SEA HARRIER Mk.I

Finally I found some time to take pictures of my latest built plane which returned from the Czech LEGO forum exhibition a month ago.

It has been built at the end of February, but stayed closed in the museum for nearly four months.

Dimensions 69x43x16.5 cm. Penumatically retractable main and side landing gears. The red light on the top of the fuselage changes the nozzle angle. Joystick hidden under the panels on the top of the fuselage controls ailerons and elevons and the red lever next to it controls the rudder. The 12 tooth bevel at the bottom opens and closes the air brake. Two competition cannons underneath the wings are the only armanent of this jet plane.

Video can be seen

p1130536.jpg

p1130505.jpg

p1130508.jpg

p1130518.jpg

p1130535.jpg

p1130524.jpg

Edited by grohl

The flex axles cannot be bent that easily and the other advantage is that you can cut the pneumatic hose to the exact length you need. I found them very useful especially when building my Ford GT.

As I wrote above, there are just two cannons, no flick missiles.

Edited by grohl

I have been working on the picture instructions when disassembling my Ford GT 40 Mk.IV after its return from the exhibition. If you are interested you can find them here

The whole car has got 1544 elements in total and weighs 1.6 koligrams and features independent wheel suspension, 1M motor for steering, 2XL motors for wheel drive, 3 sets of PF lights, opening doors and bonnet and adjustable driver seat. If you lack some pictures it is because some parts are build the same, just the other way round (e.g. the rear axles). There are definitely some places for improvement. I know about at least three things I am not satisfied with.

Here is the

gt05.jpg

gt089.jpg

Edited by grohl

Thats really tight! How did you build the rear suspesnion, I never saw such spring orientation before?

Edited by Zblj

DludersThank you, my aim was to build a car with dynamic shape and lines.

ZbljBecause of the XL motors, I was very limited with space and surprisingly after a few test this worked best.

This Ford looks really really good. What (transparent) parts did you use for the headlights ?

These

2654.gif

4073.gif

Thats really tight! How did you build the rear suspesnion, I never saw such spring orientation before?

It looks like trailing arm suspension to me.

Getting back to the crane, it's absolutely amzing: great head and neck, fantastic knees!

Crab

My 24th alternate model of 8271. Nothing special and no functions. I am kinda running out of new ideas what to build next from this set. Any suggestions?

crab01.jpg

crab02.jpg

crab04.jpg

Spider

Mini Crane-Crane

Or how about a diarama made up of all 24 creations?

In the meanwhile I have been working on the 25th remake of 8271, but I will not tell you what it is yet.

I have also uploaded a video of my FTTS trial truck

00.jpg

Edited by grohl

25th remake of 8271 is here.

Behold! The Moose is coming. Features only the moving head via the gear behind the back.

moose04.jpg

moose06.jpg

moose05.jpg

moose07.jpg

You rebult this set so many times, your bricks are starting to crack :laugh: Nice moose!

Perfectly right, the yellow connectors, bushes and some thin liftarms really need replacement.

For this month's Technic Challenge I decided to use one of my MOCs that has been built for the Czech LEGO Forum exhibition. Maybe you have not seen it yet, so here comes the BEAST.

beast097.jpg

Edited by grohl

I had a simillar idea, but I decided not to build, because technically its not a a tracked vehicle. Runs fast!

Edited by Zblj

Video of the Sandhill Crane has just been finished.

Edited by grohl