Sign in to follow this  
Brickdoctor

[MOC] UCS Alpha-3 Nimbus Interceptor

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Again, built for a contest on MOCpages, but due to a family issue not finished on time for the contest. :cry_sad:

1276877541m_DISPLAY.jpg

This MOC is the product of 3 years worth of building (and scraping :devil: ) while on MOCpages. It includes every major technique I've used, including suspension, Technic, rubber bands, and illegal connections. It's also my first venture into the use of Bionicle elements. :sweet: My only gripe is that in order to make the 'wings' the right shape and size, I had to eliminate the connection that allowed the solar panels to fold. :angry:

Finished June 2009.

See more on MOCpages.

C&C welcome.

that is just amazing, you caught the detail right on and congrates on such great work

Wow, another majestic MOC brickdoctor! pirate_thumbup.gif The ship is really smooth and sleek-looking. Everything about it looks perfect.

Just a question, what do you mean by "illegal connections"? From the word illegal I'm thinking glue?! Or just some type of unconventional building technique?

Wow, another majestic MOC brickdoctor! pirate_thumbup.gif The ship is really smooth and sleek-looking. Everything about it looks perfect.

Just a question, what do you mean by "illegal connections"? From the word illegal I'm thinking glue?! Or just some type of unconventional building technique?

It means attaching a clip to something other than a bar, like a plate or another clip.

AWESOME 'Brickdoctor' a really AWESOME V-wing ! :vader:

Studs hidden and stacks of tiles, very smooth ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

:oh:

Now thats amazing!

Though the cocpit looks a bit odd but its hard the build a brickbuilt airtight cocpit.

So overall great MOC of a cool but less known ship, Well done!

Holy cow, I actually thought for a second that this could be an offical UCS A-wing, it looks so good.pirate_thumbup.gif

I love the wings!

I actually thought for a second that this could be an offical UCS A-wing,

I would have too IF it was an A-wing and not a V-wing :grin:

Anyone else here think this looks a little stubby?

Stubby or not, this is incredible! I admire those who take risks with LEGO to make fantastic MOCs. The wings look perfect.

They may fold in the video games but in the movie they just pivot, so there really isn't any need to have them do that... even if it looks cool. It would be like trying to get a UCS Delta-7 Aethersprite to do this...

Wow. I am impressed. It's a shame that you didn't enter this in the contest. The only thing I'd change is to put something on the sides of the canopy, so it's not just the thing over the cockpit, but on the sides too :classic:

Wow. I am impressed. It's a shame that you didn't enter this in the contest. The only thing I'd change is to put something on the sides of the canopy, so it's not just the thing over the cockpit, but on the sides too :classic:

I kind of - uh - ran out of clicky hinges. I abhor clicky hinges and avoid them whenever possible, yet when I needed them for some reason I seem to have lost all of one half and not the other. :hmpf_bad:

Never heard of this site, but they blogged me.

The text translates to,

MOCpages user "Brickdoctor" takes out all the techniques he is able to create this model of a ship taken from the Star Wars universe.