Sign in to follow this  
ADHO15

Jango's Escape

Hello everyone! :classic:

This is my first entry in a LEGO competition and my first proper vignette.

The epic scene I've chosen is Obi-Wan vs. Jango from Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones, although I named it after the piece of music played in this scene.

I picked this scene because I thought it was a really nice fight scene with great action and effects.

After following the assassination plot on Padmé Amidala to Kamino, Obi-Wan Kenobi is showed the Grand Army of the Republic being created by the Kaminoan cloners. He visits the clone template, Jango Fett, and suspects he is the one behind the attacks on the senator. When the Council instructs Obi-Wan to aprehend the bounty hunter and bring him to Coruscant for questioning, Jango tries to make a quick getaway. The fight begins and Jango ends up lying on the edge of the langing platform with Obi-Wan hanging below as the scene suggests.

So without further ado, the MOC:

jangosescape_01.jpg

Plan view:

jangosescape_02.jpg

There is only a little overhang. Those dishes stick out around this near corner, but nothing major.

jangosescape_03.jpg

A cross-sectional view:

jangosescape_04.jpg

And a little pre-scene action sequence:

jangosescape_05.jpg

Here's a reference video of the scene.

Comments and criticisms would be much appreciated!

Thanks for looking! :sweet:

Edited by ADHO15

Yes! Finally! :tongue:

Great work! :sweet:

Very smooth and the way you made the platform is super. Well done! :thumbup:

The only tiny thing I suggest changing is puting tiles under the quarter-cylinder pieces, but with studs or 1x1 plates to hold it in the right position.

Now, give me that Jango figure! :vader:

very nice and good choice of scene

actually what i would have done if i was in the contest

great job :thumbup:

Nice! I love the use of the curved pieces on the droid gunship. The music in that scene was great- the title fits.

Yeah I remember this, I love this scene, and you did a pretty good job recreating this ADHO15! pirate_thumbup.gif I like the smoothness of the curved platform, and the cylindrical structure is quite good too. Best of luck in the contest.

Thank you very much for your kind comments, everyone! They mean a lot to me. :sweet:

The only tiny thing I suggest changing is puting tiles under the quarter-cylinder pieces, but with studs or 1x1 plates to hold it in the right position.

Of course. I might give that a go and try to take some better pics too.

Now, give me that Jango figure! :vader:

Never! :laugh:

Edited by ADHO15

Great choice of scene, this was one of the ones I was considering too - lovely scene from EPII. And very well made, I love the design. Beautiful MOC :wink:

Great entry, ADHO15! ) :thumbup:

One of the best scenes in the PT, and you've done it perfectly! I just love the way you did that pillar (tower, whatever it is), how detailed it is! :wub: Ind I find it pretty interesting that you've used parts of the droid gunship for the platform. The stickers work really well. :classic:

The dark water looks superb and really gives the impression of Camino storm. And the way you presented it is also superb!

Well done! ) :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Excellent MOC 'ADHO15' - lots of detail and though one thing missing - the stormy weather !

But in any case it's a great scene and I wish you luck !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Smooth, clean and well executed.

Best of luck.

Awesome vig, I love it. For some reason I thought the title said Boba, so I was happily surprised to see something different.

I love the position of both fig's, they are just movie perfect!

Again, thank you so much for all your comments. I really appreciate your compliments. :sweet:

Excellent MOC 'ADHO15' - lots of detail and though one thing missing - the stormy weather!

I know. :grin:

If I had more time and had more photo-editing skills or different materials to work with, I could maybe have presented it a little better. Still, the MOC's as good as I can make it. :classic:

Very nice, but I think it's missing the uneasy waters, which Kamino is known for.

Very nice, but I think it's missing the uneasy waters, which Kamino is known for.

Thanks, prateek, but it's not really supposed to be water, just an appropriate base. I mean the tower should be much taller and further away from the water, and the sea isn't lined with grey. I just thought it could give the impression of the sea being below, without actually trying to be the sea. :sweet:

Very nice! Instantly recognizable and well built. I agree with the criticisms above, especially the one to have water instead of the base. I know the platform is far above the water, but perhaps it could be micro-scale so as to create a forced perspective. Of course it would have also been nice if you could have done it so that the wire comes from Jango's hand, but I realize how that would be difficult. Another idea would be to have a Kaminoan inside the column, just to make it more interesting, but looking at the holes on the side of the platform, this MOC wasn't really meant to be viewed from that angle.

Good luck, and may the force be with you!

Very nice! Instantly recognizable and well built. I agree with the criticisms above, especially the one to have water instead of the base. I know the platform is far above the water, but perhaps it could be micro-scale so as to create a forced perspective. Of course it would have also been nice if you could have done it so that the wire comes from Jango's hand, but I realize how that would be difficult. Another idea would be to have a Kaminoan inside the column, just to make it more interesting, but looking at the holes on the side of the platform, this MOC wasn't really meant to be viewed from that angle.

Good luck, and may the force be with you!

Thank you very much, Oky. :classic:

If I had more time and parts, I'd certainly attempt making the base more 'realistic'. I might still try it and update the MOC once the contest is over. Thanks for the suggestion!

That would be difficult, not only for supporting Obi-Wan and keeping Jango on the platform, but also because the string is too long. Raising the base higher would make it more unstable, so I thought this would be a sufficient solution.

Not really, but the holes aren't just the result of shoddy gap-filling. The way the platform parts are arranged means that the studs don't line up, and so bricks cannot fit the gaps. A Kaminoan is a good idea, but I didn't want to overdo the MOC with too much detail. It has no importance to this scene, either, so could be a bit of irrelevant work.

I appreciate your criticisms and will work on them in the future. :sweet: