Sign in to follow this  
Sariel

Table Soccer with WeDo parts

Yet another little adventure with the WeDo system, started with a joke of one of my co-workers who said that I should build a table soccer for us to play in the office. When I finished laughing, I though - heck, why not?

1.jpg

As usual, I will provide just some media files and links for those of you who are willing to learn more. So:

Full description with photos: http://sariel.pl/2010/06/table-soccer/

BS gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=436648

And a video which should be quite illustrative as to what it does and how:

I hope you like it. You better do, or you may have some vuvuzelas coming your way ;)

This "Foosball" table is great! I was surprised that you didn't program the buzzing drone of Vuvuzela horns, like the fans hear in the FIFA World Cup games in South Africa.... :tongue: I bet if you put some food on one of the balls, "Lucius" the Hamster would score a goal! :grin:

You Sir, are insane.

Another awesome MOC to add to your extensive list. However I think you need to build a bigger version and use Technic mini-figs as the players :tongue:

P.S. I'm still impatiently awaiting the completion of the Reventon... Have you put that build on hold for now?

I bet if you put some food on one of the balls, "Lucius" the Hamster would score a goal! :grin:

I, on the other hand, think he would do even better as a goalkeeper. Once you put him in front of the gate, there is no space left for any ball.

I'm still impatiently awaiting the completion of the Reventon... Have you put that build on hold for now?

I did, as I ran into a couple of problems with a supercar of this size. I'm seriously thinking of stopping and building something simpler first, on a chassis of similar size... say, the 1969 Dodge Charger.

Edited by Sariel

I did, as I ran into a couple of problems with a supercar of this size. I'm seriously thinking of stopping and building something simpler first, on a chassis of similar size... say, the 1969 Dodge Charger.

I used to own a 1969 Charger and, while it is an excellent subject, I recommend a 1971 Barracuda instead. Just a personal preference.

An a related note, how are you going to find enough purple parts to build a Charger? :classic:

1968-charger.jpg

An a related note, how are you going to find enough purple parts to build a Charger? :classic:

I'm not. I was thinking more like black body with yellow racing stripes + dark gray interior. I envy you owning that thing - every single day of that :P

mopp_0712_01_z+1969_dodge_charger_pro_touring+front.jpg

I'm not. I was thinking more like black body with yellow racing stripes + dark gray interior. I envy you owning that thing - every single day of that :P

I really liked that car. It had the "small" engine for the time: the 318ci (5.2 litre) V-8. I also owned a car (1972 Chrysler New Yorker) with the big block 440 (7.2 litre) that I always intended to transfer to the Charger but I never got to it before life got in the way. I drove that car over 200,000 miles.

Old MOPAR cars need to be weird colors. Black just doesn't do them justice. Some of the colors of the time were: Screaming Banana Yellow, Sassy Grass Green, Hemi Orange, and Plum Crazy. Mine was purple. If you collect enough Cyber-Slam sets, you might be able to do it!!

Well, I'm sure an opportunity will come for you to own another beast like these. As for me, my automotive plans are more decent ;)

b_Virago%20535_1993.jpg

Very interesting Sariel. You are doing a 1969 Charger and I seen at crowkillers site that he is working on a 1969 Camaro Super Sport. I can't wait to see both creations. :sweet:

Well, I'm sure an opportunity will come for you to own another beast like these. As for me, my automotive plans are more decent ;)

Looks like a Virago. Is that a 750? I used to have one of those too. More recently I got a Vulcan. The Virago was a great bike, but I wore it out.

Close, it's a 535. I'm in love with it. I adore black/chrome versions with no bags/pipes/scaffoldings on, just the stock-bare bike. Didn't know Viragos were popular in US, as they're relatively small bikes for their class.