Thanks Grohl and Alasdair! My daughter will love building your creations the two of us!

Those rotor blades look great as feathers. Kinda ironic (if that's the correct use of the word) that rotor blades and feathers are both used for flight.

I just saw this fly past my window.....

Assem1_zps8ruhbvff.png

Thanks a lot. I can see the legs on your version are not in the correct angle and the 9L beams should be white.

I will fix that.....The one above got hurt when it fly into my window,must of broke both feet. :look:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Great work Alasdair. I shared the link for the instructions in the video description.

Edited by grohl

Great work Alasdair. I shared the link for the instructions in the video description.

It was a pleasure,feel free to redistribute them as you please..... :thumbup:

Sweet..

Nice....your bird works in the local hospital(stickers). :tongue:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

alasdair, thank you very much fpr the BI - and grohl, thank you very much for sharing this nifty and cute litte bird with us!

Wyvern

A two legged dragon built entirely using elements of the LEGO Technic 42052 Heavy Lift Helicopter. 4 motorized functions powered by 1 Medium motor.

Length: 62cm

Wingspan: 64cm

Motorized Functions:

neck and head movement

tail swinging from side to side

wings flapping

tilting of the body

Video coming soon, instructions not.

Wyvern - LEGO Technic 42052 Alternate MOCWyvern - LEGO Technic 42052 Alternate MOCWyvern - LEGO Technic 42052 Alternate MOCWyvern - LEGO Technic 42052 Alternate MOCWyvern - LEGO Technic 42052 Alternate MOCWyvern - LEGO Technic 42052 Alternate MOC

5 minutes ago, grohl said:

Wyvern

A two legged dragon built entirely using elements of the LEGO Technic 42052 Heavy Lift Helicopter. 4 motorized functions powered by 1 Medium motor.

Length: 62cm

Wingspan: 64cm

Motorized Functions:

neck and head movement

tail swinging from side to side

wings flapping

tilting of the body

Video coming soon, instructions not.

That is so great. It is cute and funny and brilliant. And I am sure it would be greatly entertaining for playing. Maybe if LEGO make official Technic set with animal/creature theme, kids would go for it (I would :sweet: ). Thanks for sharing.

Edited by J_C

Excellent c-model.  This and the GBC C-Model by PV Productions for this set make a compelling case to pick up this helicopter.  Thanks.

Amazing! I like this much better than the official B model.

7 hours ago, GBTechnic said:

Excellent c-model.  This and the GBC C-Model by PV Productions for this set make a compelling case to pick up this helicopter.  Thanks.

Indeed ...

That's awesome! I just love the looks and many functions, moves very close to a real dragon, thanks for sharing :)

I usually build Technic dinosaurs for my older son, but not motorized, so this one will surely get his attention, I hope someone can make instructions.

Edited by braker23

On 2016-08-11 at 7:44 AM, grohl said:

Hi Grohl, I've just seen these alternatives recently, amazing! ? Do you have instructions for the Wyvern?