Sign in to follow this  
greenskull139

Luke faces Vader

Okay, I know a few people have been waiting for my entry. So without further hesitation, here it is(re-done):

4744694672_c5d045bc97_z-1.jpg

4745947217_f428b45ed0_b.jpg

I apologize for the cruddy pics and will try to take better ones before the end of the contest*click*, *run*,*edit*,*upload* re-done!!!! *oh2* . More pics of both versions( other below) on Flickr

Oops! I forgot! here is the comparison pic:

4744154537_b6b2d8159e.jpg

Okay, here is the upgrade version from peoples suggestions and for more pics go to my Flickr:

4748947877_c6c303a6e2_z.jpg

If you like it better, but the pic sucks, then just imagine the sides near Palpatine and the steps in the top pic. :grin: Unless KimT allows one more day for the entrants to edit their photos.

Edited by greenskull139

Very good ! :vader:

Pity about the photography, but from what I can see very good design, great detailling here, looks very much like the scene from ROTJ that's for sure.

Great work and good luck 'greenskull139', also I'm a conformist! !

Very good ! :vader:

Pity about the photography, but from what I can see very good design, great detailling here, looks very much like the scene from ROTJ that's for sure.

Great work and good luck 'greenskull139', also I'm a conformist! !

OH yeah! I JUST UPLOADED NEW PHOTOS! XDXD :oh3:

Edited by greenskull139

So here's the entry that you've been bragging about. It's really expertly done, but I have three problems with it.

1. It's a little squished, and should be larger.

2. The blue-light thingies really should be wider,

3. I wouldn't use grey for the steps.

But the greebles and the window really make up for it. :thumbup: This is really a tight contest.

off-topic: Crap, now I don't think I'll score a place at all. :cry_sad:

Wow, that window is amazing! This is what TLC should do with all their TIEs. :thumbup:

So here's the entry that you've been bragging about. It's really expertly done, but I have three problems with it.

1. It's a little squished, and should be larger.

2. The blue-light thingies really should be wider,

3. I wouldn't use grey for the steps.

But the greebles and the window really make up for it. :thumbup: This is really a tight contest.

off-topic: Crap, now I don't think I'll score a place at all. :cry_sad:

1.Well you see, I can't do medium because it would be too empty and plus there are really cool entries for medium that would beat mine. :sad:

2.If you go to my flickr, you can see I tried to get the effect of the light shadowing out Palpatine and so you could see the different window layers. :vader:

3.In the movie they are silver vents, but vents wouldn't fit and I don't think I have enough silver ones or 1x6 silver plates. :look:

But thank you so much for the comment and feedback. :vader:

Edited by greenskull139

Nicely done greensull, though it really would have been better if the pics were clearer. From what I see the details are quite fine. Good luck in the contest.

Nicely done greensull, though it really would have been better if the pics were clearer. From what I see the details are quite fine. Good luck in the contest.

Yes I know and I am intending to get a GOOD camera. :hmpf_bad:

Wow. Truely stunning vig. I :wub: it.

It captures the scene very well, and although it may be a tad cramped, it's still fine as it's not too smalll as to invade the epicness of the scene. The window is incredible. It's a shame it overhangs, but I personally couldn't care less. Amazing entry.

However, I do have a couple of small hesitations

A) The stairs being grey. I know what you're trying to accomplish with this. And it's not bad. But I think it sticks out just a little too much. You could prehaps use 4 1x2 light grey grills on a 1x6 black plate to create a darker effect?

B) The grebling on beside the emperor. I Like that you've tried to add to the scene, but I personally feel that the grebles don't go with the perfection and harshness of the empire. Some lighter grbles would look great, but in this case, in this scene, in this scale, I think It's a bit too much.

Up to you if you want to take any of this into consideration, And you have a lovely entry none the less. Good luck!

Really impressive.

I love the darkness of it.

Making a MOC with soo much black is difficult, since black has a tendency to smudge the details, but you've managed to pull through and you've nailed this scene pretty well.

Not bad, thewindow is what stands apart from the other MOC similar to this one, with palpys chair room.

Hey greenskull! I remembered I have an account here. :tongue: So, this is what you have been talking about! Wow, it looks great :thumbup: Much better than what I depicted it when you described it to me. :grin: