Sign in to follow this  
Torham

We're all gonna be a lot thinner

This is the scene where they are trapped in the garbage masher in Episode 4. Luke is trying to reach C3PO while the others are trying to stop the moving walls.

I hope you like it. Any feedback is welcome.

garbage-01.jpg

garbage-02.jpg

garbage-03.jpg

Interesting choice for a scene. I like what you did with the flex tubing.

However, I'm not digging the color scheme. I don't remember red and black walls in the movie. I suggest greebled dark bley walls.

I was hoping someone would do this scene. You have a good start here, but I have a few suggestions:

1) Instead of a solid gray floor, I would just have piles of debris. I don't know what you have available, but almost anything would work since it's just a bunch of trash.

2) I don't recall the walls being that red. I think they were mostly black, but I could be wrong.

3) I would lose Leia's and Luke's legs since they were waist high in the muck! But again, at this point they may have been up more?

You need more garbage, and the walls need to be dk. grey, but you have the right basic structure :thumbup:

Great scene to recreate !

I dont mind the red walls, that scene did have a reddish glow throughout. Maybe the walls could have a bit more detail on though ?

i agree about the trash, i think there should be more with the minifigs waste deep!

Also is there a way to make the Dianoga ? Maybe just a tentacle coming out of the waste would be great!

Edited by squiz

That's a good start Torham, but like what the others said, there are way way more rooms for improvement for your entry. You should correct the color scheme, add more garbage, greebles, and details, and don't forget the Dianoga tentacles! Maybe you could revisit the movie scene and/or look at this same room featured in the Death Star set for some inspiration.

This is a great start on a very epic scene! However, personally, the red just grates my eye. It's a far too intrusive colour for this scene. I'd suggest Brown, Dark brown, Dark grey. That would suit it more. Also, some grebling of the rubbish definately wouldn't hurt.

Hope to see this one great with a few Mods :classic:

I actually did this scene for a past contest in march, At the time i was just getting back into LEGO and had very little to work with but feel free to take a look My Version

If i was to do this now i would add greebling to the walls and use a different snot method without worrying about the walls being able to move

Edited by Fatyankee

Thank you all for your very useful feedback. I will work on the walls and add some garbage to the garbage masher.

I could not reflect what I had in mind due to lack of parts. Thus, I had to order some parts; I just hope they will arrive before the deadline.

I know this scene deserves a better adaptation. :)

You've still got time.

And remember it's all about participating and getting better at MOCing.

The prizes are secondary...

I agree the colors aren't perfect but you nailed the idea, and the flexig tube is a great addition.

Maybe add more junk on the floor?