Let´s start with brand new model for the LEGO Technic Challenge.

A 29 cm tall figure of American astronaut with moving wrists, elbows and shoulders. The helmet is equipped with two PF lights and both arms are operated by PF M motors. The model is remote controlled and powered by rechargeable LEGO battery.

a01.jpg

a02.jpg

a04.jpg

a07.jpg

a09.jpg

a092.jpg

a093.jpg

Edited by grohl

I will call him "Darth Armstrong".

Really cool and unique model. I don't think I've ever seen someone do an astronaut before, and it's a great topic and great execution.

This is very cool and original. It's like the Star Wars Technic models we had around 2000, but with more functionality.

Thank you for your reactions. The face with the helmet was the hardest part to build. I wanted to use a Bionicle mask instead but it was too tiny, so I had to make my own. The inspiration really comes from the Darth Vader set, but the whole face was too big. So I improvised a bit and this is what I liked most.

Once again you've built a fantastic MOC. And as others mentioned already (but I'll mention it again) very original !! Any chance on seeing a video of this one ?

Definitely, but the model has just been finished and I did not have enough time to shoot the video.

I don't think anyone has ever tried anything like that with Technic, so kudos for yet another original and well executed idea :thumbup:

That's definately one great idea!

A Technic Astronaut, and even with a lot of details with all the tubes and dispalys... and added PF.

I like this very much!

Thank you all.

Here are two pictures from the night photosession.

a094.jpg

a095.jpg

It going to get so hard to vote for the AFOL Finalist at the end of the Technic Challenge....

(I wish TLG all the best in selecting the finalist...)

Grohl has made an another awsome model!

Really like the "night"pictures.

Edited by JunkstyleGio

I just saw the video, and it made me laugh big-time. A swimming and crawling astronaut is so hilarious !! :laugh::laugh:

That makes the model even cooler than it already was !

I like your sense of humor, grohl! Can you make your astronaut do the "Lego Macarena"? :laugh:

Dluders: without the jump and turning around it would be possible.

Anyway, here is my 23rd alternative model of 8271 Technic set.

The monoplane features working ailerons operated by the lever in the cockpit and the propeller rotated by the 8tooth gear on the left side.

fokker02.jpg

fokker08.jpg

fokker03.jpg

Sandhill Crane

It has got a working winch, turning body and moving neck by means of 1 Linear Actuator and a moving head. The max load is 240 grams, useful load is around 100. It is not any heavy duty crane. It is more a fun project and there was not enough place to gear especially the winch enough down. All the functions are controlled by two M motors with transmissions, so each motor operates two functions. At maximum it is 50cm tall with a head up and 52 cm long with a neck down and head forward.

More pictures and video soon.

crane04.jpg

crane05.jpg

crane02.jpg

Build a lego snake for picking up in the beak and it will make a magnificant creation a mind-blowingly magnificant creation...

It must win a prize just for being original!