Algernon

Any musically talented folks on here?

I got my triple diploma at my school when I was 15-19. That was in cello, piano and singing. I also play bass guitar in a band with my mates. I never really took any exams for bass because for me it's all about fun. ;)

Played alto sax for two years, snare for one (grade skool to Jr. High). Currently playing/learning acoustic 1975 Yamaha YF-75, electric 2010 Ibanez GiO, and 70's Kalamazoo bass guitar. Plan to get cheap drum set in the future. I can also sing, I wouldn't say Idol worthy, but have a decent range of pitches as well as a good ability to closely match voices from vocalists to cartoon characters. Although my instrument of choice is the car; play that thing like a bat outa hell! :grin:

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

Could say so, I'm playing piano and electric guitar.

Guitar I only rather recently started, but I am quite good at the piano which I've played for more than 7 years now, I think. It's hard to keep track.

Music is great.

Enpaz

:classic:

Hmm, calling it a "talent" is a bit of stretch, but I love playing the violin for fun. I stopped taking formal lessons ten years ago (stopped at ABRSM Grade 5, Disntinction!) but made up my mind never to lose my touch, and to keep playing whatever music I like. It tends to be music from movies and musicals - Disney songs pop up pretty often.

Here are some links to some of my violin videos on YouTube. The earlier ones have horrible sound quality because I was using my camera to record it; the current ones are recorded with a proper microphone.

Would really love to hear any comments!

Time to revive this thread! :laugh:

Music has been very important for me since I was a child and I think the soundtracks from the Star Wars (my god, I remember the first time I heard duel of the fates...) and Disney movies (Hunchback of the Notre Dame etc.) have had the most influence upon me. I however vowed not to take music classes until I reached a certain form of maturity and was certain of my decision. (I have known many people that played an instrument as a child and got sick of it by their teenage years.)

Eventually, I chose to begin my music 'career' at the final year of secondary school. I wanted to be able to play the piano, violin and (military) drum in the following years, and piano seemed like the best option to start with. I always liked that a piano makes the sound you want to hear by pressing the key instead of wrestling to make the sound clear. (Flute, violin,...)

Well despite all odds I was able to play 'comptine d'un autre été' by Yann Tiersen by the end of the year on my proclamation. (audience of 400+ , an anmazing experience I'll never forget. Most couldn't believe it was my first year of piano. :grin: )

I'm now in my second year of piano and music theory. (Ended as the first of the class for theory with 94% :sweet: ) I'm mostly playing with I define as 'epic' music: powerful, honest music that plays deeply on our emotions.

I do not like songs that are pretending to be like those like 'sad music made for the sole purpose of sobbing'. :tongue:

Recently, I've begun recording my songs and these are the only two uploaded so far:

Songs that I'll upload soon: Yiruma - River flows in you / John Williams - Battle of the heroes / ...

I've also started composing recently and have more or less finished a piece. The hardest part however is to find an appropriate name for the song! :laugh:

Life has a funny way of turning out since I'm now planning to go to the conservatory in a few years, training my music theory in the meantime. I'm planning on learning to play the violin in a year or so and I've also began experimenting with a flute and a melodica I got from my family. :laugh: I hope to make some brickfilms that incorporate my music aswell.

That's it for now but I'll let you know when I've uploaded something new. (Or you can always subsribe to my youtube channel! :wink: )

Gaetano

I have played Piano for about 10 years, drums for around 8 and I have picked up electric bass in the last few months. I am planning on doing a music related course at Uni. Music has had a profound effect on me.

Guess I should chip in too.....

gig.jpg

Alright, alright, quit laughing... yes that's me in the middle... it's the best photo I have.... and I know the venue looks daft too, but we just don't have any proper venues round our way, so pubs it is....

http://www.youtube.com/liarsdicemusic

A link to our youtube page....

Well, I say our... this band's dead now.... but still, no harm in still feeling a bit proud!!!

Edited by johnny cogs

Can't believe I missed this thread! Music is my first love, maybe even bigger than my love for Lego so that says alot. :tongue:

I started playing trombone but only did that for about a year, I loved the instrument (still do) and I was pretty good at it but it just didn't feel right. About the same time I picked up my dad's classical guitar and started learning myself some tunes.

After a year I bought my first electric guitar, an Epiphone SG and started to follow lessons for it.

Now I'm in my second year, I play on a Fender Jaguar, a Fender accoustic and the old classical guitar which it all started with.

Also I'm learning myself piano, harmonica, keyboard, and I'm going to play Bass guitar and the ukelele. I sing but only out of necessity, I'm not that good of a singer.

I love composing music myself and covering other people's work.

Some of my tunes:

Falling Leaves

Riding

Give Me TIme

And some covers with a twist:

Pokerface

God Save The Queen

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by dr jones

Let's see...I started out playing piano, which I played for about three years. I then quite piano and moved onto guitar. Which I've now been playing for about three years as well. I'm in the youth band at my church and we've already given one performance and we're going to be giving another on here soon. Sometime in the next couple of months we're going to open for a band at their concert.

Already got one. :wink:

My definition: To play a musical instrument is to be able to get sound out of it. So I can play any one of them. :laugh:

Oh, you mean to play well? Let's see, I've been playing trumpet since 5th grade and would say I'm pretty good at it. And that's about it.

I play jazz/lead trumpet as well as jazz flugelhorn. I play semi-professionally and attend jam sessions in the Detroit area at local clubs.

Edited by DetroitBricks

Sorry for bumping this one, and it seems ths makes it a double post as well. :look:

But I came up with two songs I felt I needed to share, If it's not appropriate to do this, please let me know, and I won't do it anymore.

But here they are:

One's a cover of the late Hendrix.

Little wing

And the other's an original.

Izabella blues

All instruments are played by me, and I hope to make a lego videoclip for the latter some day. :wink:

I play bass badly in a punk band called "A New Hope". I have played in a lot of hardcore punk and ska bands since I was a kid. I also play trumpet and trombone.

I used to play viola (larger version of a violin with different strings, basically, for those who aren't familiar with it), but I quit some time ago. Now I play piano on occasion and sing when I think no one is listening. :blush: Sometime in the future I would like to learn bass/guitar.

I've been making electronic music since the early 90s; a couple of bands (one was featured on an Electric Ballroom compilation here in the Uk along with Depeche Mode, Killing Joke, Ultraviolence and others) and now I'm doing solo stuff.

http://redjackal.bandcamp.com/

I have my own studio here in Scotland with a 24 track digital recording setup, various programs, a bucketload of VSTis, and some hardware synths & samplers.

I play trumpet and guitar, both of which I would say I'm pretty good at. ;) For guitar, I like playing instrumental rock. :D

I can play the piano, coustic guitar, and the ukulele. I also can still play the recorder from elementary school from way back when. If that counts. :grin:

I've played drums, bass, acoustic guitar, and electric guitar live. Have tried my hand at recording and producing a bit, but I'm still quite a newbie. Wrote a number of songs as well and I like to think that I can sing. :blush: