On a scale of 1 to 5  

85 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Thanks for the review, I think its pretty odd that they released a set that looks almost the exact same but its cool.

Great job :thumbup:

I picked this set up a week ago.

3221 -> $35 USD

7848 -> $40 USD

Basically, a small building in a 8x16 plate and an extra (female!) minifig for an extra $5.

No brainer. This is a better deal than 3221. Plus it has a blue truck. We already have lots of yellow vehicles.

Thanks for the review and it's an nice set and I would pick it up but having seen the price point for the UK, which I found out in store by asking one of the staff and nearly shouted HOW MUCH! Like paul I must agree it's just far to high

Thanks for the review and it's an nice set and I would pick it up but having seen the price point for the UK, which I found out in store by asking one of the staff and nearly shouted HOW MUCH! Like paul I must agree it's just far to high

I saw this in the TRU near me, my fiancee told me to buy it but at £40 for ONE, I picked it up & swiftly put it back again considering you can buy 2 of the yellow trucks for the same price!

Serious rip off!

I agree. Maybe the prices will go down after a while if they don't sell well, and hopefully that will include the other ripoff that is 8404 Public Transport.

Voted poor. Truck is way too big for my town. Store way smaller than truck. Why use such a huge truck to deliver to such a small store. Just use a delivery van. Only thing I'd use is the stickers to make a larger store, without truck.

I saw this in the TRU near me, my fiancee told me to buy it but at £40 for ONE, I picked it up & swiftly put it back again considering you can buy 2 of the yellow trucks for the same price!

Glad the USA price difference isn't that great. Only 5 dollars.

Since it's limited edition i think i will pick this one up before the Lego truck. I've always wanted a TRU in my Lego city. Plus the more semi-trucks i get, the more and more of a need it is to build that truck stop I've always wanted to build. :sweet:

Great looking set. :thumbup:

Voted poor. Truck is way too big for my town. Store way smaller than truck. Why use such a huge truck to deliver to such a small store. Just use a delivery van. Only thing I'd use is the stickers to make a larger store, without truck.

I've always assumed the "store" is meant to represent only a small part of a store, not a whole store.

I'm gonna buy this and modularize that TRU store, like what MetalGearSolid does with her City Buildings! :thumbup::laugh:

Original poster paid 29.99 Euros so expecting to pay £25 - £29 GBP

Nearly fell of my chair when I see the UK price!!

TRU link

So much for an improvement between the pound and the euro!

If you look now, it is only £29.99!

TRU are finally being fair on our wallets :tongue:

This may be a silly question but are the builds for 3221 and 7848 EXACTLY the same? I assume so but just wanted to be sure.

Nice review BTW, good clear pics and great explanations!

This may be a silly question but are the builds for 3221 and 7848 EXACTLY the same? I assume so but just wanted to be sure.

Nice review BTW, good clear pics and great explanations!

The answer is YES - except for the colours and stickers - spot on - on the money - THE SAME !

After building mine yesterday, I noticed something.....there is only a small space to place a minifig behind the counter.....must try today to see if it does fit without looking meh ! :wink:

I consider this still a cool build and worth the dollars I spent on it !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Thanks for your review! Loved the "toy" weapons :grin: Also I hadn't noticed the hover craft before you pointed it out. It looks like a nice wee build!

God Bless,

Nathan

My daughter loves TRU, so this set was a must for her birthday!

I'm sure we will expand the store section to make it much larger as it is fairly small.

I don't like the colour scheme much, but still I had to vote 5. The truck is really good, the fact that it's a clone of another set doesn't affect my vote negatively. Yes the shop is really tiny, reminiscent of 80's sets, but the interior details and accessories are just great. Also the minifig amount is pretty good for a set of this size.

reviving an old thread here but I just got this today from Toys R Us Canada. Its currently on sale right now and a good $10 cheaper then the yellow version! :classic:

Replying to a 2 year old thread.

Heads up Canadians.

I picked this up today for $26 canadian......half off.

Whilst browsing TRU online I couldnt believe that saw this for 50%

Thanks goodness the store still had a couple more.