Sign in to follow this  
Danthebrick

NO DISINTEGRATIONS!

Here is my attempt to recreate one of my favourite scenes featuring some of the greatest characters. The scene is from Empire Strikes Back and begins with disgusted Imperial officers looking up at a collection of "Bouny Hunter scum". The assembled crew receive their instructions from Lord Vader,

“There will be a substantial reward for the one who finds the Millennium Falcon. You are free to use any methods necessary – but I want them alive… NO DISINTEGRATIONS!”

I love everything about this scene: the way the camera angle has Piett looking up at the feet of the Bounty Hunters, includes one of Vaders classic lines, has one of Boba's rare speaking lines and has glimpses of various fascinating minor characters such as IG 88 and Dengar.

2 points on its construction - I did try to base my concept on the flashing control panels around the computers on board the Executer and I installed a mini flashing light behind the green power core to create this. However, this hasn't come out on the pictures very well so I have taken one picture in dark light to illustrate the intended effect. Secondly, I was hoping my Bricklink purchase of Bossk would have arrived in time for entry but alas seems not so I have had to make do with his troll body double!

disint1.jpg

disint2.jpg

disint3.jpg

disint4.jpg

it looks nice although why is there a blury pic after the good ones

Which is explained, as you'd known had you read his intro comment :tongue:

Nice entry and I'm sure we'll all be able to live with the custom BossK :wink:

Nicely done, too about bricklink slowing you down, but your stand in gets the point across all the same.

Nice! Not exsactly epic, but it's still a great scene. That's a nice Bossk considering the circumstances.

"It's good, but where's Zuckuss and 4-LOM?"

I did try a version with custom Zuckuss and 4-Lom but it looked naff! Mind you - my current version looks pretty pants and hasn't had any votes yet so maybe I shoud of included them! :sceptic:

Ah well - there's always the next contest!

Patience..

:yoda: