Sign in to follow this  
Legoman

'I beleive they think I am some sort of god' - Endor Capture

G'day folks. Been working on this for quite a while, and been continually putting a lot of work into it. Please let me know what you think.

I chose this scene because

A) It's Epic! Who know adults (and a Wookie!) could be captured and nearly eaten by a mob of teddybears?

B) I love endor. Prehaps it may be somthing to do with the forest, as I am a proud kiwi, But Endor has always had a place in my heart.

C) I've always wanted and excuse to Build up a decent Endor MOC.

I'm quite proud of this MOC, and hope you all like it. I'm aware it probably isn't perfect, so any comments/suggestions will definately be put to mind as MOD's (I'm already undering some MOD's as this is posted)

endor1medium.jpg

endor2medium.jpg

endor4medium.jpg

endor6medium.jpg

endor8medium.jpg

Current (3rd version) Folder

2nd Version Folder

Original Folder

Hope you all like it. Once again, Comments/Suggestions welcome.

Edited by Legoman

WHOA! oh2.gif That's a great looking MOC Legoman, very impressive! pirate_thumbup.gif The tree is SOOO TALLLL, like a skycraper in the middle of the forest... And I love how you did the Endor forest greeneries,...

Just a few suggestions:

1. The surface of the tree body seems to be a little smooth than what it should be, maybe you could make the surface a little rougher-looking? A few studs here and there in the tree bark might solve that.

2. The 'upward bridge' where the ewoks are transposrting Luke seem to be incomplete? I think it would look better if you could find a way to connect that bridge to the upper floor where C3-PO is.

Still, I must say you have a great chance in the competition with this entry, good luck!

Edited by KielDaMan

Looks really cool and its definitely a unique scene to do.

I agree with KielDaMan in that the tree does look a bit bland. Maybe adding a few branches and greebles will go along way. I think the bridge definitely needs to be complete and then I think the bridge would look really cool and I like your custom Luke. Maybe if you get more space on the bridge you should add Han as well.

If you improved those two thing I reckon would will have a really top notch MOC. Good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks guys.

I Know the tree is a tad bland, I've got plans to add a lot. I just made a bricklink order for heaps of brown plates ad bricks and greenery. The tree itself won't change much, But I'll be adding some leaves and making the village multi-leveled.

As for the bridge, thats actully supposed to be two seperate parts of the MOC :wink:

Hopefully once the order arrives I can complete things a little bit :sweet:

That is Massive, and really just outstanding!

I know its no reason but the chrome c3po really helps make it look awesome.

OH *oh2* The competition in Medium is really heating up.

That is Massive, and really just outstanding!

I know its no reason but the chrome c3po really helps make it look awesome.

Cheer's Big Cam :classic: I knew the Chrome 3PO would just add that little bit, so there wasn't a question seeing as I already had it.

Keep the comments coming guys!

Wow great MOC!

And I can't wait to see you make the village ''multileveleled''!

I agree that at the moment the tree is a bit bland and a bit more dark orange in random spots would IMO hekp alot :classic:

That;s incredible! The tree is huge, and the detail is amasing! The gold 3P0 fits very will here. Nice work!

Nice work Legoman.

That's one tall tree if I ever saw one.

Great pick of epic scene.

Wow great MOC!

And I can't wait to see you make the village ''multileveleled''!

I agree that at the moment the tree is a bit bland and a bit more dark orange in random spots would IMO hekp alot :classic:

Thanks :sweet: I hope I'm able to do the village - my bricklink order is yet to arrive. :sceptic:

That;s incredible! The tree is huge, and the detail is amasing! The gold 3P0 fits very will here. Nice work!

Thanks for the encouragement there mate :classic:

Nice work Legoman.

That's one tall tree if I ever saw one.

Great pick of epic scene.

Cheers Kim.

Any more C/C peoples? I really want that to be perfect? The main thing I currently have noted is to add more Grebling to the tree. What else? Thanks guys :sweet:

I didn't see Chewbacca in there. He was there and tied up too.

Excellent entry and I am amazed at how tall the tree is. However in the second picture there is a Grey branch which looks bad among all the greenary so I recomend you remove that.

Anyway good luck.

Excellent entry and I am amazed at how tall the tree is. However in the second picture there is a Grey branch which looks bad among all the greenary so I recomend you remove that.

Anyway good luck.

Thanks for that. It's things like that that really help, as once Someone sees somthing, My eyes are opened to it too. There are actully a few Grey leaves out and about, but they came out better - the one you mention definately sticks out too much. Thanks for the pointer.

Chewie Was going to be there, But I didn't in the end due to two reasons:

A)I couldn't find a way to 'tie him up' that looked quite right

B) Not enough space

I may try squeeze him in when I update it. Cheers guys

It's a good scene and a good start Legoman, but I think a few things could be done a bit better.

Firstly, I understand what you're doing with the cut-off bridges, but I'm just not sure that it works so well. The lower one is ok, but the upper one that hangs down looks more unfinished than intentionally cut-off.

Secondly, I think the shrubbery on the floor is also lacking. On Endor, I don't remember seeing hardly any mud, it being almost completely covered with greenery. I think adding more shrubbery would certainly help, as well as some green plates underneath. Also, the large flowers are not really fitting in in my mind. They look far too cartoony and alien to fit on Endor, which basically just looks like a real-world Earth forest.

I hope these suggestions help you out.

Very nice. the vegetation looks great, and WOW that is a big tree! one thing though, This would be an outstanding entry if you could add to the crown of the tree. some more foliage on top of the tree would be excellent.

Alrighty folks, My bricklink order arrived. It's nearly done, But I'm finding the crown somewhat hard to make look bigger and be decent. I'll go find some inspraction :sweet:

Pic's will be up in the next couple of days

Alright guys, Sorry for the double post, but I'm finished and updated the pic's. Please let me know what you think.

I have tried to incorperate all the suggestions that have been made, After all, You're the voter's :classic:

Alright guys, Sorry for the double post, but I'm finished and updated the pic's. Please let me know what you think.

I have tried to incorperate all the suggestions that have been made, After all, You're the voter's default_classic.gif

Now that's better. It's a good thing you incorporated all the suggestions we've made. The tree looks better now (the addition of more leaves at the top and at the bark). Overall, I'd say it's pretty good and you have a good chance in the contest. Best of luck 'Legoman'!

Looks great a true contender for first place so far. :thumbup:

I still think it could be improved by making the spiral staircase run all the way down the tree to the ground so it actually looks like the Ewoks with Luke and R2 actually have some place to go.

I still think it could be improved by making the spiral staircase run all the way down the tree to the ground so it actually looks like the Ewoks with Luke and R2 actually have some place to go.

But they are following the track! (AKA - I don't have enough of the right pieces :tongue: ) EDIT: I'm giving it a go now. Argh you've made me take apart my beloved MMV :sing: /Edit

I did attempt such things, But none of the looked quite right :sceptic:

Edited by Legoman

Alright, Done. Now if you're still not happy then please, get lost :laugh: (kidding, Of corse :wink: )

Here's a couple of pics to show you what I've done. Will be uploading full proper pic's tomorrow once I get some sleep :classic:

EDIT: Bad pictures removed - Check out first post for Current pictures /Edit/

Hope you like if folks, as this is probably (hopefully) the final version :sweet:

Edited by Legoman

Looks really nice now Legoman.

Thanks for taking my suggestions, it makes me feel special. :tongue:

Wow!

Now you definatly have a chance of winning!

I love the winding stairs and the path that the Ewoks are bringing luke on!

Great job :thumbup:

P.S. You have my vote!