Sign in to follow this  
MightySlickPancake

MOC: Class 08 Diesel

traintech1.jpg

Hello fellow Eurobrickers.

Today I have finished one of those builds that have been hanging around for about a year - yeah you know the ones :sceptic: .

I have for you the class 08Shunter. This is a popular design and I thought I might try one myself. So here I go.

01.jpg

Front shot.

02.jpg

Right side

03.jpg

Cab front

04.jpg

Drivers side

05.jpg

Left side

06.jpg

Front left

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

can you spot the button for the battery box and IR reciver?

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

23.jpg

Cab light on.

25.jpg

Front lights on.

Overall, I think it well worked, but my rubbish technic skills make the loco wobble slightly :hmpf_bad:.

This is a working loco using PF.

my brickshelf gallery here(when moderated).

Thanks for reading and I hope you like it.

Regards, cb

That looks amazing. I like the fact you have gone for an early all black one too. My only nit is that it would be perfect if it had the outside frames, I'm sure it should be possible in eight wide.

I really like the look you've achieved here.

The IR sensor is pretty tucked away and only visible through a 1x2 slot. Have you noticed any impact on the response?

I presume there is an XL motor tucked away in the cab is that correct?

Nice work packing all the PF gear in.

Very nice shunter 'crabboy329' - great trim job with thin hose, 2x1 grills and car doors !

Excellent design job and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I really like the way you modeled this engine although it's very ugly (I mean the original design :)). I like the work!

Hi guys thanks for the nice comments :thumbup: .

@talltim, I had tried it before and wasnt easy. The main problem was when i was trying to do the bit around the wheels. But i will try it again at another stage.

@Cooper, The IR sensor is almost the same and is only sometimes unresponsive but not significantly. The inclusion of the PF was the hardest bit as there isnt much room so i have used a m sized motor.

@lightningtiger, Really I though it was rubbish as a first real attempt :tongue: .

@broomhandle, There is a blurry picture of the underneath of the engine showing the cogs on my brickshelf account. I will try to get more inside pics when i have the time.

@Fistach, I thought its uglyness was its beauty - no just me, ah well :wacko:.

@Bricktrix, What how dare you accuse me of copying - only joking. You have been a great inspiration i hope you like it.

Thanks,cb

Edited by crabboy329

Crabby, your not the only one, I love it for its ugliness also.

Its nice to know I inspired you, thats one big reason I enjoy posting pictures up, although its also nice to be given the appropriate credit for the design source :wink:

And yes I do like your build, a lot, nice to see it in black and with working lights. My next version was going to be a PF one, (have to use them sometime I suppose)in dark green, but am still waiting for some of the parts to become more readily available in that colour.

Nice design 'Crabboy' and 'Bricktrix' (I understand credit should be given where it's due). pirate_thumbup.gif I love the clever use of the rubber band, first time I saw it used in that way.

Well done, CB. The BR Class 08 shunters were once the most popular locomotives used by BR. Yet there are still a few left today.