Oky

Yoda - A Tribute!

This is my entry - a tribute to the little green jedi master! :yoda: It showcases some of his greatest moments throughout the saga!

4749683871_a3edf56206.jpg

Attack of the Clones: Yoda VS. Dooku - Master Yoda confronts Count Dooku after the Battle of Geonosis while the wounded Anakin and Obi Wan helplessly watch. Next to them is a pillar which Dooku will soon use to attempt to crush them.

4749683947_99412e3f7a.jpg

Clone Wars: Battle of Ilum - Yoda takes out some chameleon droids which have been sent to destroy the crystal caves.

4749683955_b6b1d352a9.jpg

Revenge of the Sith: Yoda VS. Darth Sidious - Yoda faces the new emperor, Palpatine.

4750388238_92e48facc3.jpg

The Empire Strikes Back: Training Luke - The self-exiled Jedi master has decided to train Luke Skywalker, the galaxy's only hope, in the ways of the Force.

4750388296_a5d8080a17.jpg

Click here to see my reference pics, and you can find more pics in my flickr.

Note how "Yoda" can be read correctly from both sides! Also note the Initials at the bottom indicating which film/series each vignette is from!

I hope you like it and would love to hear your comments on it! :classic:

:yoda:May the force be with you - Always! :yoda:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

A few minutes late, but I'll give you the benefit of time zones, bad excuses and server delay.

It made the cut :grin:

A few minutes late, but I'll give you the benefit of time zones, bad excuses and server delay.

It made the cut :grin:

Woot! :cry_happy: I worked my Megabloks off to get this done in time and was scared I was too late! Thanks! If you allow it, I'd like to add some more, better pics in the next few hours.

Awesome

Cool! A very nice last minute entry. Good job!

Thanks. I'd love to hear what else you two have to say about it once I add more pics! :classic:

Great entry! As with many other entries, I like how you made the background of the Senate scene! Only if xwingyoda was here to see this :yoda:

Edited by prateek

I was wondering where your entry was. You have a nack for entering (and winning) most contests on EB.

I must say This one doesn't dissapoint. Any section of this would make a great small entry, but luckily we get them all.

My favorite part is the reflecting red bolts. I've never seen that technique before.

That's really nice now. I like how you've made different versions of Yoda for 'special circumstances.' I also like how you've labelled them all.

Impressive entry. :thumbup: I like how you've mish-mashed 3 epic and 1 still-good-yet-not-quite-as-epic scenes into one.

I'm not very familiar with the Animated Clone Wars scene but in my book the backdrop is a little sparse, maybe it is meant to be like that? Getting past that those chameleon droids look wonderful and I'm still trying to figure out how you made the blaster reflect of the yoda's lightsaber. The Yoda vs Dooku is very nice in particular the positions of the minifigs.

Training Luke doesn't really say epic to me but I am glad you included it as it has the best background IMO. Finnaly by far my favourite scene from your display Yoda vs Palpatine. I loved this bit from the movie and you've perfectly captured it. :wub: One suggestion would be to put Yoda in a more action-y pose. (As I recall he spent a lot of time twirling in the air in the movie) What more can I say? The Yoda head on top and the little signs informing you from which movie the scenes are from are the icing on the cake!

Very well done! :sweet:

First post edited with better pics and a link to the flickr set. :thumbup:

If only xwingyoda was here to see this :yoda:

Hehe, yeah. Maybe I'll post it over on BrickHorizon as well so that he can see it. :sweet:

I was wondering where your entry was. You have a nack for entering (and winning) most contests on EB.

:laugh:

My favorite part is the reflecting red bolts. I've never seen that technique before.

Then you have probably never seen my prize-winning Battle of Dagobah diorama. :wink: And I wasn't the first to use it either. I copied it from... someone. Can't remember who.

That's really nice now. I like how you've made different versions of Yoda for 'special circumstances.'

Thanks, I did that partly because I couldn't find one of the Yoda torsos intentionally. :grin:

Impressive entry. :thumbup: I like how you've mish-mashed 3 epic and 1 still-good-yet-not-quite-as-epic scenes into one.

I'm not very familiar with the Animated Clone Wars scene but in my book the backdrop is a little sparse, maybe it is meant to be like that? Getting past that those chameleon droids look wonderful and I'm still trying to figure out how you made the blaster reflect of the yoda's lightsaber. The Yoda vs Dooku is very nice in particular the positions of the minifigs.

Training Luke doesn't really say epic to me but I am glad you included it as it has the best background IMO. Finnaly by far my favourite scene from your display Yoda vs Palpatine. I loved this bit from the movie and you've perfectly captured it. :wub: One suggestion would be to put Yoda in a more action-y pose. (As I recall he spent a lot of time twirling in the air in the movie) What more can I say? The Yoda head on top and the little signs informing you from which movie the scenes are from are the icing on the cake!

Very well done! :sweet:

Thanks. The CW scene is so plain because it took place in a snow wasteland (check the reference pic), so there really wasn't much I could have added, and I ran out of time anyway.

The Luke scene may not be as epic, but the aftermath of it sort of is - an epic fail on Luke's part, that is. :laugh:

I was thinking about putting yoda in the air, but since I already did that in the Dooku scene, I chose to do the scene where he and palpy are in a dramatic lock-position.

By the way, the head design was taken from the official Yoda sculpture. It's practically a slice of the middle of his head.

Just in the nick-of-time! A very impressive entry Oky Wan! You really captured the four scenes very well. I particularly like the Yoda vs. Sidious battle scene, the black background with white highlights and the inverse discs make you feel like you're really in the Republic senate hall. Great job! pirate_thumbup.gif

:thumbup: it's a good idea. Very nice.

:yoda: : "this moc I like"

Edited by R5-N2