Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

LEGO quarterly community survey

Posted on request of the LEGO Community team:

The LEGO Group Wants to Hear From You!

As Adult or Teenage Fans of LEGO, you bring an important perspective to the LEGO Group. We respect your creativity and passion for the LEGO brand.

Since December 2008, we have done quarterly online surveys to learn more about the needs and wishes of global AFOL (defined as ages 20+) and TFOL (defined as ages 13-19) communities. For your information, we have listed the key findings from the latest survey in April 2010 below. Now we ask you to take the survey again. It include some of the same questions, but also a set of new questions for you.

Please take a few moments to complete this short online survey to let us know your opinion about the LEGO Group.

You might notice that the link refers to the LEGO Kids Inner Circle; this is because Satmetrix, which hosts that site, is also supporting our efforts to track AFOL/TFOL opinions. Rest assured that this survey is for AFOL’s and TFOLs only.

Here are some of the key findings from the first quarter 2010 survey:

• The survey was completed by 3.750 AFOLs and TFOLs. 33% of respondents were TFOLs, 67% was AFOLs. When asked about likeliness to recommend LEGO products and services to friends and family, AFOLs are (consistent with the previous surveys) more likely to recommend than TFOLs. Several TFOLs this time expressed disappointment with the discontinuation of the Bionicle line. When asked what the LEGO Group can do to improve willingness to recommend, most frequent answers center around request for more complex/modular sets, re-release of classic sets, teen/adult focused section on LEGO.com and better pricing.
  • In this survey we asked some questions specifically about online behavior. Interestingly we found that both AFOLs and TFOLs are more creative and conversational than average online population. They are very active on forums, blogs and social network sites, but not using Twitter much. Putting the data into the Forrester Social Technographics Ladder, we got the following results:

• Around 40% of AFOLs/TFOLs fit the categories of Creators and Conversationalists (average for US online population is around 30%). We compare to US online population just because we do not have comparable numbers for e.g. Europe or Asia.

• Around 70% of AFOLs/TFOLs fit the category of “Critics” (average for US online population is less than 40%). Surprising? J

Very interesting findings, so we follow up with some more questions about online behavior in this 2nd quarter survey.

Thank you,

The LEGO Community Team

Bonaparte

Didn't we have an official survey just a just over a month ago?

I realise its a "quarterly" survey but the last one seems more recent than 3 months ago.

Never mind my original post, it seems the previous survey was posted April 13 and time has slipped away from me!

I filled it out as well, come on people, our INPUT might have some influence into TLG's OUTPUT :pir-laugh: .

Done, I just wish that some of the more Classical themes would be re-released.

That's my biggest problem with the The Lego Company at the moment.

Edited by Ratshot

Done. Selling loose minifigs seems a good idea to me. It's a better and cheaper way of building armies :pir-classic:

And of course the pirates theme should come back :pir-grin:

done

:thumbup:

Done. Selling loose minifigs seems a good idea to me. It's a better and cheaper way of building armies :pir-classic:

And of course the pirates theme should come back :pir-grin:

I agree!, but as long as they maintain the quality, you know...

stop_cheap_chinese_plastic.png

Done and done, I'm starting to get used to their surveys.

It's great the LEGO Group is taking AFOL's feedback, I'm just a bit worried many of them will get sick of doing surveys unless they see a tangible result.