file0038.jpg

file0039.jpg

file0040.jpg

file0041.jpg

This is my first ever supercar! I kind of mixed the 8880, 8448, 8466 and 8297 features together. The car uses all wheel drive and steering, wherebye the rear wheels steer at a lower angle than front. The gearbox is a 5+R, which uniquely uses both gears of the differential to power it. All gears with exception of reverse are powered by the central diff, the reverse is by front wheel drive only. Gearbox has the following gear ratios:

1 gear 2,5

2 gear 1,67

3 gear 1,5

4 gear 1,0

5 gear 0,9

R gear 1,4

Picture of gearbox at start of the build:

p1140964.jpg

I tryed to make car as functional as possible, so there are 3 buttons in the dashboard.

p1140992.jpg

The first one when tilted pops up the lights in front and turns them on.

p1140991.jpg

p1140990.jpg

The second button pops up the hood and the third one opens and closes the motorized roof. Also the doors have working handles, that automatically lock when doors close, to keep them from opening.

p1140997.jpg

p1140993.jpg

The suspension uses horizontal mounted springs to save on space.

p1140965.jpg

Front has almost 50 grill pieces to cool the massive V12 engine.

p1140991.jpg

The rear has mustang-like lights and 2 massive exhaustst.

p1140994.jpg

You can see the roof mechanics here:

p1150004.jpg

All the mechanical guts are visible here. Can you count all the gears :sweet: ?

p1150001.jpg

Video link:

More pictures including HD ones are at my BS folder:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=436915

I hope you guys like it! It may not be as stylish as Crowkiler's monsters, but I think it's quite neat.

Edited by Zblj

There sure are a lot of functions in this Supercar! :thumbup: I like the pop-up lights and the convertible top (which remind me of this red Porsche 928 ). The shape of the car reminds me of this Mercedes 450 SL convertible . The functional dashboard knobs are a nice feature -- I don't believe I've seen that on a Technic MOC before.

If this is your FIRST Supercar, we can only guess at what other fantastic future Supercars are coming in the future! :sweet:

Is there any chance that you will be modeling this in Lego Digital Designer (LDD)? :wink:

I like your car very much Zblj!

Changing of the roof rocks!

It does not have to be that stylish like Crowkiler's, it is your style of building - I would found out that YOU built it even if you didn't put your name beside it.

I think that this counts much more.

Really cool model! I like how you did the transmission. The yellow and black shifter plate look really cool together, I don't think that I have ever seen that done before. :thumbup: Lots of neat power fucnctions too.

No need to compare your style to anyone else's. You have done many things that I have never seen before. :classic:

This is quite amazing. To think this is all LEGO amazes me. I remember as a kid I was intimidated by the technic line. This was why.

Outstanding work, I love it, reminds me of a Ferrari Tourer.

Very nice. Most big Technic cars out there tend to have very similar functions, but you have actually added some unique and clever mechanisms into this model. :sweet: I especially like your gearbox design and how the reverse gear only powers the front wheels.

It's an awesome model! Must have taken a long time to build :sweet:

Only 2 things I don't like: the roof and a-pilars don't match with the rest of the car.

And 4 wheel steer doesn't look realistic.

Wow, awesome work :classic: I love the little extra features like the dashboard buttons and working door handles :thumbup:

This is great for your first car. :thumbup: You certainly did a lot of things right. And using and sharing ideas with other builders is a good thing. That is what building is all about.

Edited by TechnicJuan

Thank you for comments guys :classic: @dluders I dont think i will make instructions in LDD, as of lot of bricks used in car arent there (yet). For the pillar and roof color, I decided to use black, because I was running low on red, and because black looks like a removable type of roof. Four wheel steering was used, so the car can actually drive a circle in my room :laugh:

Great job! Another master piece with abundant and impressive functions, I especially like the design of head light.

The car may not be 'stylish' as you say, but it's still very good looking :sweet:

In any case, you should be very proud of your first super car, because you've build a mechanical marvel there. Congrats, and hopefully you'll want to build a few more after such a great start!

Edited by grepin