Sign in to follow this  
Klaus-Dieter

MOD: Paradisa Hotel

Hello everybody! :classic:

Over the past weeks I've designed a giant Town MOCset in LDD for the first LDD contest here on EB.

Here is the result:

Paradisa Hotel

You want to go to holidays? Then the Paradisa Hotel is the perfect place where to stay! This set includes a small beach, a beach bar, a hotel (1st floor: entrance with reception, recreation room, restaurant; 2nd & 3rd floor: each with guest room and bath room; 4th floor: conference room, heliport), a helicopter, a black limousine, 12 minifigs and a lot of accessory.

An overview of the front

paradisa_hotel.1.jpg

and of the back:

paradisa_hotel.2.jpgparadisa_hotel.3.jpg

Now to the details:

The minifigs:

chauffeur, rich man, pilot, reception woman, waiter, bellboy, barkeeper, cook, complete beach family (father, mother, son and daughter), white bicycle and other accessory

paradisa_hotel.25.jpg

The black limousine:

built after the taxi in this year's "Train Station" - but with car doors!

paradisa_hotel.19.jpgparadisa_hotel.20.jpgparadisa_hotel.21.jpg

The helicopter:

paradisa_hotel.22.jpg

The beach with beach bar:

paradisa_hotel.5.jpgparadisa_hotel.6.jpg

The entrance of the hotel with two fountains on both sides:

paradisa_hotel.7.jpg

Reception and recreation room:

paradisa_hotel.8.jpg

Restaurant with kitchen:

paradisa_hotel.9.jpg

Bath room (2x):

paradisa_hotel.12.jpg

Guest room (2x):

paradisa_hotel.13.jpg

Conference room:

paradisa_hotel.14.jpg

Heli port:

paradisa_hotel.16.jpg

Big sign on top of the roof:

paradisa_hotel.17.jpg

Some more pics can be found in this folder (when public) of my BS gallery.

Comments are welcome! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Excellent LDD creation 'Klaus' :sweet: - I really like the ideas combined here, though a little different has that mid-00's Hospital feel to it (I hated that set) and bedrooms/bathrooms are great - I would have choosen a basin design so the floor would not get wet, but I really like the shower !

Great work and I'm a conformist! 'Klaus' really I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I love the hotel! Nice LDD MOC, Klaus-Dieter! :classic:

The helicopter and beach are also nice additions!

Very nice although, this being Lego, the mum might need a bikini :wink: I do think you've nicely captured Paradisa's open style, but a few splashes of pink would go nicely, especially around the bar?

Excellent LDD creation 'Klaus' :sweet: - I really like the ideas combined here, though a little different has that mid-00's Hospital feel to it (I hated that set) and bedrooms/bathrooms are great - I would have choosen a basin design so the floor would not get wet, but I really like the shower !

Great work and I'm a conformist! 'Klaus' really I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks lightningtiger. :classic:

I love the hotel! Nice LDD MOC, Klaus-Dieter! :classic:

The helicopter and beach are also nice additions!

Thanks just2good. :classic:

I added the beach since this hotel should be placed at the beach. And for the heli: It offers more playability for kids and is for us adults a nice addition, too.

Very nice although, this being Lego, the mum might need a bikini :wink: I do think you've nicely captured Paradisa's open style, but a few splashes of pink would go nicely, especially around the bar?

Thanks Dunjohn. :classic:

I really would have liked to use more fitting torsos - but even the Universe mode does offer only a very, very limited number of torso designs (not much more than the regular LDD mode). :sadnew:

Klaus-Dieter

Really great creation, it would be great to see a return of Paradisa, and you've certainly captured the essence of it. Just one thing, unless I'm mistaken, you might want to change one of the windows to a wall of some sort, as all of Paradisa hotel can see one of the visitors showering. :tongue:

KD: You just keep getting better and better at your digital designs. This reminds me of one of the old Police HQ sets with the heliport on top. Love the combination of a high rise with the port scene, and a nice collection of figs and accessories. Do you plan to build this design? It would make for a great Classic Town with new City element set.

Great job! :thumbup:

Another phenomenal design in the stripe of Classic Town, K-D. I like the detail in the bathrooms and love the beach side bar! Although I am a bit confused about the guest rooms. Are the bedrooms and bathrooms that go together supposed to be in the same tower or on the same floor?

I designed a hotel very similar (3 towers, no beach)to yours when I was younger. Seeing your model has inspired me to work on putting the design into LDD.

Edited by Section8

Really great creation, it would be great to see a return of Paradisa, and you've certainly captured the essence of it. Just one thing, unless I'm mistaken, you might want to change one of the windows to a wall of some sort, as all of Paradisa hotel can see one of the visitors showering. :tongue:

Thanks hawkyboy4. :classic:

Well, firstly to the window in front of the shower stickers could be added. And secondly the glas walls of the shower would in reality be milk glas - in combination with the regular windows nobody outside could then look clearly into the shower. :grin:

KD: You just keep getting better and better at your digital designs. This reminds me of one of the old Police HQ sets with the heliport on top. Love the combination of a high rise with the port scene, and a nice collection of figs and accessories. Do you plan to build this design? It would make for a great Classic Town with new City element set.

Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks TheBrickster. :classic:

No, I do not plan to build it since I regrettably don't own the parts I would need for this my MOCset. Apart from that I'm very busy at the moment anyway. But in my summer semester holidays I plan to build a small school with real bricks.

Another phenomenal design in the stripe of Classic Town, K-D. I like the detail in the bathrooms and love the beach side bar! Although I am a bit confused about the guest rooms. Are the bedrooms and bathrooms that go together supposed to be in the same tower or on the same floor?

I designed a hotel very similar (3 towers, no beach)to yours when I was younger. Seeing your model has inspired me to work on putting the design into LDD.

Thanks Section8. :classic:

To every bedroom a bathroom should belong. In reality, all bedrooms are surely on the same side and all bathroom are on the same side, too. But since this should theoretically be an official Lego City set, I added two bathrooms and two bedrooms for more playability. That not all two bedrooms are on the same side is because of aesthetic reasons - it simply looks more varied and attractive.

Klaus-Dieter

Nice work there!

I see great playability on this set - looks real nice and full of options - I'm a conformist!!

Very nice LDD MOC!

And the fact that you made it modular just adds to the coolness!

Great job!

Thanks BrickClick. :classic:

Yes, I wanted to desgin it in the currently used "modular" style of the City sets like 7641 or 8403 - namely with open backwalls but nevertheless with removeable floors.

Nice work there!

I see great playability on this set - looks real[ly] nice and full of options - I'm a conformist!!

Thanks Artifex. :classic:

It was indeed my aim to include as much playability as possible and at the same time design it as much realistic as possible in order to make this theoretically possible set appealing to AFOLs as well as JFOLs.

Klaus-Dieter

Excellent digital MOC! I also like the shower and the guest room most. The beach bar is also nice - though I do find the mixing of the brown roof and the white bar a bit odd. Nonetheless, very nice indeed! Best, K.

Excellent digital MOC! I also like the shower and the guest room most. The beach bar is also nice - though I do find the mixing of the brown roof and the white bar a bit odd. Nonetheless, very nice indeed! Best, K.

Thanks KristofBD. :classic:

I originally wanted to add a round brown roof to the beach bar. But since this part doesn't exist but for the contest only exisiting parts were allowed, I wasn't allowed to do so.

Klaus-Dieter

Well that explains it. It's actually the only part where this limitation shows - the rest of the MOC seems very natural. I would really like to see this one in 'real bricks'. I think it would look great! Best, K.