Lots of stickers:

img1428ir.jpg

First bag of pieces: Busstop

img1429txc.jpg

I love the green bike:

img1430ym.jpg

When it's finished:

img1431k.jpg

It's a simple design, but it's ok. I don't like the 2x4 blue plate, I'll remove that...

On the sticker, there's a timetable. The car is ok. I like the front sticker with grill. Perhaps, the wheels look too big...

We go on with the streetsweeper (cleaning vehicle):

img1432s.jpg

img1433x.jpg

It's nice, but I had preffered a 4-wide...

Now, what we have all been waiting for...

The tram :thumbup:

Three bags of pieces for this one...

img1434v.jpg

img1436h.jpg

This is how the small trainwheels are attached. Simple, but effective...

img1437h.jpg

The middle- car has movable wheels like this (neccesary to take curves I think):

img1440tf.jpg

The cars are connected like this:

img1441n.jpg

There are many stickers to add, but I like it better without those...

img1443pb.jpg

The tram perfectly fits and rides on the regular traintracks. Motorize it will be very hard though I guess.

img1444z.jpg

The small shop is simple. I don't like it, but for kids it's nice to play with...

img1445r.jpg

img1446y.jpg

The green bins in this set are nice and I also like the map. The shop sells postcards and coffee.

Pieces for the tram- platform:

img1447yw.jpg

It's ok...

img1448h.jpg

Is there someone out there who can post a big image (scan or photo) of the inventory page in the instructions for this set?

I really like the touringcar. Great choice to use the lime green colour.

img1449bz.jpg

img1450d.jpg

Conclusion:

I like this set. The tram and touringcar are awesome! Nice minifigs and some new pieces make this set a must- buy. If someone has got a question, I'll try to answer it...

img1451c.jpg

More pics of this set (integrated in my layout) will come...

Is there someone out there who can post a big image (scan or photo) of the inventory page in the instructions for this set?

I will in 10 minutes....

Edited by TheBrickster

A very nice revievv :classic: ,can u take pics from the inside of the bus and tram? :sceptic: I like this set but the only problem is that you have to put tracks on the road baseplates for the tram :sceptic:, or put the tracks next to the road.

Edited by Antonio

At last our wait is over......thank you 'Bachus' for this review !

The sports car - COOL ! :thumbup:

The tram - AWESOME ! :laugh:

The street sweeper - AWESOME too ! :thumbup:

The tram stop - yep, AWESOME again !

The bus - ditto ditto !

The shop - er, it's okay I guess ! :tongue:

Aw well not everything can be perfect right ?

'Bachus' how do you rate the parts, build and the set overall ?

Anyway, thanks again - I can't wait for these to pop up in my local TRU's - I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks for the nice and fast review of this set, Bachus!

So you went to Mönchengladbach? If you'd called me, you could have had a drink at my place, it's only 20 km off MG. So don't forget to call in next time. default_blink.gif

The set is very nice, indeed. And there are several parts I would love to call my own, beginning with the green bike and not ending with the tram, but 100€! default_huh.gifdefault_sceptic.gif

I still have to make up my mind about that set. (Maybe I'll wait for the "buy 3 pay 2" offer.)

The set is very nice, indeed. And there are several parts I would love to call my own, beginning with the green bike and not ending with the tram, but 100€!

Thanks for the review Bachus!

I agree with Holodoc that a 100€ seems steep for the set, as it is the same price as the medieval market. Need to think about it.

I think I will look at the inventory to make up my mind. Thanks again for the review!

Kind regards,

Teddy

This looks nice. Someday I'll get my old city sets and some new ones and set up a nice place.

Bachus that looks good but you don't use the road base plates for your city?

Edited by crossmr

This looks nice. Someday I'll get my old city sets and some new ones and set up a nice place.

Bachus that looks good but you don't use the road base plates for your city?

Yes, I do but not in this part...

Thanks so much for reviewing this set! This is the no.1 set I want of 2010. :thumbup::cry_happy:

I love the context of the scene with all the sets. Thanks for including that shot!

God Bless,

Nathan

Nice review. I like the vehicles a lot, and the small structures aren't too bad either :thumbup:

Yes, I do but not in this part...

Do you have a gallery anywhere of the rest of your city? I'd love to see it~

Thanks for the review and the inventory.

Only question now is whether I should get this (and pay the "TRU markup" for it) or get the Grand Emporium.

Thanks for the review, I do love this set but the price in Euros seems very high to me, I hope when we get a UK price its a bit more reasonable than I fear it will be.

All the same it does look great in that scene you've produced.

Thanks for the review, it is quite exhaustive.

Now I see that he best thing about the set is the truck. It's absolutely stunning and looking very real.

But when seeing all the set assembled, I don't actually have the impression that it is a CENTER. To me, it's more kind a set of vehicles, no more.

Excellent Review!!!finally i know wich kind of wheel there is under the tram!! :laugh:

Only question now is whether I should get this (and pay the "TRU markup" for it) or get the Grand Emporium.

Get the Emporium. It's so much more worth it than this and you will be much happier.

Thank you for the review! :classic: This set looks nice, but looks to be worth $30-40 less then Lego's asking MSRP. I simply don't understand why this set costs so much. I would buy it if it was a lot cheaper, but this price does nothing for me. Add TRU's markup- I would never even consider buying it.

However, I am glad a lot of you seem to be happy with this set, it was long awaited, I'm just disappointed that most of you are going to be robbed of your hard-earned money. :sceptic:

Thanks for the quick pictures Bachus. It's a nice set and I definitely plan on getting it, it's just that ^$%@ high price. I'm going to wait and see where and at what price this will be offered in the coming month.

I really like the look of this set and it'll definitely be on my "to buy" list... does anyone know if it'll be available through Lego.com (as we don't have a TRU, it'll be Ebay if not!!)