Sign in to follow this  
Swiss Army Droid

Havoc on Hoth

Here is my humble entry to the Epic Scenes contest: Havoc on Hoth! If you are unfarmiliar with the battle of Hoth then you can watch these videos

eb1.jpg

I knew right away that I wanted to do a Hoth scene since it is the 30th aniversery of The Empire Strikes Back but I knew that there would be many other Hoth-based entries. I tried to make mine different by putting a more artistic feel to the vig instead of just having some minifigs shooting each other on a baseplate. I tried to take all of the major aspects of the battle of Hoth and put them in a Vignette.

By the way the grey baseplate isn't part of the model. It was in the rules that if your entry uses SNOT then you have to put it on a baseplate.

eb2.jpg

This part of the Vignette represents the battle from the Rebel's trenches. I also have an AT-AT with Luke dangling from it. The AT-AT was meant to be a fun looking support beam for the upper level of the Vignette, then I added the greebles in later and thought that since I had the underside of an AT-AT I should include Luke. I improvised a lot on these minifigs and I'm sorry. I simply don't own most of the figs I needed for this. Also in this picture you can catch a glimpse of my mini snowspeeder. If you follow the link at the bottom of the post you can see more pictures of it along with many others.

eb3.jpg

This is one of my favorite parts of the Vignette: The AT-AT head. In front of it is the remains of the Imiperial Probe Droid, the droid that started the battle. Also if you look toward the bottom you can see a microscale sheild generator being blown up.

eb4.jpg

Here is the control room in Echo Base after the Snowtroopers broke in. Again I am forced to improvise the minifigs since I don't own any of the Hoth rebels. Also you can see the Bacta tank toward the back.

eb5.jpg

This is supposed to be one of the many hallways in Echo Base that the characters are seen running through. I kind of like my improvised Han Solo. You can also see toward the back that he is running from Darth Vader :vader: !

Thanks for reading and good luck to all Epic Scenes contestants! Also plese visit this link to see more pictures of my entry: More Pictures!!!!!

It's a nice MOC, but I think it's a little cramped. If it were in medium, it would be a lot better- but I guess it's a little late.

It's a good entry, though I'm not so sure about the 'epicness' of the scene, it's not as memorable as the other epic SW scenes. But still, the build is pretty decent, lots of stuff going on there... Well, good luck in the contest Swiss Army Droid.

You have alot of scenes crammed on a tiny baseplate which makes it look to crammed but it also shows how skillful you are at making very small detailed things.

Entry has been indexed.

A lot of action going on in this one.

I must agree it is a little cramped, but I applaud you for doing more of an a stract vig. I like all the different scenes you managed to cram into this entry.

Wowwww:D:D

:thumbup::wink:

Please refrain from bumpin' topics with such comments.

When bumpin' a topic you need to add something of relevance and not just chat-text.