Sign in to follow this  
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Emporer Palpatine's Throne-Darth Vader vs Luke Skywalker

The whole thing:

4727314475_e04036fb45.jpg

As you can see, the three 16x8 baseplates side-by-side prove the area.

The Emporer watches on as son takes on father.

4727960678_7ec807541d.jpg

Luke defeats Vader in battle, but the good in him stops him from turning to the dark side:

4727959822_2e47e256ef.jpg

The Emperor tortures Luke with his Force lighting while his father looks on:

4727959020_27a2938a44.jpg

Vader, now Anakin again, reconciles and sacrifices himself to save his son and the galaxy:

4727959412_f5801f9b52.jpg

There are really a lot of excellent large entries out there, but I had a lot of fun building this and I think it's pretty damn epic. I will be done with my medium entry soon, and have learned a lot from this contest. Thank you for all C&C, I had a lot of fun, and I'm posting this even though I know I won't win.

Enjoy!

Edited by ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Awesome job so far! One thing I'd do to this is to make the top level a bit bigger, so there's more room for Palpy's throne. Just look at LSW2 for reference. I played this level today, and that's the only thing that is different :thumbup:

Awesome job so far! One thing I'd do to this is to make the top level a bit bigger, so there's more room for Palpy's throne. Just look at LSW2 for reference. I played this level today, and that's the only thing that is different :thumbup:

I would, but the throne room is huge! I wanted to focus more on the duel part (which mostly takes place on the lower level), and I don;t have any more space to add anything. Maybe a mod could change the title to "The Emperor's Throne Room-Darth Vader vs. Luke Skywalker" to clear that up.

Great construction so far 'ThatGutWithTheBricks'! pirate_thumbup.gif Can't wait to see the finished product.

This is finished, I just wanted light to take the final pics.

I would, but the throne room is huge! I wanted to focus more on the duel part (which mostly takes place on the lower level), and I don;t have any more space to add anything. Maybe a mod could change the title to "The Emperor's Throne Room-Darth Vader vs. Luke Skywalker" to clear that up.

OK, in I understand. In that case, this is awesome! :grin:

Nice work.

Thanks for adding the baseplate picture, makes it soo much easier to count the studs :laugh:

Best of luck.

Looks great, I see you based it off of the SW LEGO game, as it looks almost identical.

I like how you showed the story as well.