DLuders' topic about the AFOL activities made me to open the box with 8045 again and here comes a small whale or orca with moveable jawbone and fins.

orca01.jpg

orca03.jpg

orca04.jpg

orca05.jpg

It always happens like that. I have a crazy idea and I don't stop until it's done. :classic: This model again ensured me that the telehandler is more suitable for making alternates than the helicopter 8046.

Anyway, thank you all for your kind reactions.

Edited by grohl

Video of the Sandhill Crane has just been finished.

That's really nice. From the videos and pictures it doesn't look like there's enough space for you to fit all those functions but I guess you were able to

Grohl:

Seriously... Lego should give you one of their 2011 sets (similar sized to the 8271)

and get you to make, say 20 alternate models (you could do that in a few days! ;)

Then, they add a few extra pages to the instructions, with all your ideas!

It's one of the things I love with a new Lego set... no matter how small... is to build as many alternates, with the same parts, before the pieces eventually go into the 'big bucket'

I used to love studying all the designs on the back of old Classic Space models, and trying to build them myself.

If Lego don't ever produce another 'Ideas Book'.. then surely this would be the next best thing.

Everyone needs some ideas to get kick started! and your amazing 8271 creations are testament to that!

RB

Grohl:

Seriously... Lego should give you one of their 2011 sets (similar sized to the 8271)

and get you to make, say 20 alternate models (you could do that in a few days! ;)

Then, they add a few extra pages to the instructions, with all your ideas!

It's one of the things I love with a new Lego set... no matter how small... is to build as many alternates, with the same parts, before the pieces eventually go into the 'big bucket'

I used to love studying all the designs on the back of old Classic Space models, and trying to build them myself.

If Lego don't ever produce another 'Ideas Book'.. then surely this would be the next best thing.

Everyone needs some ideas to get kick started! and your amazing 8271 creations are testament to that!

RB

Thank you very much for your reaction. Words like yours inspire me and make me want to beat my previous MOCs. This is a little bit offtopic, but you can take a look what have I built of 4916 Creator set. 77 parts and nearly endless possibilities. I own 7 other Mini Creators and this set is definitely my favourite non-Technic LEGO.

Before I dismantle it, I decided to make a short video of my

mantisp.jpg

Edited by grohl

Thanks for sharing your Praying Mantis video! In your YouTube description, you wrote that it is "A 35cm long model of praying mantis with moving head, front legs and wings. The mantis was displayed in Roztoky where the exhibitions of the Czech LEGO forum www.kostky.org took place." Did you allow children to operate the front legs and wings? It's a shame that you have to take it apart, but it is documented in your Brickshelf folder (soon to be made public when moderated).

It was displayed in a show-case because the exhibition lasted for three months, but some kids had the opportunity to play with it at school where I work.

I am going to take pictures during the disassembly, so that anyone will soon be able to build his/her own one.

Thanks for the video. I hadn't realised it is (was) a functional model, not just good looking!

Those are all amazing! My favorite is the Praying Mantis. :thumbup: I'll definitely try to make it.

Edited by Masked Builder

Building instructions for my LEGO Technic SEA HARRIER Mk.1 available HERE

Thanks very much for all the work you put into this. It is definitely on my list!

HEAVY TRANSPORT

Here I am again with a new MOC. It measures 76cm and consists of three parts. I played with an idea to make something from a few sets and to add minimum extra parts. So this is what can be in 95% built from 8048, 8049 and 8052 LEGO Technic sets.

The truck has got one M motor for steering of two front axles. The first one steers one third faster. The XL motor drives the rear axle and has got enough power to pull the whole MOC with no problem. It also features all four opening doors. The crane can be rotated by one gear places on the right side while the second gear connected to the LINEAR ACTUATOR lowers and raises the crane. The winch is operated by the gear placed on the crane and is strong enough to pull the load onto the trailer.

The trailer features pneumatically operated ramps to allow the loading of the vehicle and the other two block the load on the trailer to avoid its movement during the ride. The front axle can turn to minimize the steering radius. Rear two axles have pendulous suspension.

The monster truck has got front steering axle, fake V4 engine, opening bonnet and full suspension.

More pictures soon in my BS gallery

VIDEO to come soon

all02.jpg

all05.jpg

truck04.jpg

truck02.jpg

trailer05.jpg

trailer06.jpg

monster01.jpg

monster04.jpg

So this is what can be in 95% built from 8048, 8049 and 8052 LEGO Technic sets.

Wow, these are really nice! Looking forward to seeing your Brickshelf folder (after its made public) and the video on your YouTube channel. :thumbup: I have the three sets you used, so I'll probably attempt to make the Heavy Transport soon. Thanks for sharing!

8048-1.jpg+ 8049-1.jpg+ 8052-1.jpg

Edited by DLuders

You're welcome DLuders.

My 26th alternative model of 8271 is an African elephant baby with leaning and moving head.

A short video can be seen

elephant01.jpg

elephant05.jpg

elephant06.jpg

Your new creations, the African Elephant baby and the Heavy Transport, are great. I really like them, especially their functionality as well as their looks, in these aspects they do very well.

Extremely well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Everything your build is just.. well awesome!

The diversity... the colors.. everything. And not just vehicles, but other stuff as well! it looks so simple easy but its just 100% finished and sooo good looking

respect!

Edited by bord4kop