Sign in to follow this  
Brickus

A Question Regarding 8098 Turbo Tank

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

How many spares are you supposed to get in this set because I have about 20 (not sure exactly) small pieces left over.

I have also gotten a 8098 Clone turbo tank. Once it was finished there was between 15-25 extra pieces aswell, so you should be fine.

I don't know why they would include so many extras.

I have also gotten a 8098 Clone turbo tank. Once it was finished there was between 15-25 extra pieces aswell, so you should be fine.

I don't know why they would include so many extras.

Yeah it's weird, I've never had so many extras. Thanks, I had a feeling I didn't build it wrong.

When u have numbered bags u get far more extras. The turbo tank has lots, if u have anything more signif than technic pins or slopes u might have missed something

as it is, with my two turbo tanks I was convinced for a time I'd missed something in the building...

Yeah it's weird, I've never had so many extras. Thanks, I had a feeling I didn't build it wrong.

There just spares because if you lose a piece you have a extra.

Yeah, there are a lot of spares in this set.

I think there are a few reasons for this.

1) Each stage of the build (ie the numbered bags) has spares, so in effect you get 4x the spares you would get in a smaller set, for example

2) There are 170 plus Technic pins alone out of the 1100+ parts, and small Technic pins usually get spares, so for each different major type of pin you are getting a spare (and this adds up because of the 4x stages of the build)

3) The other major spares are bley cheese, and this is again because those parts are used across more than one part of the build.

Yes, the CTT has a lot of parts but it feels surprisingly insubstantial because so many of them are small Technic. 170 pins! That isn't including any axles or other small common Technic parts that are used a lot in this set.

That said, I did like the set default_thumbup.gif

Yeah, there are a lot of spares in this set.

I think there are a few reasons for this.

1) Each stage of the build (ie the numbered bags) has spares, so in effect you get 4x the spares you would get in a smaller set, for example

2) There are 170 plus Technic pins alone out of the 1100+ parts, and small Technic pins usually get spares, so for each different major type of pin you are getting a spare (and this adds up because of the 4x stages of the build)

3) The other major spares are bley cheese, and this is again because those parts are used across more than one part of the build.

Yes, the CTT has a lot of parts but it feels surprisingly insubstantial because so many of them are small Technic. 170 pins! That isn't including any axles or other small common Technic parts that are used a lot in this set.

That said, I did like the set default_thumbup.gif

Thanks, did you get it at the Target sale too?

Yep, and I liked it a whole lot better than I thought I would. It's very solid and the suspension is really great. I also like the use of those large Technic rims better than wheels.