Sign in to follow this  
Joebot

[Comic] Unlikely Society -- Chapter 29

Hey everyone,

Just finished up a new chapter of The Unlikely Society, my ongoing Lego superhero comic. This chapter begins a new story that explores the origins of Mr. Fister. The group also gets yet-another new teammate, and he's ... less than enthusiastic about it, given the fate of past new teammates.

chap29teaser.jpg

I also posted some other updates on my website -- some pictures of my town's fitness club (previously posted on Eurobricks here), and some pictures of the Commander Awesome's high-tech fighter plane -- the AwesomeJet.

As always, thanks for reading, and please let me know what you think!

-Joebot

Nice issue ! I see someone's been buying a lot of egyptian related things. Those mummy studio sets can get addictive :laugh:

Great job as always, Joebot! Can't wait to read next issue :thumbup:

I just reread the last issue about a day before this one was released, since I was really missing these comics and I couldn't stand the wait (and I had really enjoyed the last issue...).

Anyway, this one was also very good! I haven't been in love with any of the stories since N-Vasion, not to say that I don't enjoy them, just the entire story-arcs have been too short to really dig into, but the Commander Awesome story really interested me, and the fact that he's still around makes me really happy. He adds a really nice demension to the comic, the super-heros hiding in fear makes me happy, and the fact that T-Man is still out of it is cool, I hate watching anoter team over-shadow the Unlikely society!

I'm also happy that we're getting back to fister. Cloe and Holy has simply been getting too much attention these last few stories. Not that I don't like them as characters, but I miss our favorite Robot, and our favorite Seastar. Fister in particular has been pushed to the side I've noted, so I'm super thankful you brought him back. There is a team of 5... well, now 6, and I hope that you don't fall in love with one character so much that you forget the others.

Finally, if there is any new super-addition to the team that I've wanted to survive, it is Tutrle Fellow. Please consider keeping him around, the team will become stale if you don't add in SOMEONE at SOME POINT.

Thanks for a great read, as always Joebot! I hope that my comments help you as a writer, it's how we grow, and I hope you keep it up. Unlikely Society is definantly one of my favorite comics, and I am always looking forward to the next episode. Keep it up, and if you can, speed it up :wink: . You always leave me wanting more!

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone!

I'm also happy that we're getting back to fister. Cloe and Holy has simply been getting too much attention these last few stories. Not that I don't like them as characters, but I miss our favorite Robot, and our favorite Seastar. Fister in particular has been pushed to the side I've noted, so I'm super thankful you brought him back. There is a team of 5... well, now 6, and I hope that you don't fall in love with one character so much that you forget the others.

It is difficult sometimes to make sure everyone on the team has enough to do and say. You're right that Mr. Fister and Joebot have been getting relatively little screentime lately. They actually have a fun team-up a few episodes down the road.

Finally, if there is any new super-addition to the team that I've wanted to survive, it is Tutrle Fellow. Please consider keeping him around, the team will become stale if you don't add in SOMEONE at SOME POINT.

That's a great point, and I totally agree. There are some big changes to the team lineup coming in the next story arc. You'll also be happy to hear that it's a longer story -- probably 5 or 6 issues, it looks like (I haven't finished writing it yet). This stuff with Commander Awesome is going to come to a head.

Thanks for a great read, as always Joebot! I hope that my comments help you as a writer, it's how we grow, and I hope you keep it up. Unlikely Society is definantly one of my favorite comics, and I am always looking forward to the next episode. Keep it up, and if you can, speed it up :wink: . You always leave me wanting more!

Absolutely! I've been writing professionally for 15 years now, so I'm pretty thick-skinned about criticism. You have to be, or else you go crazy! I always appreciate your comments and feedback.