I'm disappointed there aren't any OT sets this wave, but oh well..

Hopefully 2012 will be better. But that's something to think about by then.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma