Sign in to follow this  
Tycho McKorley

Fortress Redband

Hello Eurobricks/Classic-Pirates,

This is my first post on this message board so if I break any normal conventions typical to this site please forgive me.

I recently finished photographing a large fortress I made last summer. I have named it Fortress Redband because of the red band that encompasses the fort just below its crenellations.

Anyway, here are some pictures (note that the pictures are links to larger images):

12.jpg_thumb.jpg

This is just a general front shot of the fortress.

18.jpg_thumb.jpg

And here's a general picture from the back.

54.jpg_thumb.jpg

One of my favorite rooms is the dining hall.

57.jpg_thumb.jpg

I also like the kitchen (with the woman screaming because of a mouse).

89.jpg_thumb.jpg

The prison is also a favorite of mine.

I tried to include a lot of details like pirates running from soldiers, monkeys in trees, and more. Let me know what you think. I'd love recommendations for improvement (although at this point I think I'll just tear the fort down and try harder next time). Thanks for reading most post and expect to see much more of me soon.

Here are links to the fort's Brickshelf and Flickr folders:

Brickshelf

Flickr

I recommend visiting the Flickr page because I went a little crazy with photographing this thing and it doesn't fit well on Brickshelf.

-Tycho McKorley

Edit: Shoot, I posted this in the wrong forum. Would and administrator or moderator please be kind enough to move it for me?

Edited by Tycho McKorley

And add detials you did! This is really really well done.

Your attention to detail inside makes this a joy to look at.

Keep ypour eye on www.classic-pirates.com you'll be seeing this there soon.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I thik mty favorite part has to be the pirates getting chased in the tunnel

That one is always a hit whenever I show my creation to somebody.

Keep ypour eye on www.classic-pirates.com you'll be seeing this there soon.

I really look forward to that!

I see Big Cam has beaten me to blog it. :pir-tongue:

So all what's left for me is to move this topic to the MOC-forum.

This fort is amazing, it is very detailed and all round just a very good build!

I also like the studs I see everywhere, it gives the MOC that nice classic feeling. :thumbup:

This fort looks like it is solid as a rock, and hard, if not impossible, to conquer.

Good job and keep building! :pir-sweet:

Welcome to Eurobricks! Your MOC is awesome!

So large and with so many details :thumbup: I especially like the small cannons, the dining table and the ghosts :pir-classic:

Great job!

amazing awesomeness... i really dig this. thx for posting... massice moc but still ver detailed... :pir_yoda: the force was with you!

Great at all! :thumbup: I really like all those details packed in..... :pir-wub:

Welcome. I love the fort! The design style is very nice and the amount of details in this creation are awesome! Are you a pirate fan or is this just a singular creation you had to make? Either way, it is most excellent! pirate_thumbup.gif

I am indeed a pirate fan although Castle is my first love (blasphemy, I know). I figure that this fortress is a good hybridization between the two themes.

I am indeed a pirate fan although Castle is my first love (blasphemy, I know). I figure that this fortress is a good hybridization between the two themes.

Hey, im a cross builder too. As long as no M#g@3l#*** garbage gets in there Im fine!

My main focus is on castle/pirate, which I often have integrated.(with a few ninjas in the background).

...and then i also do starwars. Those are the priority lego stuff for me... :pir_yoda:

Anyways, i like it! :thumbup: My favorite is the dining room, and there's that hat sitting on a rack, or is it a candle/light-fixture?

Welcome aboard! Arrg!

Ohh, and I forgot,....Another great fort, for us Redcoats. That makes it even better! :thumbup:

Really awesome from beginning to end, every bit of it is detailed. Looks awesome! Thanks for posting this up.

Ohh, and I forgot,....Another great fort, for us Redcoats. That makes it even better! :thumbup:

You know Skalldyr, I must agree with you there. Perhaps Tycho Mckorley is a Redcoat under those blue wizard robes. :pir-laugh:

This is indeed an excellent fortress, all the details in it really make it stand out. :thumbup: One of the many features that stood out to me was your technique for the partially submerged crocodile, I might have to borrow that sometime. :pir-grin:

Your fort will also be a fun challenge when we Bluecoats decide to capture it. :cannon:

I'd love recommendations for improvement

I could stay thousands of years looking at every detail of the MOC :pir-oh: , and I can bet that there is nothing else to improve :pir-cry_happy:

This MOC should staying in a museum, is completely amazing

Such....high...levels....of...detail...words...failing! But in all seriousness, excellent work on this mate, and the pirates in the tunnel about made em fall out of my chair laughing. Good work :thumbup:

the pirates in the tunnel about made em fall out of my chair laughing.

Well thank you. That part is always a hit when I display it in real life.

Great breathtaking MOC mate, 11/10! I'm truly impressed with the details, so I got to come back several times to this :)