Bonaparte

Major board upgrade

Is it really that big of a deal? We work hard on the graphics and I personally want people to see the designs. We have a different skin for each forum and I enjoy making them. Perhaps I'm being overly selfish by wanting people to see them. We have to mess with the software to make certain ones selectable and we're discussing what to do. Feedback is appreciated but try not to be too exasperated when you can't see your favorite skin on every board. We will listen to feedback and make what changes we feel necessary. Thanks.

Well I view all the designs anyway. I honestly loved being able to go backs and see some of the banners that have passed. It was also nice to be able to switch when ever I wanted. The Hero Factory one was dark and I couldn't see the login page easily and some other areas. I always do see the default theme when I'm not logged in. Sorry for being a bit rude but when I get something and get it taken away it's a bit aggravating. It'd be like Siegfried installing his new WIP feature then removing it. I was just nice to have a choice on what banner I had. Also I do spend most of my time on the forums that don't have a designated banner.

Well I view all the designs anyway. I honestly loved being able to go backs and see some of the banners that have passed. It was also nice to be able to switch when ever I wanted. The Hero Factory one was dark and I couldn't see the login page easily and some other areas. I always do see the default theme when I'm not logged in. Sorry for being a bit rude but when I get something and get it taken away it's a bit aggravating. It'd be like Siegfried installing his new WIP feature then removing it. I was just nice to have a choice on what banner I had. Also I do spend most of my time on the forums that don't have a designated banner.

Why view it as something getting taken away? It sounds like a kid whose favorite toy has been taken away.

You know these things last no more than a month? Life's long, a month of something different shouldn't be a bad thing :classic:

:tongue: Shhhh!

:wink: Well I suppose you like drawing attention to yourself? :grin:

I was just trying to make a point. Some features mean nothing to some members but are nearly invaluable to others.

Why view it as something getting taken away? It sounds like a kid whose favorite toy has been taken away.

You know these things last no more than a month? Life's long, a month of something different shouldn't be a bad thing :classic:

Because we were once able to have a choice and now we do not. Perhaps it was my favourite feature on EB? Couldn't that be classified as a toy? :grin:

Think of it as you are promoted and a month later demoted. Wouldn't it be better if you were never given the promotion?

When your used to the same banner for a few months it is quite different.

Edited by JCC1004

Think of it as you are promoted and a month later demoted. Wouldn't it be better if you were never given the promotion?

Sorry this is so important to you. We're certainly discussing all of the angles. Thanks for your feedback.

I like the banners changing, it gives variation to it. This new ones is really nice as well. The dark orange just matches Halloween and EB really nicely. I do like them changing for each season and I have no trouble reading the darker skins at all.

Great work on this skin Hinck! :thumbup:

I believe this one was done by Shadows and Hinckley... :look:

ugh. Fine Sieggy. Great work Shadows and Hinck! :thumbup:

P.S. Are you happy now? :tongue:

I like the banners changing, it gives variation to it. This new ones is really nice as well. The dark orange just matches Halloween and EB really nicely. I do like them changing for each season and I have no trouble reading the darker skins at all.

Great work on this skin Hinck! pirate_thumbup.gif

Same here, I like it too. It's nice to see the overall look of the site changing every once in a while. It just shows how EB is adapting to the season and isn't afraid to make some changes. I guess you just can't please everybody, like when I love this Halloween banner more than the Hero factory one.

I believe this one was done by Shadows and Hinckley... default_look.gif

Great work both of you guys! default_thumbup.gif Thanks for all the effort making the site look fresh.

Is it really that big of a deal? We work hard on the graphics and I personally want people to see the designs. We have a different skin for each forum and I enjoy making them. Perhaps I'm being overly selfish by wanting people to see them. We have to mess with the software to make certain ones selectable and we're discussing what to do. Feedback is appreciated but try not to be too exasperated when you can't see your favorite skin on every board. We will listen to feedback and make what changes we feel necessary. Thanks.

I must say that although I enjoy the new themes, the change is more jarring than a nice surprise. I suffer from depression at times, which makes me a bit grumpy when my routine is changed. I'm sure you've noticed many Lego fans are a touch OCD too, so if I told you seeing the winter theme all my Australian summer, and even worse the summer theme all winter feels odd to me, I'm sure you would understand. It's not the most pressing issue for me on Eurobricks, and I appreciate the work and personal investment that goes into the themes, but I'm sure if I with my mild mental issues would be thankful for a choice, there are probably others that it would be far more important for.

I think since everyone's asking so nicely, we will have to give the option back. Especially since it brings you all such joy. However, in the future, please try not to blame your depression on the EB graphics. :sweet: Thanks...

Not to make light of your condition, of course. I just have to say - you certainly pulled out all the stops. :blush:

Another board thingy:

When you look at the list of topics, beside the topi title is a line of numbers that are links to the pages of the topic. These numbers are always 1, 2, 3 and the (current) latest page. Now, I kind of like to follow a few threads, for example the SW 2011 news, which now says 1, 2, 3, 130. But I know I haven't read all of page 129 (or even 128!) and wonder if it is possible to change my personal settings or, if it is a good idea, change it all, to show in this case 1, 128, 129, 130. Of course the first page (well, first post anyway) is important, but the second and third not so much.

Thanks for your time reading this... :classic:

Now, I kind of like to follow a few threads, for example the SW 2011 news, which now says 1, 2, 3, 130. But I know I haven't read all of page 129 (or even 128!) and wonder if it is possible to change my personal settings or, if it is a good idea, change it all, to show in this case 1, 128, 129, 130.

It's possible, but I'd need to mod the board. Have you tried pressing the ->new_post.png<- button? That's supposed to take you to where you last read from.

Have you tried pressing the ->new_post.png<- button? That's supposed to take you to where you last read from.

Hey now, that's a nifty thing! I would so need the FBTB facepalm smiley right here:

Thanks, and sorry :hmpf:

I would so need the FBTB facepalm smiley right here:

Now that's something you need to work on Sieggy. :grin:

Hey now, that's a nifty thing! I would so need the FBTB facepalm smiley right here:

Thanks, and sorry :hmpf:

Not a prob... and we get a lot of requests for a facepalm. :laugh:

It's possible, but I'd need to mod the board. Have you tried pressing the ->new_post.png<- button? That's supposed to take you to where you last read from.

Serious? Same story with me. Palm my face, please!

Not a prob... and we get a lot of requests for a facepalm. :laugh:

I've been making some surprise new emoticons. Actually, I'm making them complicated to spell to encourage people to learn how to spell, but they're new regardless! I'll work on a facepalm... :sweet:

I've been making some surprise new emoticons. Actually, I'm making them complicated to spell to encourage people to learn how to spell, but they're new regardless! I'll work on a facepalm... :sweet:

I'm so atst6.gif about this that I could eat an ewokbbq.gif

luminara.gif

I'm so atst6.gif about this that I could eat an ewokbbq.gif

luminara.gif

Oh yeah. You made a buttload back in the day, didn't you? Post them again...in that place where you posted them before. :wink: :wink: We should look at those again. It's an amazing set of SW emoticons, right?

Oh yeah. You made a buttload back in the day, didn't you? Post them again...in that place where you posted them before. :wink: :wink: We should look at those again. It's an amazing set of SW emoticons, right?

Yes, I suppose they are :classic:shrug.gifThe thread should be this sentence here. Click it. I know you want to. You're just soooooo curious to find out!

I should fix the missing emotes :blush:

Though, I can't wait to see what you have in store for us :sweet:

:look:

Yes, I suppose they are :classic:shrug.gifThe thread should be this sentence here. Click it. I know you want to. You're just soooooo curious to find out!

I should fix the missing emotes :blush:

Though, I can't wait to see what you have in store for us :sweet:

:look:

Ha ha! I moved that thread. Now nobody will see them until we reveal them. Mwhahahahahaha! :devil:

I'm checking to see if the SW staff wants to use them as official emoticons in their forum... Can you read that CFC forum?

I think since everyone's asking so nicely, we will have to give the option back. Especially since it brings you all such joy. However, in the future, please try not to blame your depression on the EB graphics. :sweet: Thanks...

Not to make light of your condition, of course. I just have to say - you certainly pulled out all the stops. :blush:

I do just see only the Lo-Fi version now on the drop down list. Also I do have a touch of OCD with a spice of perfectionist. :grin: Thank you for your concerns. :wink:

Ha ha! I moved that thread. Now nobody will see them until we reveal them. Mwhahahahahaha! :devil:

Nice try.:grin:

Edited by JCC1004

And we need a Jar-Jar Binks emoticon. :laugh: