Superkalle

Minifg collectors series 2 pics and barcodes

The Karate guy is Jackie Chan winning an Oscar... :laugh:

Edited by noname

Yeah, we can only hope this happens. I'm nervous that we'll see a repeat of Series 1 except worse since people are so frenzied about getting them now that we know they are so limited. I expect more hoarding than before. Hopefully a wider distribution will keep that from happening.

Supposedly an email was received from Lego stating series 2 would be in more stores and in greater numbers, and the whole series one thing caught them by surprise.

Supposedly an email was received from Lego stating series 2 would be in more stores and in greater numbers, and the whole series one thing caught them by surprise.

Well, the reports I've read seem to conclude that every stores has more boxes available compared to series 1. Sadly though this doesn't prevent that a certain figure disappears from all of those boxes. :sad:

Gaetano

According to Grogall, production of Series 2 was completed in May, before Series 1 was even released. Thus even though Lego was surprised at the response to Series 1 and will attempt to distribute Series 2 more evenly, the total numbers are not expected to be considerably more than Series 1.

According to Grogall, production of Series 2 was completed in May, before Series 1 was even released. Thus even though Lego was surprised at the response to Series 1 and will attempt to distribute Series 2 more evenly, the total numbers are not expected to be considerably more than Series 1.

Very true, we can only hope TLG distributes the stock it does have in a more fair manner than series one.

I saw some people with pictures of multiple boxes where some folk didn't even get a chance to buy any.

Yes, I can confirm that a 2x2 stud circular brick fits on the shield.

spartan_color_shield.jpg

Also included a pic of the back of the shield (sorry for the blurry photo, my phone camera just wouldn't focus on the shield).

spartan_back_shield.jpg

Could you post a comparison picture of the shield and a 3*3 dish?

Thanks!

Gaetano

I hope too. Still trying to track down a box at the moment. Hopefully these ones will be a little better, I have sorted my lego out for easy access :thumbup:

I look forward to see what you can do with Series 2. I should get around to sorting. I bought a few more storage containers recently. :classic:

Could you post a comparison picture of the shield and a 3*3 dish?

Here to help! :grin:

spartan_shield_dish_back.jpgspartan_shield_dish_front.jpg

And, bonus, the shield fits nicely inside the dish:

spartan_shield_dish_inside.jpg

Now I'm wondering what kind of plans you have for the shield :look:

Here to help! :grin:

spartan_shield_dish_back.jpgspartan_shield_dish_front.jpg

And, bonus, the shield fits nicely inside the dish:

spartan_shield_dish_inside.jpg

Now I'm wondering what kind of plans you have for the shield :look:

Thanks for the picture! After seeing this, I might not use the shield for my Spartans since it's smaller than the 3*3 dish. The hoplon (Greek shield) is supposed to cover a lot to form a good phalanx. I'll find another use for them though.

Gaetano

The system works.

I got me 9 Hoplites and 4 Mexicans today :wub:

Thank you -Sweden rocks (at times) :wub:

targets and walmarts as promised.

Who promised Targets and Walmarts?

Who promised Targets and Walmarts?

A Lego Rep. I think it was in the series one thread. Someone emailed TLG and got a response saying distribution would include stores besides toys r us and specifically named target and Walmart.

A Lego Rep. I think it was in the series one thread. Someone emailed TLG and got a response saying distribution would include stores besides toys r us and specifically named target and Walmart.

I guess that will help, but what they really need to do is manufacture MORE of the figs, not just spread the same small number of figs around to more stores. That just means each store will have even fewer figs to sell.

Entertainment Earth is now preselling 10 packs of Series 2:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LG8684AAA

With Series 1 they sold singles ($4 each) 10 packs ($30, so $3 each) and full cases ($120). Hopefully they'll do the same for Series 2. If they do, Im definitely going through them for a case. I've always had fantastic luck with Entertainment Earth.

EDIT:

Ugh. They just posted the series 2 full case, and they're most definitely not the $120 they charged for series 1. Price is $165. Guess I'll hold off and hope some other site lists them at $120.

Edited by BigDumbWookiee

that could be used as a tortia dish with lid for the mexican :wink:

I was thinking a wok with a lid. :classic:

Entertainment Earth is now preselling 10 packs of Series 2:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LG8684AAA

With Series 1 they sold singles ($4 each) 10 packs ($30, so $3 each) and full cases ($120). Hopefully they'll do the same for Series 2. If they do, Im definitely going through them for a case. I've always had fantastic luck with Entertainment Earth.

oh excellent, thanks for the heads up.

So I had another question about the figs themselves, seems like it would have been mentioned already, but i was wondering, is everything good hard plastic? like the sombrero, for instance, I'd be worried about that being a big rubbery part.

Success. UK based webseller with Box to be on sale soon. Camping site until release day, then I shall reveal sources. :thumbup:

Success. UK based webseller with Box to be on sale soon. Camping site until release day, then I shall reveal sources. :thumbup:

Do you know when the release date is? I emailed TLG to ask & they were as much use as a chocolate fireguard!! In short, they wouldn't tell me when they were being released as they haven't been released yet(!) :hmpf:

Hopefully soon, I want my minifigs!! :tongue:

Do you know when the release date is? I emailed TLG to ask & they were as much use as a chocolate fireguard!! In short, they wouldn't tell me when they were being released as they haven't been released yet(!) :hmpf:

Hopefully soon, I want my minifigs!! :tongue:

Mine is saying 20/8/10. So before the month is out!

@ JammieD: You are no trouble maker, I just wanted to tease you a little :wink:

I'm glad you don't think of me as one, even if that part was a joke. :tongue:

I suppose I am not allowed to tease back? :grin:

Ooops. Did I just do it by mistake? :tongue:

Contrary to how I viewed the Skier before, I think he looks good. That face must be useful elsewhere, and those accesories aren't bad at all. :sweet: