Sign in to follow this  
Davor

[MOC] LAAT/c

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Low Altitude Assault Transport/carrier (LAAT/c)

LAATc_Geonosis_1.jpg

The Low Altitude Assault Transport/carrier (LAAT/c), was a LAAT carrier gunship employed by the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. These atmospheric transports were also referred to as AT-TE carriers or Republic Dropships.

The Rothana Heavy Engineering LAAT/carrier variant was designed primarily to airlift assault walkers and other heavy cargo into battle. Similar in design to the LAAT/i version, the carrier gunship removed the infantry model's troop hold, and featured heavy-lift agrav drives that held payloads in place under the main hull.

A wide wingspan allowed for maximum distribution of repulsorlift vanes when carrying heavy weights. Most of the LAAT/i's weapons were not present, leaving only the three anti-personnel laser turrets. Its heavy magnets could hold AT-TEs and more

18072010099.jpg

18072010100.jpg

18072010104.jpg

Well that's just plain cute! :wub: ...but what can it carry?

can`t carry anything. didn`t do it "playable".

Well this looks so nice and clean.....a 'shiney' - has NOT seen battle yet ! :wink:

This one looks pretty dam good studless, though some purist will say it should have studs !

Anyway excellent designing and I'm a conformist! 'Davor' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

That looks great but the neck should have some curves its sides. I think the LAATs are the most commonly MOCed clone wars ships.

Edited by gotoAndLego

For me, I like the studless design, but it seems like it should be bigger. It definitely needs that curve on the spine, too.

For me, I like the studless design, but it seems like it should be bigger. It definitely needs that curve on the spine, too.

how do you meen curve on the spine? could you explane a bit more so I can improve it. (althou its hard as hell to do curved shapes with lego)

picture doesn`t show the proper size, body is 45 cm long without lasers (without bars)

i did some minor modifications and added some random dark gray tiles to simulate "material wear". it looked too "shiney" like lightningtiger said in earlyer posts.

Edited by Davor

Nicely done Davor, I like the smoothness of your LAAT/c, though a few studs here and there would have given a 'rough-spot-battle-damaged' detail on it. And yeah, the curved spine should have also been there. It would also have been better if it can actually carry something (that's the purpose of the ship afterall)

how do you meen curve on the spine? could you explane a bit more so I can improve it. (althou its hard as hell to do curved shapes with lego)

the top sides of the neck have a very hard edge. some 1x1 slope pieces, for example, would change the 90deg angle and make it more organic. Artizan and I did midi LAATs and used curved slopes on the neck. I have a LAAT/c as well. Click on my flickr gallery to see an example.

Edited by gotoAndLego

the top sides of the neck have a very hard edge. some 1x1 slope pieces, for example, would change the 90deg angle and make it more organic. Artizan and I did midi LAATs and used curved slopes on the neck. I have a LAAT/c as well. Click on my flickr gallery to see an example.

aha...well...problem is I used 2 x 1 x 3 slopes for doing angled neck-body and can`t connect anything on top of them.

photo of additional mods...

19072010112.jpg

19072010113.jpg

19072010111.jpg

Your MOC looks great Davor.

The additional coloring does much in adding to its character. Greebling under the 'spine' as well (such as some piping or 'hoses') might contribute to the overall accuracy of your design. How you might do this is beyond my feeble powers so don't let this observation detract from the fact that this LAAT looks mighty fine indeed!!

:thumbup:

You say its minifig scaled. How much larger or smaller is it when compared to 10195? I'd always wondered how close that set was to being scaled correctly to minifigs.

Edited by Aeroeza

Your MOC looks great Davor.

The additional coloring does much in adding to its character. Greebling under the 'spine' as well (such as some piping or 'hoses') might contribute to the overall accuracy of your design. How you might do this is beyond my feeble powers so don't let this observation detract from the fact that this LAAT looks mighty fine indeed!!

:thumbup:

You say its minifig scaled. How much larger or smaller is it when compared to 10195? I'd always wondered how close that set was to being scaled correctly to minifigs.

tnx man,

i might add some more greble and hosein the the future for sure!

I can`t make comparation with 10195 because I don`t know a single person that have 10195 set and never saw it "live".

The mods make it much better, but somehow it still looks too small. Maybe it's because LEGO's is too big?