KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Now the question is who is going to sell it.....I still say TRU, but hope for another retail chain instead ! :wink:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :yoda:

No!! Not Toys"R"Us!!! :laugh:

Yes, yes, they brainwash Lego ! :laugh:

Anyway, back on topic, we were talking a few days ago about the lack of flick missiles....this one has two missiles on the box art.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Aww man, it's Mace's Delta 7B, I was really hoping for the Eta-2.. :hmpf_bad: As much as I love JSFs, this is an automatic pass for me since I already have mine. I'm just gonna get the astromech and the tactical droid from BL.

Mace's Delta 7B looks much better than it does on the show. I suppose TLG knew it needed to be more than just plain white to catch the kids attention.

The new speeder is very reminiscent of Count Dooku's in the Solar Sailor set (say that five times real fast). And two more STAPs are always welcome. I think it goes on my "Must Have" list.

And I agree with Skafte. There are an egregious amount of stickers.

Actually this Delta 7-B does look exactly like the one in the CW series. Those sticker prints are supposed to represent the line designs on the body surface of the JSF, which cannot be achieved in brickbuild. But still, remove those darn stickers and you'd still end up with the bare white JSF, which looks a lot cleaner and better IMO.

i was hoping for that. it seems lego have been on eurobricks recently and looking at our ideas. thank you for bearing my idea in mind, tlg!

Considering Eurobricks is one, if not the largest, AFOL community around, I'm pretty sure TLG takes into account all the suggested ideas we throw at this forum. Personally, I would have preferred Mace's purple Eta-2 or Kit Fisto's Delta 7-B (which is waaay better-looking than Mace's), but since it's already in the works, I guess we just have to 'welcome' it with open arms.

Having just seen the picture of maces starfighter it seems the store Sir Von Lego went to mixed up the skeleton with Mace's droid.

Another thing to point out on the starfighter where it is red it should be purple so there's a big mistake lurking.. :sadnew:

Considering Eurobricks is one, if not the largest, AFOL community around, I'm pretty sure TLG takes into account all the suggested ideas we throw at this forum. Personally, I would have preferred Mace's purple Eta-2 or Kit Fisto's Delta 7-B (which is waaay better-looking than Mace's), but since it's already in the works, I guess we just have to 'welcome' it with open arms.

Obi-Wan's Eta-2 would be even better than Windu's. We've only had the blue one with the Hyperdrive Ring, but I'm still waiting for the dark red one from the Battle of Coruscant. (Ultimate Space Battle doesn't count, really, I never saw this set in a store.) By now, Delta 7-B's are kinda boring - I do hope the Eta appears in the third season of TCW, I don't want to wait any longer. (And we will have to wait for the next JSF anyway, we just had Plo's and now Windu's.)

Another thing to point out on the starfighter where it is red it should be purple so there's a big mistake lurking.. :sadnew:

Remember, it's still preliminary. Anything can change.

The set looks quite good, I would have preferred an Eta-2 JSF but hopefully that will come someday, too.

Now we just need a list/pics of wave 2 and it's all complete! (Well, almost... :tongue: )

~ General Magma

Uhmm, I don't think so. The dark red parts are kinda spot-on, except for the front part (should be in the blaster thingy). And the only purple part is the side prints of the wings. Below is the ref. photo, left one (sorry to keep posting this up, just wanted to compare it to the real thing).

4602570647_5e6d3fcf53_o.jpg5052284315_321e47eda9_m.jpg

-----------

I know it's still preliminary, but I have a lot of issues with the box art of this set - there are a lot of bare spots on the box art, the ground setting is a bit bland and boring (not much firepower effects), and the battle scene looks really weird - why in the world is a Delta 7B fighting with two measly STAPs and a tactical droid (battling now eh?) on a speeder on the ground? :wacko: I know these are minor issues but I hope they somehow fix some of these, seriously.

Edited by KielDaMan

Uhmm, I don't think so. The dark red parts are kinda spot-on, except for the front part (should be in the blaster thingy). And the only purple part is the side prints of the wings. Below is the ref. photo, left one (sorry to keep posting this up, just wanted to compare it to the real thing).

4602570647_5e6d3fcf53_o.jpg5052284315_321e47eda9_m.jpg

-----------

I know it's still preliminary, but I have a lot of issues with the box art of this set - there are a lot of bare spots on the box art, the ground setting is a bit bland and boring (not much firepower effects), and the battle scene looks really weird - why in the world is a Delta 7B fighting with two measly STAPs and a tactical droid (battling now eh?) on a speeder on the ground? :wacko: I know these are minor issues but I hope they somehow fix some of these, seriously.

Having seen the picture from R2 come home I realised it is red and not purple.

I don't think the image is preliminary because it does not state confedential on the box :wacko:

Edited by commanderneyo

Yay, we get another starfighter. How many is that for CW, now? 4? Seriously, why does TLC need to keep releasing similar sets with slight modifications. I see the flick fires have returned :hmpf_bad:

the tactical droid speeder looks the same as the one in dookus fighter only with other colours.

I like the idea og getting more battle sets, but seriously. Since when is a jedi starfighter a ground assault vehicle. I like the figs though. can get another Windu, a new astromech, and a tactical droid :classic: . The staps and speeder are/is good army builders as well.

I still would have preffered windus vehicle to be a fighter tank or cannon.

Yeah I was wondering that myself. :laugh:

Well, I think it was unrealistic to hope for an Eta-2 anyway, since Mace's Eta-2 only every appeared in the old Clone Wars TV show, and LEGO doesn't make sets based off of the old show. If it had shown up in EpIII, then perhaps we could've wished for it.

lEGO's model is certainly not as boring as the one in the show, but it doesn't look stunning either. I would say it's probably ugliest of the four, although Anakin's doesn't have the most eye-catching color scheme either.

Really, I think this set would have been better if it had been Obi-Wan's JSF, scrapped the battle droids on STAPs, and thrown in Mace and his Droid. That would've fit with the episode where Mace and Obi get trapped (minus the tactical Droid, of course, but it's great to get him). Sure, some people might not want another Obi, but I'd take him over Battle Droids. Maybe they could've designed an angrier face for him.

Still, this set offers some good stuff like Mace and the Tactical Droid, and Mace's droid is sure to be awesome once clearer pics come out.

Never much cared for the JSF before - but having bought everything else I went back and bought the previous three

They are actually quite good - anakin's isn't great but ashoka's is excellent, love the colour scheme!

I'll add this to my Jedi fleet - why they are all so vain and can't just use a standard design...!

Like the tactical droid but the STAP's are nice but out of place...2 look like Lego is compensating for something

Looks like I was right about the Battle Droid/Skellie mix up. It looks nice, kinda a mix of the Ryloth Trilogy and the Season 2 finale episodes. :thumbup:

I may get this, or just the Tactical Droid on BL.

Hmm...Thanks for the pics, but that's a definite pass. I never liked the oversized blue STAPs, the Mobquet Sppeder looks to have taken a step backwards since the Solar Sailor, and somehow, after the 2002 Delta-7, none of the Delta-7Bs appeal to me.

post-101-128656758528.jpg

Where does it say "Preliminary Design"?

This looks final to me.

*Snip*

Where does it say "Preliminary Design"?

This looks final to me.

That it does.

I think we're finally getting a tactical droid. :sweet:

If I have the extra cash, I'm getting this. A few CIS vehicles, a customizable starfighter and Windu are all things I need.

That it does.

And thus it puzzles me that this hasn't been deeplinked.

Don't be scared guys, if stuff looks final and doesn't have the "preliminary" or "Confidential" stamp, then do post it.

We (the staff) will step in and remove anything that violates the rules, if you accidentily post something inappropriate.

:classic:

Kewl. I'd rather have something like Ahsoka's JSF, but this is alright too.

Kewl. I'd rather have something like Ahsoka's JSF, but this is alright too.

You would want Ahsoka's JSF to be re-released? Why?

Oh.. Intresting. Obviously lego isn't getting the message people don't really like Jedi Star fighters :tongue:

We always get the few who want a Fighter for every character, But I for one have been noticing that at least in NZ, They aren't actully selling well, At all

Oh well, they've made their decision I guess. It looks intresting. Just another milking of the ability to produce any ship they want and claim It's star wars related :hmpf: (and NO I do not want some kid coming along and telling me that CW is technically Cannon, Please - I don't care :wink: Thanks :laugh: )

Nevermind, I'll just hope for more beautiful UCS sets like this year :wub:

However, I am loving the naboo set too... :classic:

Oh.. Intresting. Obviously lego isn't getting the message people don't really like Jedi Star fighters :tongue:

Nevermind, I'll just hope for more beautiful UCS sets like this year :wub:

Like the Starfighter UCS? :tongue::wink:

You would want Ahsoka's JSF to be re-released? Why?

I meant with a space battle, instead of a ground battle.

I meant with a space battle, instead of a ground battle.

As the 7283 Ultimate Space Battel. I agree with you. May be for the next year but this time with Kit-Fisto Starfighter or Ki Adi Mundi Starfighter with a new minifig.

Edited by qui gon jinn