Sign in to follow this  
Fat Tony

The Crystal Caves of Ilum

"The crystal is the heart of the blade." -Luminara Unduli

While not exactly an Epic scene, I wanted to do something I hadn't seen before and thought the Crystal Cave on Ilum would be cool.

This comes from Chapter 14 of the first animated Clone Wars series. Here in the Crystal Cave, where the crystals used in a Jedi's lightsaber are grown,

Barriss Offee constructs her lightsaber using the force while Luminara looks on. Unknown to the two Jedi, Separatist chameleon droids have landed on

the planet intent on destroying the crystals.

1277779608m_DISPLAY.jpg

12765631881_DISPLAY.jpg

12777794182_DISPLAY.jpg

12765631904_DISPLAY.jpg

I know, in the cartoon Barriss Offee is surrounded by blue crystals and uses one to construct her blue-bladed lightsaber

but I used the green ones instead cause they glow cool in UV light.

MOCPages

My Medium Epic Scenes entry

My Large Epic Scenes entry

Edited by Fat Tony

Excellent. My only complaint is that the cave needs to be stone gray, but the light-up crystals make up for it. :wub:

Yeah I remember this in the CW cartoon series, and you did a masterful job recreating the scene Fat Tony. :thumbup: The glowing crystals are simply majestic! I love it because it's 'cool to the eyes'...

As others have said, this is certainly appealing to the eye. I quite like it; you've made it look great. The crystals are certainly the seller on this one, However I'm not a fan of it being white. None the less, incredible entry, One of the best small scenes of seen yet. Good luck!

This is a great moc, the UV effect really makes the crystals stand out! Both your mocs use the UV light to great effect. I like the colour too, makes it look like a sandstone cave and reflects the green glow better than dark grey would.

Great MOC! The crystals certainly pop. I really like the design of the droid as well. One of my faves so far.

Good job Fat Tony. I really like how you made the chameleon droid. But what do you mean it isn't that epic? All StarWars scenes are epic and you did very well at making this scene.

Good luck with your entry. Keep Bricking!

Admiral Woodhouse

Edited by Admiral Woodhouse

That is awesome, I love the lighting effect, and the gradual slop of the cave.

Really awesome work!

I like the MOC itself (fantastic droid and lightning effects), but I think it would be better if it was more accurate to the scene. Specifically, less Hoth-y and more dark and gloomy, with dark bley and black replacing white. Also, I know you like the lightning effects on the green, but if you have any trans blue and/or purple pieces, I think they would add to the accuracy.

Excellent work for what you did, though. pirate_thumbup.gif

I'll just repeat what others have said and say you really need to set this darker. Maybe keep the top white, as there was snow, but the inside should be changhed. And as much as I love the glow, some blue, purple, maybe even red would make it even more accurate. i love the chamelean droid, I loved those and am mad that they haven't returned.

The robot is amazing. I actually didn't remember the episode at all after reading the title of the thread or reading the description but I seriously remembered it after I saw the robot. It is accurate plus it looks very good.

It's you again 'Fat Tony' - nice MOC - AWESOME droid and COOL crystal cave too !

Good luck again to you and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Now this scene may be unknown to me, but you've made it epic.

Awesome entry - best of luck.

Shesh! I really like that cut-out side view.

So goddam smart :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm glad the droid is a hit, I didn't really care for the design in the cartoon but knew the top of the MOC needed something.

I corrected the color of the first photo so that it looks whiter.