Sign in to follow this  
AoNZ

Geonosis Epic Battle

Well I was going to do a medium scene until I ran out of bricks and brought it down to small.

I'm sure all of you are familiar with this scene in the second movie.

I'm surprised that no one has done this scene as this has to be one of the most Epic scenes in the Star Wars movies with a whole lot of Jedi beating up battle droids, what more can you ask for?

Reference picture:

750px-Jedi_circle.jpg

This is before all the mayhem that follows :classic:

Obi-wan challenges Dooku who just looks down on him in disgrace.

4741606636_5dbb8b0b5f_b.jpg

Side angle of Jedi's kicking battle droids

4740970455_20cb11a000_b.jpg

Other side with Aayla using some unruly moves

4740968775_38d007f77e_b.jpg

High Angle

4740967461_39f883f67e_b.jpg

Well that is all and I wish that I had Genosians and other Jedi's to fill in the gaps but a Bricklink order would not arrive in time.

Enjoy and constructive criticism welcome.

Edited by AoNZ

This is a pretty nice entry AoNZ. Though it would have been much much better if you did a larger scale version of this one. I know you have limited parts but it would have been really epic if you were able to amass a large number of jedi (20 would be fine) surrounded by lots and lots of BDs, SBDs, and Droidekas. Your entry is like just a small chunk of the whole epic scene, I only see 4 jedi and 4 BDs. Though I still commend you for your idea.

PS. I also noticed, I believe Aayla was not wearing a cape at that scene, it was Plo who should have worn that brown cape.

Yes I wish I could have upscaled but I am lacking a lot of dark tan parts hence the gap in the corner.

I was tempted to chuck a whole lot of jedi in there as well but it looked too cluttered so had to remove some.

Going through my Lego collection I was surprised at the lack of Jedi I have.

Yoda and Mace were all my remaining Jedi.

Yes I wish I could have upscaled but I am lacking a lot of dark tan parts hence the gap in the corner.

I was tempted to chuck a whole lot of jedi in there as well but it looked too cluttered so had to remove some.

Going through my Lego collection I was surprised at the lack of Jedi I have.

Yoda and Mace were all my remaining Jedi.

Yeah I understand you. It's just a shame that you didn't have enough parts, if you did I'm sure you'll be able to do an epic entry. I, personally, have also wanted to recreate this scene, I have enough jedi but also don't have enough tan parts for the base and other structures, not to mention a whole bunch of BDs/SBDs. Well, best of luck in the contest my friend!

Nice entry.

I've added it to the index.

Best of luck.

I hate to sound harsh, but compared to the reference picture, this is a bit of a let down. I was looking forward to 6+ Jedi in a circle, but I uderstand the size restraints. I just wish you would have gone medium.

Sorry guys.

You don't know how much I would have loved to do a medium entry but thanks for your understanding.

Well I hope to make something bigger in the future but for now this is all I got.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope to produce something bigger in the future (maybe like the reference pic but I worry it may look cluttered)