Sign in to follow this  
CCOOK

My latest creation . . . .

This is just what I have right now - I've purposely cut out the stern and much of the midship section because it still needs completion. This is a 20-gun beast with all the bells and whistles - I'll provide all of you with a new post detailing all of its features after it's done, but here's a little appetizer:

The name of the ship is the Hellbound Heart.

newshipj.jpg

Enjoy.

-CCOOK :jollyroger:

Edited by CCOOK

I like what I see so far, I can't wait until it's finished.

The colors really work for me, along with the skull sails.

Here's the ship nearly completed - I still need to finish the decking and add the pirate minifigures.

hh1i.jpg

hh2o.jpg

hh3y.jpg

I'll take better-quality photos of it that show all of the features once everything's finished.

Enjoy!

I would give it 3 masts, but for the rest it's a nice ship.

Like Big Cam already said the colours really work, especially the brown decks.

Can't wait to see the entirely-finished product!

Well, I decided to release one more spoiler here.

Here is the ship in front of the Barracuda:

hh4q.jpg

How do you access the gun decks in order to move the cannons?

hh5u.jpg

Hinge one side of the ship:

hh6r.jpg

Everything is tiled with reddish-brown, old brown, and dark brown tiles:

hh7r.jpg

The crew quarters are the lower set of red windows, and consist of three sets of double bunk beds on the same level as the second gun deck.

The first gun deck leads up to the second gun deck with black ladders - the aft portion with the arch contains a bunch of powder kegs, and each level has plenty of cannon balls and barrels.

Edited by CCOOK

AWESOME just AWESOME work CCOOK ! :pir-grin:

Fantastic openning side displaying all that fire power - nice ! :pir-classic:

I'm a conformist! ! :pir-sweet:

Oh my, that is just amazing! I have no remarks about this stunning ship, great coloursheme.

The interior is beautiful with those tiled decks, and it's easy accessible! :thumbup: The sails fit this ship well, but I'm not sure about the grey lifeboat though.

Keep it up!

I love this ship! I can't say much that has not already been said. Truly wonderful ship and it's a treat to see! Keep up the good work.

:jollyroger:

Come on now, enough spoilers,you know I'm just waiting to blog this, its looking really really good.

Come on now, enough spoilers,you know I'm just waiting to blog this, its looking really really good.

All right - I've finished the tiling today via my latest Bricklink order - the ship is now finished. I really need to get a better camera setup like the rest of you have, so that I can take some better pictures that aren't flashed to shit.

Here's the ship with most of the pirates (I'm still waiting on some more parts - I want to place some treasure on the deck, and I also want to add an African pirate).

Wide view:

hh8zw.jpg

Profile:

hh9g.jpg

Down low:

hh10e.jpg

Close-up #1:

hh11.jpg

Close-up #2:

hh12.jpg

Aft:

hh13.jpg

Cargo grating opened:

hh14.jpg

Boring:

hh15.jpg

Interesting:

hh16.jpg

Inside close-up:

hh17.jpg

Stern:

hh18.jpg

Stern again:

hh19.jpg

The other side:

hh20.jpg

I hope you all like it; I really need to get a decent camera setup and Photoshop this onto an ocean background or something similar.

I love it, it is so massive, I'll blog this later tonight, I've been waiting!

Awesome work!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

That is simply amazing. I think my favorite part is how it opens up to show the side bay with all the cannons. My only recommendation is that it would be nice if the walls tapered a little more in order to be more realistic. Regardless, this is incredible.

Yar. Tis a monstrous, gorgeous, beautiful behemoth of a ship you've created thar!

The sheer scale of it is impressive, but I love that you took the time and effort to make one of the sides hinged so that all that fantastic detail below decks was revealed. Hmmm. If you were to read that last sentence metaphorically, it sounds rather perverted. But I assure you, twas only your ship I was complimenting.

Kudos on a fantastic job!

This is a great model! Its nice to see a ship built in a different way, the colour scheme works well and i like how you've made windows for the cabin rather then use the pre-made ones. The fact that you've allowed an option to see inside the decks really makes it stand out. Nice details all round, great work :thumbup:

Thanks everybody!

I don't really know what to build next - I'm thinking of an "Imperial Outpost 2010" and a "Barracuda 2010," but I will have to wait and see - a new Barracuda needs to be something really special and a little bit smaller than the Hellbound Heart (probably 5 mid sections instead of six).

Oh yeah - Derfel and Blackmoor - the mocs at the bottom of your posts look bad-*ss. :pirate_skel1:

Edited by CCOOK