Sign in to follow this  
MacK

Alvator Main Battle Tank

Excellent tank with a nice snow camo' job there 'MacK' - gee thats a big barrel gun ! :devil:

Great supension system too - very nice support weapons - gee they like breathing fire don't they ? :grin:

Fantastic work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Excellent tank with a nice snow camo' job there 'MacK' - gee thats a big barrel gun ! :devil:

Great supension system too - very nice support weapons - gee they like breathing fire don't they ? :grin:

Fantastic work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks I'm glad you noticed the flame thrower :devil:

Wow, that's amazing! Where do you get treads like that?

I've gotten the treads over the years through Starwars and Indiana Jones sets.

Thanks I'm glad you noticed the flame thrower :devil:

I've gotten the treads over the years through Starwars and Indiana Jones sets.

Ok, would the treads be from the droid tank thing they used to attack kashyyyk? They have one out now, do they come with 2 treads or just 1?

Yeah they come in that droid tank, but they're not a single unit they come like this . Then you can just link them together to make a complete tread.

Thanks Mack! I may have to wait until Christmas to get them as I am going on a trip and am buying lots of things for my d-day diorama.

Capt.JonPaul

How did you manage to do the suspension, I have only managed to workout very crude and barbaric suspension, and It be nice to know what other builders are using as techniques. It's okay if it's a builders secret, but a hint or two would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Nice tank, I really like the way you did the turret, the shape looks superb.

Thanks Mack! I may have to wait until Christmas to get them as I am going on a trip and am buying lots of things for my d-day diorama.

Capt.JonPaul

Your welcome :classic: I look forward to seeing what you build.

How did you manage to do the suspension, I have only managed to workout very crude and barbaric suspension, and It be nice to know what other builders are using as techniques. It's okay if it's a builders secret, but a hint or two would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Nice tank, I really like the way you did the turret, the shape looks superb.

I'm doubt I'm the first to use this type of suspension but here's a picture with the side skirt removed.

alvatormbtnoside.jpg

I posted a small preview in this forum, Joey Lock told me to fix the lcvp, which I did and now I made another one. My preview is basicaly just me and Joey Lock arguing about if Sun Tzu is right or wrong. Sun Tzu is obviously right!

Well you can't go against Sun Tzu (unless your Vlad the Impaler :wink: ). On a more topic related note I'm currently making another vehicle to go along with the Alvatar.

That show was cheap! Sun Tzu's flaming arrow should have lit the ground on fire. And how could a spartan beat a ninja?!

Another great MOC Mack! pirate_thumbup.gif I'm really diggin' your snow-camo military vehicles. This one is on-the-spot with just the right amount of details. Keep those wonderful vehicles coming!